SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+2
wildrick
fluffb
6 posters

liverpool

fluffb
    fluffb

SPS Chips : 368

liverpool Empty liverpool

Post  fluffb Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:18 pm

obv something wrong at this club.

not won the title in years and dont look like winning it in the next 5 years.

wot needs to be done?

rafa said give me 5 years when he started, so is it time up?
    or is it above that that needs to go?

for me i think that 3/4 of the plrs at liverpool are just not good enough

p.s. im sure rick is quite happy at the way the club is being run/managed Wink
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

liverpool Empty Re: liverpool

Post  wildrick Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:36 pm

fluffb wrote:obv something wrong at this club.

wot needs to be done?

Id be happy to see rafa there in 5 years What a Face Although kenny dalglish as manager sounds funny Twisted Evil
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:57 am

fluffb wrote:obv something wrong at this club.

wot needs to be done?

I don't know what the answer is. I'm an Engineer that is all. My opinion would mean absolutely nothing so I'll just say that I'm worried that my team are under performing. I think that confidence is shot and half the 'team' is injured. We don't appear to be able to win a game at this moment in time and I can't see that improving short term.

Is Rafa right or wrong for the job? I've no idea, as I say, who am I to say who'd be good in charge of a club. The closest I've ever got (and am ever likely to) is LMA manager on the PS2!

Would we do better with a big takeover - yes, but that's not football knowledge or opinion, that's the fact that money talks - think, Chelsea, Man City, Man U, Arsenal.
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Just a quick point really for you all to mull over. I understand that ManU didn't need to win tonight. I understand everything behind it.

The one quick point (and I know it's taking something to extremes) but I'd like to point out that the ManU team tonight is a team that would play if ManU's top players were injured etc or badly lacking confidence.

Is this as big a crisis as Liverpool losing to Fioreitna 2-0 at home with half the team missing / or the same thing with a few of the other games - Lyon etc Man City 2-2? What I'm trying to point out is that no team performs as good as it does when it's got all it's best players playing? I know Liverpool's squad is poor at the moment and needs investment but I'd like all those calling for Rafa's head just to remember where the ground is. I know something's up with my team, I don't know the answers, but let's put it into perspective?

What do all the "It was only the kids playing" ManU fans think?

PS:(Oh look, another 6 minutes Fergie time tonight!)
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:58 pm

MADV wrote:The one quick point (and I know it's taking something to extremes) but I'd like to point out that the ManU team tonight is a team that would play if ManU's top players were injured etc or badly lacking confidence.

If Van de saar, Evra, Ferdinand, O'Shea, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney, Owen, and Berbatov were all injured, then yes that team mights start, although nani might get a look in then I suppose.

MADV wrote:Is this as big a crisis as Liverpool losing to Fioreitna 2-0 at home with half the team missing

erm, no, and....

Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Champions League

Home Team Score Away Team Time
    Fiorentina 2 - 0 Liverpool R
    (HT 2 - 0)
    Jovetic 28
    Jovetic 37

25 Reina
    02 Johnson
    12 Aurelio
    22 Insua (Babel 72)
    23 Carragher
    37 Skrtel
    08 Gerrard
    15 Benayoun
    21 Lucas
    09 Torres
    18 Kuyt (Voronin 80)

Which half of your team was missing? (Besides Alonso, the other half of your two decent midfielders that u sold...)

MADV wrote:
    What do all the "It was only the kids playing" ManU fans think?

I thought we played well, except the 2 front players were out of their depth, and looked like two 18 year olds who have hardly played european football before....

They got a deflected goal, then defended well, we didn't take the few decent chances we created, and couldnt turn a good performance in to any really great sights of goal. wd them.

MADV wrote:PS:(Oh look, another 6 minutes Fergie time tonight!)
    You probably didn't see the game, but 7 minutes wouldn't of been too generous tbh. We could of had 6 minutes alone for the guy who broke his leg (or not) after macheda had nudged him in the back.

scratch scratch

I realise your team is in the shit, but pretending utd are aint gonna help you get top 4.... and you're really in the doodoo if you don't get in the CL next season...

liverpool 627217
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

Post  Overated Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:07 pm

lol at everyone saying united have qualified

i hope final weeks games end

wolfs 1-0 man u
    besik 0-3 cska

or if wolfs beat united by more then cska would have to score less. then its bye bye united. the scorelines above are very possible imo
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Overated wrote:lol at everyone saying united have qualified

i hope final weeks games end

wolfs 1-0 man u
    besik 0-3 cska

or if wolfs beat united by more then cska would have to score less. then its bye bye united. the scorelines above are very possible imo
    loool EPIC fail

I suppose your team aren't in the champions league anymore, s i can forgive you not knowing what you are talking about.

Just to help you out tho, from the BBC website...

"Teams level on points are separated by:

1) The results of games between the teams in the tie (if tied, by goal difference and then by away goals counting double).

2) Goal difference in all group games.

3) Highest number of goals scored in all games.

4) Highest Uefa ranking over the previous five seasons.
    "

Utd have beaten CSKA and drawn with them, so even if Utd lose to wolfsburg in the last game, and CSKA win 25-0, utd still finish second.

