SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

4 posters

WWYD

MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

WWYD Empty WWYD

Post  MADV Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:55 am

I don't know if you do the WWYD's here - if not, boot me out, but here's one for consideration. I'll try to set the scene as best I can.

You've been playing for 4 hours. 1st is 1k. Standard top 10 payout structure. There's 11 players left.

You're on table with 5 players. Stacks s1 22k(TP) s2 24k(TP) s3 74k(TA) sb(you - propper LAG!)56k bb 13k(TP). Blinds 1/2k. Other table has 1 on 100k, all rest around 20-30k. One shorty on 5k about to be in bb next.

s2 makes it 4k (min raise) - it's pot limit by the way - the button bets the pot. it's 15k to you. You look down at AKK3 (K3sAhAd) (it had to be a KK hand didn't it?!). What in god's name do you do? Do you re-raise, push, fold, call??? All folded on other table. Hand for hand waiting for your action.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

WWYD Empty Re: WWYD

Post  khenny Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:16 am

Got to say it's an auto fold for me here m8. There are just too many nasty things which could happen before it arrives back at you. You have an excellent stack which affords you lots of opportunities to play and you have two stacks to your left 13k &22k that can be picked on during the bubble period.

Original raiser may re pop all in which leaves the door open for the big stack to lump also. Unlikely I know but I've seen hands like this where the chips go in and over is turned AAK2 & AKK3. affraid

Original raiser will, in all likelihood, fold to the big stacks re raise but what do you do against a guy who has you covered if you miss the flop?

It's highly likely that he is re raising with a decent hand so you could be looking at AA23/4/5 etc. Other option is that he just wants to be the table bully and he may catch a str8 with mid-high cards. That particular shitty option has bitten my ass on many occasions.

As you say the other table is where shorty is and he will be an auto all in soon considering his stack size which usually results in 2 or 3 calls from the table and a check down to get shot of him.

Once on FT you will then have more scope to target the smaller stacks as they usually start lumping shortly after the bubble pops. With the round now back to 10 it means loads more starting hands to look at without feeling you have to make something happen with more marginal ones.

You know yourself that you can play the game, so is it not better to sit at FT with decent stack and pick good moments rather than get involved in a slug fest with a guy who has you covered on the bubble?

That's my tuppence worth m8.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:01 am

Great reply khenny!

So you have 50k odd, 20k stack min raises, and 70k stack pot raises?

I can't see anything else apart from a fold here. He's probably bullying but there's still no need to be getting involved, especially when it's preflop, and against the only stack bigger than yours.

If he'd called instead of pot reraising, then there's a case for either flat calling behind or even reraising yourself. But once he makes it pot, i'm outta there.
    LANGERS

SPS Chips : 122

Post  LANGERS Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:36 am

You look down at AKK3 (K3sAhAd)

Sorry but which is it vad mate? have u got aak3 or akk3? if you got AAK3,well i gotta be honest i'm in it to win and taking on the fella and trying to take down a huge pot or go out with the best hand as their is no way i'm thinking im behind!

if however,it's akk3,then i might well,in fact almost certainly fold and wait for a better spot and hopefully the shorty to go out.

If the 70k chippy wasnt involved,im playing for sure,but the reraise makes me think i could well be up against something like a23k,making fold the sensible option.
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:42 am

Thanks for the replies, gents.

It was AKK3 Davy. Typo on the second bit, sorry.

I agree that the fold is probably the best option but for different reasons. The number one reason for me is that I want to play poker and not bingo. Like the DT final I got my chips all in once, once in 2 days and lost. Every other time (and there were lots I can assure you) I didn't commit everything.

It's interesting to hear the different view points though.
    LANGERS

SPS Chips : 122

Post  LANGERS Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:54 am

Thing is tho mate,at some stage you have to commit,as you will often know in the late stages of hilo,people's raising range widens dramitically and i for one,am not folding premium hands to an aggressor even if it means i might bust out otherwise he's gonna walk all over me whenever he gets a sniff of a hand at the ft.

however,your fold on this occasion was correct as your hand was decent but not brilliant and you had no idea of whether or not you were ahead.

also,your a wimp now,a proper folding/calling station and dont play muffy like ya used too!! puff! Wink
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:02 am

LANGERS wrote:Thing is tho mate,at some stage you have to commit,as you will often know in the late stages of hilo,people's raising range widens dramitically and i for one,am not folding premium hands to an aggressor even if it means i might bust out otherwise he's gonna walk all over me whenever he gets a sniff of a hand at the ft.

however,your fold on this occasion was correct as your hand was decent but not brilliant and you had no idea of whether or not you were ahead.

also,your a wimp now,a proper folding/calling station and dont play muffy like ya used too!! puff! Wink

Haha! The hand was hypothetical to be honest, Davy. I'd have had a rush of blood and banged them all in thoguh. Every day of the week! Mayhap that's the wrong way to play that hand in that situation, but with the idiots we play, that's what I'd be doing. I'm still a muff mate. Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content