SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

3 posters

Online V Live

danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

Online V Live Empty Online V Live

Post  danowski69 Thu May 06, 2010 9:30 am

Ok so here's a quesion ive wondered about for a while.

How different to online is live poker?

Is it better?
    More exciting?
    Boring?
    More profitable?

Seen as some of you play live, id like some advice as im thinking about playing live soon.
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Online V Live Empty Re: Online V Live

Post  MADV Thu May 06, 2010 10:23 am

danowski69 wrote:Ok so here's a quesion ive wondered about for a while.

Is it better?
    More exciting?
    Boring?
    More profitable?

Seen as some of you play live, id like some advice as im thinking about playing live soon.

It's more exciting, a better atmosphere and a really good laugh.

You'll find out soon enough anyway - I hear my best man's doing me a poker weekend in Nottingham!
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Thu May 06, 2010 10:26 am

OOO sounds good, whos ya best man?

Ill have to pop along and show mi mug for once...if i get an invite :-)
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sun May 09, 2010 6:17 am

Its fairly different in some ways, but obviously very similar in others lol. Its slower, but much more social. People tend to concnetrate more than in online games - as they are only playing one game. However there is always some unbelievably bad play, especially in cheap £5 rebuys.

Your table image will be noticed more - ie if you dont play any hands, the whole table will notice, if you limp a lot, everyone will notice, etc.

You can read people a lot more easily, a few examples/ideas....

1. When the cards are dealt, dont look at them until its your turn to act, just watch everyone elses facial responsses to their cards. Some people give off obv tells at this point. Remember tho, some peeps may notice this and pay particular attention when you look at your own cards, so get the poker face mastered Wink

2. apply the same logic to the flop - dont look at it, look at your opponents face(s).

3. Pay close attention to what happens in pots youre not involved in, try and pick up reads/tells/how peeps play.

Is it better?
    Its a different beast, but most people enjoy it more than online poker. Try it and see!

More exciting?
    Winning or cashing live is more exciting than online definitely. Everyone see's you win, it feels great lol, and the tension is always higher. The pace is slower however, so it evens out imo.

Boring?
    Definitely no imo Smile I'm always the most chatty at the table, and i love chatting biscuits to everyone, having a laff, and getting inside everyones head Smile

More profitable?
    Hard to one to answer this - if you want to win a million+ then you definitely have more chance in a live game, like the wsop Wink On a day to day basis tho, definitely not, as you can only play one game at a time and it takes 4 times as long!

So overall, I'd 100% advise you to have a go!

A few pointers tho....

Pick a frz out game - rebuys can get costly quickly, everyone plays mad and rebuys a lot.

Have a few beers first Wink

most importantly - choose somewhere with DEALER DEALT games. If you dont know, ring and check. Some live games are self deal, and id advise you to avoid these like the plague.... they are often very slow and frustrating. Also, any rule debates/infringements, are handled by regular players, and theyll side with their m8s rather than you lol. Dealer dealt games solves the majority of ths problem.

Id really consider dtd for your first game, professionally run games are always mroe fun. Next sps trip to dtd will be soon, so we'll look forward to meeting you there Wink
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Sun May 09, 2010 6:55 am

Very sound advice mate and nice to see in from the point of view of a live player.

Few good tips/pointers there that im sure ill be using... Mainly checking to see the eyes light up when my opppo see's his cards (AA or the like) LOL

Im really intersted in the DTD/Shark event so keep me in the loop.

Be nice to finally meet everyone.

As for the beer before the game.......I dont drink so a glass of ya finest semi-skimmed will go down a treat

Peace out king

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 am