SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

5 posters

WTF??

danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

WTF?? Empty WTF??

Post  danowski69 Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:14 am

can someone PLEASE tell me why this cok called my raise??

This is exactly why i left LADJOKES full of fking muppets who call any 2!!

Still a decent cash tho.

arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh scandi cocks!
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

WTF?? Empty Re: WTF??

Post  the hoooders Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:03 am

prob the same reason you called your stack for a gutshot with 78 off suit!!!!
    hide
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:13 am

i was out the door regardless, i had nothing to lose, and please dont try and wind me up, im not in the mood!
    FaQsaKe
    FaQsaKe

SPS Chips : 92

Post  FaQsaKe Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:35 am

Without knowing any history of hands played before this it's difficult to work out. Also knowing both your table images would help.

From what you have posted though..
    He has a good stack of chips there and 56 soooted could be a marginal hand for seeing flops with against a possible squeeze(which is what it looks like btw). The guy limping on the button just screams weakness so even though he will be out of position for the rest of the hand it isn't against a strong/aggresive player,at least not this hand anyway.

He caught an awfully lucky flop and you were doomed as soon as it landed, no getting away. Take your beat like a man and move on to the next game
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

Post  the hoooders Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:50 am

Danny2809 wrote:i was out the door regardless, i had nothing to lose, and please dont try and wind me up, im not in the mood!
    who windin you up?
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

Post  the hoooders Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:52 am

i dont think this is a beat tbh.a beat to me is a 2 or 3 outer,this is more unlucky than a beat!!! Wink
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:54 am

Ill not replay to your last part as your new to the forum!
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:04 am

Unless its hiding somewhere, we dont have a "unlucky" section!
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:31 am

I agree with hoooders m8. This is just unlucky but the guy had a huge stack and has to think the button will follow on and call your raise also which gives him great pot odds with suited connectors.

Think it's a bit harsh to call him a muppet as it's not a bad play in the slightest by him. I would do the same with his stack and I would be surprised if Rick or any of the other guys that have played the games for a long time would've done any different.

All part of the learning process Danny m8. Don't be expecting anything different on final tables on other sites either. If you are hoping for that sort of play to change or stop then you may find yourself skipping from site to site for the rest of you life!

Nice cash though m8 well played.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:15 am

the only reason for a change of site m8 was...as ive found, there isnt as many fish on pkr, and the cards stand up alot more. not mugs calling on one outter and hitting for their life deep into a game.

yes he did right to call, looking back.. but as i said to hoody, we dont have a "unlucky" section, so unless i dont post, and this place dies on its arse seen as no one is on anymore, then we wont have anything for u experienced muffers to comment on or moan about.

pkr is the place ill be most now, however as im still dying to crack 2 specific games on laddies, ill keep popping back from time to time.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:34 am

Danny2809 wrote:the only reason for a change of site m8 was...as ive found, there isnt as many fish on pkr, and the cards stand up alot more. not mugs calling on one outter and hitting for their life deep into a game.

yes he did right to call, looking back.. but as i said to hoody, we dont have a "unlucky" section, so unless i dont post, and this place dies on its arse seen as no one is on anymore, then we wont have anything for u experienced muffers to comment on or moan about.

pkr is the place ill be most now, however as im still dying to crack 2 specific games on laddies, ill keep popping back from time to time.

I'm pleased you are enjoying playing on pkr m8 and I hope it's a good site for you.

Putting my "experienced muffer" hat on for a sec, I've found that the only thing which makes sites different from each other tends to be the types of promotions and tournaments that they put on. The general standard of play doesn't change a whole lot from site to site.

The only time I have found this NOT to be the case was many years ago on Ladbrokes in the MTT's. It was a small close knit site and the standard of play at that time in MTT's was generally quite high.

With the rate of growth in poker online now and the sheer quantity of players on ALL internet sites I don't think that particular scenario will be found again.

Good luck at the tables m8. Wink
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:21 am

amybe im right or worng i dunno, but the standard of play seems better, its as if they respect the fact its real money to buy in and its not low stakes, unlike laddies where they constantly say.."oh its on £2 or £5" and they will call any 2...and 80% of the time lose, but thats not the point...on pkr they wont sling the chips in for a prayer...unless its a rebuy which i understand.

ty for the gl wishes dude...and u know what i mean by muffer lol i respect u ken u know dis :-)
    redbulldac
    redbulldac

SPS Chips : 333

Post  redbulldac Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:54 am

khenny wrote:
    Danny2809 wrote:the only reason for a change of site m8 was...as ive found, there isnt as many fish on pkr, and the cards stand up alot more. not mugs calling on one outter and hitting for their life deep into a game.

I'm pleased you are enjoying playing on pkr m8 and I hope it's a good site for you.

Putting my "experienced muffer" hat on for a sec, I've found that the only thing which makes sites different from each other tends to be the types of promotions and tournaments that they put on. The general standard of play doesn't change a whole lot from site to site.

The only time I have found this NOT to be the case was many years ago on Ladbrokes in the MTT's. It was a small close knit site and the standard of play at that time in MTT's was generally quite high.

With the rate of growth in poker online now and the sheer quantity of players on ALL internet sites I don't think that particular scenario will be found again.

Good luck at the tables m8. Wink
    im afraid i have to agree with kenny on this 1 doesnt matter wot site your on there always going to be a fish swimming around shark you just have to be the one behind them lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:35 am