SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

4 posters

This was funny

danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

This was funny Empty This was funny

Post  danowski69 Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:25 am

On the turn, i checked after invoking extra time for 15 seconds lol

MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

This was funny Empty Re: This was funny

Post  MADV Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:37 am

Nice work, Danny. My only question is this, and please be as honest as possible - If the turn came a blank would you still call the turn and river bets?

I'd be going bust on that hand after calling for 500 like you did. I'm just wondering what other people's take on it is?

Personally, especially live, I now fold nearly every A unless it's big, and it needs to be suited if it's A10 or Aj and late position. I get into so much trouble otherwise.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:47 am

MADV wrote:Nice work, Danny. My only question is this, and please be as honest as possible - If the turn came a blank would you still call the turn and river bets?

I'd be going bust on that hand after calling for 500 like you did. I'm just wondering what other people's take on it is?

Personally, especially live, I now fold nearly every A unless it's big, and it needs to be suited if it's A10 or Aj and late position. I get into so much trouble otherwise.

I agree Vad. I would probably not have entered the pot with that hand. I am more likely to be involved here with JQ/JK or possibly mid suited connectors. A rag (for me any A with 9 and below) is the most common hand to bust out of games with.

That being said, it all is dependant on stack sizes table dynamics and players left in tournie.

Nice hand but don't be remembering that hand the next time you are dealt A rag suited!
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 am

Honestly, if he hadnt of bet 500 on the turn if it was blank then yeah id of gone all the way.

If he bets big, im out.

The reason why i called in the 1st place is that the last hand was low flop, and clubs, and the one before was mid pair spades, i just used that odds of it been a diamond flop on that basis, god knows where i think of this crap but that time it worked....oh i have so much to learn lol
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:03 pm

danowski69 wrote:Honestly, if he hadnt of bet 500 on the turn if it was blank then yeah id of gone all the way.

If he bets big, im out.

The reason why i called in the 1st place is that the last hand was low flop, and clubs, and the one before was mid pair spades, i just used that odds of it been a diamond flop on that basis, god knows where i think of this crap but that time it worked....oh i have so much to learn lol

Is anyone else here worried by this comment?

Danny, and I really don't mean to sound patronising, so please don't take it that way - you need to learn a little about odds, mate. Even if it's only a little.

Take this for example - If I toss a coin 9 times and it comes up heads each time, what're the odds of the tenth time being heads? Is it more likely to be tails?

After we've moved past this we'll go on to the fact that the odds of you making your flush are about 3% (pre flop).
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:21 pm

mate i did say i have no idea on odds, and that i play how i feel at the time, hence my comment on "I HAVE LOTS TO LEARN" lol

not patronising at all m8, i know what ya saying here
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:28 pm

no m8 my chances are still 50-50 on the coin toss.
    hopelesglory
    hopelesglory

SPS Chips : 140

Post  hopelesglory Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:53 am

i think u played the hand quite well, only the preflop call was questionable...but not necessarily bad

ur oppenant played the hand very bad, didn't raise enuff preflop, didn't raise enuff on the flop, and then raised too much on the river!! easy to say in heinsight but he shudda checked the river as theres not many hands that will call a value bet or many stronger hands that will fold.

its nice when ppl get punished for bad play Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 am