SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

3 posters

What do I have to bet to get rid of this chimp?

khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

What do I have to bet to get rid of this chimp? Empty What do I have to bet to get rid of this chimp?

Post  khenny Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:45 am

Any thoughts?

** Hand # 3069614472 starting - 2010-01-07 14:39:55
    ** €1,500 GUARANTEED (6 SEAT)[3279420]:Table 4 [Multi Table Hold'em] (20.00|40.00 NL - MTT) Real Money

zinana sitting in seat 1 with 1830.00
    _Roughluck_ sitting in seat 2 with 2250.00
    masmati sitting in seat 3 with 2800.00
    pokerkenny sitting in seat 4 with 2360.00
    BELGIUMSHARK sitting in seat 5 with 2580.00[Dealer]
    SpirikXxX sitting in seat 6 with 3180.00
    SpirikXxX posted the small blind - 10.00
    zinana posted the big blind - 20.00

** Dealing cards to pokerkenny: Kc, Kd
    _Roughluck_ folded
    masmati folded
    pokerkenny raised to 100.00
    BELGIUMSHARK folded
    SpirikXxX folded
    zinana called - 100.00

** Dealing the flop: 4c, 4d, 5h
    zinana checked
    pokerkenny bet - 200.00
    zinana called - 200.00

** Dealing the turn: Qc
    zinana bet - 600.00
    pokerkenny went all-in - 2060.00
    zinana went all-in - 930.00
    zinana shows: 3c, 8c

** Dealing the river: 6c
    zinana wins 3670.00 from the main pot

Rake: 0.00

edit to add : In case you're wondering why the all in after his turn bet? I have notes on this chimp and they pretty much say it all. "Total bingo merchant" is all I have written down on him.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

What do I have to bet to get rid of this chimp? Empty Re: What do I have to bet to get rid of this chimp?

Post  khenny Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 am

Just to add that that particular hand very early in the MTT put this guy about 7th. I have just checked back to find he has already donked all the chips away and is now out. 10mins longer than me he lasted but did manage to get my chips first of course.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

What do I have to bet to get rid of this chimp? Empty Re: What do I have to bet to get rid of this chimp?

Post  khenny Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:08 am

Here's another of his belters. Went in to see what he was doing in next MTT and this was the first hand I saw.

** Hand # 3069656555 starting - 2010-01-07 15:04:36
    ** タ3,000 GTD TURBO REBUY[3279463]:Table 16 [Multi Table Hold'em] (20.00|40.00 NL - MTT) Real Money

jrpollo sitting in seat 1 with 6000.00
    insanity007 sitting in seat 2 with 4000.00[Dealer]
    robames sitting in seat 3 with 2010.00
    opsy sitting in seat 4 with 2000.00
    Moccen sitting in seat 5 with 1980.00
    zinana sitting in seat 6 with 2020.00
    bast13 sitting in seat 7 with 3920.00
    Elusive sitting in seat 8 with 2000.00
    DyD17 sitting in seat 9 with 8070.00
    m1kkel sitting in seat 10 with 2000.00
    robames posted the small blind - 10.00
    opsy posted the big blind - 20.00
    Moccen folded
    zinana called - 20.00
    bast13 went all-in - 3920.00
    Elusive folded
    DyD17 folded
    m1kkel folded
    jrpollo folded
    insanity007 folded
    robames folded
    opsy folded
    zinana went all-in - 2000.00
    zinana shows: 6h, 8h
    bast13 shows: Jd, Js

** Dealing the flop: 5d, Qd, 7h

** Dealing the turn: 9d

** Dealing the river: Jh
    zinana wins 4070.00 from the main pot

Rake: 0.00
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:39 am

Without going deep into it, Khenny. Both your hand and the one after are classic examples of someone not caring. I've played many tournaments (I came 2nd in one for $500!) where I played only pairs and sooted cards (yes even 23 sooted). There can be a number of reasons for this but most involve letting off steam.

What I'd say to you is, given you're in such good shape, do you want him to fold? I don't.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:02 am

MADV wrote:Without going deep into it, Khenny. Both your hand and the one after are classic examples of someone not caring. I've played many tournaments (I came 2nd in one for $500!) where I played only pairs and sooted cards (yes even 23 sooted). There can be a number of reasons for this but most involve letting off steam.

What I'd say to you is, given you're in such good shape, do you want him to fold? I don't.

So tell me exactly how many times have you decided to play a £25 MTT to let off steam? I can understand (almost) letting off steam in a £2.50 rebuy but not a £25 f/out. Maybe it's just me. scratch
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:01 pm

khenny wrote:
    MADV wrote:Without going deep into it, Khenny. Both your hand and the one after are classic examples of someone not caring. I've played many tournaments (I came 2nd in one for $500!) where I played only pairs and sooted cards (yes even 23 sooted). There can be a number of reasons for this but most involve letting off steam.

