SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+8
ieatu4dindin
hopelesglory
Bubster
remember91
Chipped
wildrick
JPK
Davejacks
12 posters

auto call?

Davejacks

SPS Chips : 53

auto call? Empty auto call?

Post  Davejacks Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:52 am

hi all

Playing 10 man stts at the moment, $10-$50.

Just wondering on this hand...

its early on, with 25/50 blinds, and 1500 starting stack.

folded to me on button, still 10 players left, and everyone has similar to startin stack except 2 people who have swapped 1k, but both folded now.

AQ suited, and raise, to 200.

sb folds, bb calls.

flop comes QJ3 rainbow, he thinks for a while then shoves for his whole 1300 ish.

I insta call thinking KQ K10 etc, and im fairly surprised to see KK. I hit a nice Q on the river to take the pot, and he spends 5 minutes telling me im a donkey from the rail lol.

I thought it was an obvious call, am i being daft? I had no real info on the guy, he'd only played a couple of hands and won one with a c-bet and lost other, so i didnt see either hand. but i was fairly surei was ahead here, no agresion from him pre, and a strange call-pre/shove-turn if he has something like QJ.
    JPK
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 3

auto call? Empty Re: auto call?

Post  JPK Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:59 am

the reason for his flat call is your 4x bu raise. This looks, & is, far too strong and you are betting out a lot of hands you want action from. The difference between 150 and 200 may not be much but psychologically it's pretty huge.

I'm not saying he played it well and once the flop hits the money is going in. But take a step back and look at pre, as that is what caused the strange action.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:03 pm

I think it's call everytime for me, particularly because of his flat shove.

JPK is right tho - 200 from the button prices out a lot of calls you want, 125-150 area seems more sensible, you probably get reraised here and can fold.

i dont think he played it well, after disguising his hand pre flop, he can just check raise this flop happily, knowing you are likely to bet as the aggressor.

By shoving he only really gets called by AQ / KQ, or a hand that is beating him.
    Chipped
    Chipped

SPS Chips : 134
    Favourite hand : Posh dog (k9 suited)

Post  Chipped Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:21 pm

think you both played it ok, and yes auto call
    remember91
    remember91

SPS Chips : 130

Post  remember91 Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:17 am

If he thinks for a while then shoves you've got to think he might have AA,KK,QQ,JJ,33. He showed strength calling ur 200 raise plus its early doors and you've still got 1300 chips to fight with. I'd fold.
    Bubster
    Bubster

SPS Chips : 396

Post  Bubster Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:46 am

thing is remember, i cant see him shoving any of those hands? mbe a check/raise shove, but not a str8 out shove with a set.

I think it's a call tbh.
    hopelesglory
    hopelesglory

SPS Chips : 140

Post  hopelesglory Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:26 am

i think that early in the tournament and with no info on the guy, i would probably fold. You only have 200 invested in the pot and he could have flopped almost anything (even if he has KT or some other fishy hand u still have a chance of being drawn out)

i like the way he played it though, he shoves look like he is a fishy clown who cant play flops.
    ieatu4dindin
    ieatu4dindin

SPS Chips : 15

Post  ieatu4dindin Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:09 am

Rule no.1 don't get involved too early in stt all u have is 1 pair at the end of the day 4 or 5 players left yeah ok fine 10 players left all your stack 1 pair not good.
    SOX
    SOX
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 17
    Favourite hand : 108 clubs

auto call? Empty snap

Post  SOX Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:29 am

i snap allday everyday,but im semi retarded so wat do i know
    TheLad
    TheLad

SPS Chips : 4

Post  TheLad Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:12 pm

SOX wrote:i snap allday everyday,but im semi retarded so wat do i know

you said it HOmo haha ! hows the haters still feelin the love ha
    OP i snap the bb shovers arm off here!
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:32 pm

hey there TheLad, and welcome back to our forum What a Face. If there was a prize for longest gap between joining and first posting, i think you just won it Wink Hows poker treating ya?

I dunno if Sox has h8ers, but if he does its definitely a compliment, all the best players annoy everyone who plays with them Wink
    TheLad
    TheLad

SPS Chips : 4

Post  TheLad Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:47 pm

wildrick wrote:hey there TheLad, and welcome back to our forum What a Face. If there was a prize for longest gap between joining and first posting, i think you just won it Wink Hows poker treating ya?

I dunno if Sox has h8ers, but if he does its definitely a compliment, all the best players annoy everyone who plays with them Wink

Very Happy Cheers Rik! yeah pokers going good m8 cheers making enough deep runs and finals just need to close a few more out!hope your running good and doing well! until my next post glglglgl
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:31 am

TheLad wrote:
    wildrick wrote:hey there TheLad, and welcome back to our forum What a Face. If there was a prize for longest gap between joining and first posting, i think you just won it Wink Hows poker treating ya?

Very Happy Cheers Rik! yeah pokers going good m8 cheers making enough deep runs and finals just need to close a few more out!hope your running good and doing well! until my next post glglglgl

Don't let it be another X-amount of time will you? With the quality of your input, we're all jumping for joy! No, seriously, get posting more, Lad!
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:39 pm

bing bash bosh, SnG, whats it matter ? hit miss play multi tab and the odds.

late post to a old thread but need some response on forrum befor we all dry up and fade away.

been grinding 20 & 30 SnG's today, odd for sunday but running chit in Mtt's so bang what ya can cash, 29 games 18 cashed, 7 1st, whole lot of chat and $150 up :-( way to tight hey ho. no action on hilo SnG other than $5 games so popped 3 up raped in all 3 !!!!!! lol there my hero's

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:35 am