So you can probably stop laughing at everyone saying united have qualified, because, erm, theyre right Smile
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:30 pm

h new rules are bs then. ur team is full of wankers anyway. you wont win it
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:55 pm

Overated wrote:h new rules are bs then. ur team is full of wankers anyway. you wont win it

lol nice
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:31 am

Overated wrote:h new rules are bs then. ur team is full of wankers anyway. you wont win it

This may all be true... Smile
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:42 am

Thanks for your take on the matter and for explaining some of the points I'd ask for clarification about.

I was not trying to justify anything or get anyone into the top 4 through one of my posts (is that even possible? I wish it were).

I actually meant Lyon at home, my mistake, as the 2-0 to Fior was away. You're right though, as I've not looked into all the team sheets and didn't take into account all the facts. Thanks ever so much for clearing all the points up.

PS. the 6 mins fergie time wasn't a dig, as many games with this theory should go on for about 15 mins extra. It was merely an observation, that statistically (you'll like that) can not be denied. When Utd play, on average more extra time is played - a lot more. Mayhap your players get injured more - I've no idea. It can't have anything to do with the refs. That doesn't change anything for my team, I realise this, it was an observation.

I'm sorry my post was an Epic Fail or whatever the t'internet slang for unthoughtful stupid post is. I shall refrain. Have a great Christmas everyone, I'll be having mine without Sky sports.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:14 am

MADV wrote:Thanks for your take on the matter and for explaining some of the points I'd ask for clarification about.

I was not trying to justify anything or get anyone into the top 4 through one of my posts (is that even possible? I wish it were).

I actually meant Lyon at home, my mistake, as the 2-0 to Fior was away. You're right though, as I've not looked into all the team sheets and didn't take into account all the facts. Thanks ever so much for clearing all the points up.

PS. the 6 mins fergie time wasn't a dig, as many games with this theory should go on for about 15 mins extra. It was merely an observation, that statistically (you'll like that) can not be denied. When Utd play, on average more extra time is played - a lot more. Mayhap your players get injured more - I've no idea. It can't have anything to do with the refs. That doesn't change anything for my team, I realise this, it was an observation.

I'm sorry my post was an Epic Fail or whatever the t'internet slang for unthoughtful stupid post is. I shall refrain. Have a great Christmas everyone, I'll be having mine without Sky sports.

no worries m8, i was just in a banging on mood, utd having lost and all lol.

Your post wasn't an epic fail, in fact nowhere close, a few good points were made... yes all the calls for rafas head is ridiculous, he won you the champs league, youve done better under him than any manager in the last 25 years odd.

Overateds on the other hand was a hugely funny epic fail Smile

Oh and yeah, we do seem to get a lot mroe extra time than other teams... tho i have no stats on it whatsoever, so not sure, perhaps its just noticed more, as more utd games are on tv, and its highlighted so often?
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:38 pm

wildrick wrote:
    Oh and yeah, we do seem to get a lot mroe extra time than other teams... tho i have no stats on it whatsoever, so not sure, perhaps its just noticed more, as more utd games are on tv, and its highlighted so often?

This isn't exactly my point but...

* According to a study compiled by The Guardian, an extra one minute of injury-time has been played since the start of the 2006/07 campaign in matches at Old Trafford that United have not been winning compared to those they have been.

* Those figures in full: Average injury time played in the matches that United have been winning: 191.35 seconds. Average injury time played in the matches that United have not been winning: 257.17 seconds.

Another interesting article here with my brief research.

Injury time
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:15 pm

MADV wrote:
    wildrick wrote:

This isn't exactly my point but...

* According to a study compiled by The Guardian, an extra one minute of injury-time has been played since the start of the 2006/07 campaign in matches at Old Trafford that United have not been winning compared to those they have been.

* Those figures in full: Average injury time played in the matches that United have been winning: 191.35 seconds. Average injury time played in the matches that United have not been winning: 257.17 seconds.

Another interesting article here with my brief research.

Injury time

When Utd are winning they don't waste time with substitutions or faking injuries, they try and score more goals.

When Utd are losing, the other team realise that utd score a lot of late goals, and worry about their lead, wastes time with substitutions and faking injuries, etc, slowing the game down. The ref is supposed to add on time for this. And does. Hence more injury time.
    ruud
    ruud

SPS Chips : 66

Post  ruud Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Lol at this whole thread.

Tottenham and City have better squads than pool, and both have a better chance of making top 4. As liverpool have already proven this season, 2 good players doesn't make a team. tehy looked great when gerrard and torres were playing and raking up the goals, but they look worse than all the other top 8 teams without them.

On the brightside, there's always the europa league doh
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:42 pm

just noticed liverpool are 11 points clear of relegation... but 12 points behind the leaders... pool to finish closer to the bottom than the top? What a Face What a Face What a Face
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:54 pm

wildrick wrote:just noticed liverpool are 11 points clear of relegation... but 12 points behind the leaders... pool to finish closer to the bottom than the top? What a Face What a Face What a Face

We are on the mend Rick. Chelsea have the league won anyway, no mater if they lost today or not.

Once we beat united for the 4th time in a row in the league we will be a little bit closer to you : )
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

Post  the hoooders Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Overated wrote:
    wildrick wrote:just noticed liverpool are 11 points clear of relegation... but 12 points behind the leaders... pool to finish closer to the bottom than the top? What a Face What a Face What a Face

We are on the mend Rick. Chelsea have the league won anyway, no mater if they lost today or not.

Once we beat united for the 4th time in a row in the league we will be a little bit closer to you : )
    over beating manu does not win you titles thou m8 Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 am