So tell me exactly how many times have you decided to play a £25 MTT to let off steam? I can understand (almost) letting off steam in a £2.50 rebuy but not a £25 f/out. Maybe it's just me. scratch

It's not just you, Khenny, it's many people. I've done it in $100 buy ins. I even put £1000 on red once (on tilt and steaming) but we shan't go there. It happens mate. £25 to some is like peanuts. To me now it's like gold, when I had a roll I'd have (ask Rick) thought nothing of throwing it away.I used to put £100 in fruit machine to win £25 ffs!
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:26 pm

I have no doubt many people tilt in many different ways at many different levels playing many different games. However entering a freezeout MTT and waiting 20/25 hands is not tilting. He (as I pointed out in the OP) had previously been classified by myself as donkius giganticus . A title which he lived up to with some ease.

This was a beat posted in the beats section with the ironic title of "What do I have to bet......" because the answer is there's virtually no bet that can make a complete chimp fold. The other reason was to flag up another donk so that if someone on here encounters him then they will know what to expect.
    nikthebad
    nikthebad

SPS Chips : 114

Post  nikthebad Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:22 am

MADV wrote:I used to put £100 in fruit machine to win £25 ffs!

*Sigh* Them were the good old days, down the it's a scream pub.

fav memory: vad asking someone to take the fag out of his mouth whilst playing pinball coz he couldn't see or take his hands off the flippers! Smile
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:48 am

nikthebad wrote:
    MADV wrote:I used to put £100 in fruit machine to win £25 ffs!

*Sigh* Them were the good old days, down the it's a scream pub.

fav memory: vad asking someone to take the fag out of his mouth whilst playing pinball coz he couldn't see or take his hands off the flippers! Smile

Oh my! Do you remember the Star Wars pinball? What about the one in the Union that used to say "Cow Head" (you had to be there!) that started the phrase "Dickkkkkkk headddd" forever and a day.
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:52 am

khenny wrote:I have no doubt many people tilt in many different ways at many different levels playing many different games. However entering a freezeout MTT and waiting 20/25 hands is not tilting. He (as I pointed out in the OP) had previously been classified by myself as donkius giganticus . A title which he lived up to with some ease.

If you don't think this happens, then you're missing something in poker, Khenny, especially online. How do you know he hasn't just gone out of a bigger game on another site? That's the main reason Rick was so good at mtts but even he did it. I've seen 8 games disappear in a matter of seconds, no matter what the buy in. It does happen.

khenny wrote:
    This was a beat posted in the beats section with the ironic title of "What do I have to bet......" because the answer is there's virtually no bet that can make a complete chimp fold. The other reason was to flag up another donk so that if someone on here encounters him then they will know what to expect.

Indeed it was. The answer is yes, no bet will, but again I ask, why would you want to bet that amount(the magical amount he'll fold to) - you only want him to fold if you're behind or only a very-slight favourite?

As for the overal tone of your post, mayhap I'm missing something but it appears defencive. sorry if my post appeared offensive, it was merely to help you understand how a "donk" thinks (I am one remember cheers )
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:19 am

I really don't think you are getting it Vad. I have absolutely no doubt that he may have gone out in another MTT somewhere else in cyber space which affected his play at that precise point in the MTT I was playing him in.

The point I am trying (very hard) to get you to understand is that people don't join an MTT while in the middle of a steaming tilt and then patiently wait 25 hands before lumping with a shite hand! That isn't tilting. That isn't steaming.

If they want to tilt or let off steam then they will do it when they are upset. Steaming and tilting are very emotion packed things and to sit down in a "tilting" mood in a freezeout MTT then play the odd hand here and there and 15mins later decide it's time to let off steam doesn't happen.
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:27 am

khenny wrote:I really don't think you are getting it Vad. I have absolutely no doubt that he may have gone out in another MTT somewhere else in cyber space which affected his play at that precise point in the MTT I was playing him in.

The point I am trying (very hard) to get you to understand is that people don't join an MTT while in the middle of a steaming tilt and then patiently wait 25 hands before lumping with a shite hand! That isn't tilting. That isn't steaming.

If they want to tilt or let off steam then they will do it when they are upset. Steaming and tilting are very emotion packed things and to sit down in a "tilting" mood in a freezeout MTT then play the odd hand here and there and 15mins later decide it's time to let off steam doesn't happen.

At what point did I say he sat down steaming? He could have been happy as Larry for 15 mins, all well in the world, waiting for his premium to come then bam - he suddenly realises he forgot to turn the chip pan off at his mums so whacks em all in and runs off. Extreme I know. Absolutely anything can and will happen at any point and you can't just assume that player plays like that all the time. Maybe they do, I concede that, but then he really is that rich that he can just throw £25 away each and every time he sits and plays.

I don't know what other point I'm missing - please explain further.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 am