SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

3 posters

Call or Fold?

hopelesglory
    hopelesglory

SPS Chips : 140

Call or Fold? Empty Call or Fold?

Post  hopelesglory Sun May 09, 2010 8:44 pm

Interesting hand this....

10 buck rebuy on I-Poker
    Quite late in
    SB 200, BB 400, anti 50

It folds round to the small blind who completes for 200, I dont have much information on him.

My Stack (12k)
    His Stack (9k)

I have (BB)
    Qc 7s

and elect to check,no point doing anything silly...
    Pot 1200 odd
    Flop brings
    Qs 4h 3c

He bets 400 and i re-raise to 1200 trying to end the hand there - he could have anything at this point and my hand isn't strong enough to slow play, he calls.

So I think he has something like:
    56 (straight draw),
    a weak Queen also or
    a holding that contains a 4 or 3 and is hoping to spike 2 pair/trips (e.g. A4 or K3) on the turn/river

If he already had two pair he would probably re raised and if he had a queen with a big kicker he would probably re raise also

Pot 3600
    Turn brings
    Jh

He checks and i think at this point he has 56, I figure he won't call a bet (although betting is probably the right thing to do, the pot is quite big already) - but if I check behind he might try and bluff the river, then I can just call and this also keeps the pot cheap in case he does have me beat (e.g. QJ)

My hand isnt that strong really - but I dont feel like there are many cards that can change my situation (only if a hand like Q2 or A4 becomes 2 pair on the river)

River
    7d

Classic river gives me 2 pair but also completes a straight draw (lol), he shoves all in for 7.5k.

I fold assuming he has QJ or 56 - tbh don't know what he had but think I was beat! Sad

Thoughts anyone??
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Call or Fold? Empty Re: Call or Fold?

Post  khenny Mon May 10, 2010 2:29 am

Hey Hope, I have already given you my thoughts on this one and I believe you made the correct decision to fold in this case.

Him flat calling your raise on the flop and then checking the turn could easily be construed as a drawing hand, however, it could also just as easily be seen as a monster! No point calling a huge bet on the river here as you still have a decent stack.

Plenty of times an all in like this will be a total bluff and you would go tilty if he showed it. The fact he doesn't show leads me to believe that it was a hand that had you crushed. I know lots of people don't show bluffs but I like to do it on occasion especially when getting deep in mtt's.

Always nice to send someone over the edge tilty when it's coming around towards bubble time!

woop!
    Bubster
    Bubster

SPS Chips : 396

Post  Bubster Thu May 20, 2010 4:36 am

pot is 3.6k, and he shoves for 7k.... odd

if he has just hit the nuts, I think he trys to get paid.

This looks like a bluff or some random 2 pair hand to me, I'm going for the call here.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm