SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

Live game at DTD

MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Live game at DTD Empty Live game at DTD

Post  MADV Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:39 am

I'd like to report on a live game Sharon and I played over the festive period. For a look at the brag, visit the brag section (I can't do links).

As for the game. It was £40 buy in with lots of people playing who'd dropped out of a big £100 game the had going all day (hence some value). Sharon and I got seated on the same table to begin with so had some fun and I didn't play a hand for 45 minutes. Now, if anyone knows me you'll understand what hands I was getting dealt. I'll play 47sooted if I get it!

Anyway, I was completely card dead the entire game except I'd say 3-4 hands (that's in 8 hours). The first hand I played, after 45 mins, was a reraise to 1000 (starting chips 8000) and 3 callers! The flop came 1062. Someone bvets out 1k, I reraise to 3k and all fold. I proudly show my 64 (os) and everyone gives me the fish look. I did tell them, several times before this, that I'd play any 2. For the next hour, bluff after bluff went through from all the rocks (if he can do it so can I) until someone's bluff ran into my JJ Smile I say bluff, but he did have 66, he just thought he'd double me with it.

Sharon was equally card dead and when the table split I had about 18k, she had about 8k.

The next table was uneventful for cards again but I managed to get myself to 40K without seeing a river card. My call of 2k with 78 sooted paid of well when the board came 1069. Here's the first question though. In this situation, with blinds at 400/800 ante about 100 and average chips at about 20k, with a 40k stack do you reraise this flop (3k bet) when it has two of one soot and 3 people in the pot, or do you check and see a turn? I min reraised and they all folded Sad.

After this I got my first real break when I got QQ all in against AK. A nice Q on the flop settled my fears and I was up to 100K ish (I think just over, I remember celebrating lol).

The next table and we're down to 13 left with 12 getting paid and the FT being 9. I get QQ and keep an eye on other table as we're playing hand for hand. They all fold so I raise to 30k (bb 5k + antes and sb making it a far pot) and BB thinks for 1 minute ish then bangs them all in. I have to call and he knows it as he has about 50k and he turns AJ. I ask him wtf? on the bubble and he says he thinks I'm bluffing. I turn QQ and the obvious J67 flop gives me know hope with the J on the turn!

So I'm down to 40K ish again. I steal a few pots with all sorts and make the FT sometime later with 80K ish. The average is now 150K ish.

We lose one early on the FT so now Sharon and I are rubbing our hands because we've made some decent cash (minimum £125 + £175). This is my next question. I'm on the button and all fold to two before me. He flat calls 12k BB. I then re-raise to 50K (I've only got 90K ish) and both the blinds (including Sharon in the BB) fold. The guy with 100K at the start now flat calls leaving himself 30K ish.

The flop comes down Qs10c6s.

I'll put the hands in a spoiler to give you all some room for answering the questions. I'll then do a follow up later on.

I go all in on the flop and he insta-calls. You'll know from the brag post that I went out here so the question is, what did I have, what does he have, and did I do anything wrong when you know what I have?
    Spoiler:

Thanks all, if you need any other info to help, let me know.

Other than this, Sharon went on to muff her way into 4th so not a bad evening, I just know it could have been so much better. It smacks of the Dream Team. Is it just varience and do I just have to play more?
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Live game at DTD Empty Re: Live game at DTD

Post  MADV Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:14 am

I know this is from quite a while back but does anyone have any views on this? I'd like to go back soon and I'm collecting up all the information I can. Very Happy

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:17 pm