SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+3
Evo397bhp
GlasgowAlex
wildrick
7 posters

30k gtd microgaming

wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

30k gtd microgaming Empty 30k gtd microgaming

Post  wildrick Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:21 am

Ok, 50 euro rebuy, with half price rebuys and addon, around 300 runners, 30k gtd.

45 left, avg stack is about 28k, 30 paid, im sitting 30/45 with about 20k, blinds 400/800.

My table is fairly tight, apart from a couple of loose agros.

QJ soooooted clubs in mid pos, folds to me, and both agro loose players have folded.

I open for 2.1k.

Folds to sb, who has been fairly tight, and he min reraises for another 1300.

I call, with 2 things in mind - I have position, and I'm 99% sure he has KK or AA.

Flop comes down QJ10 2 hearts.

He bets 3/4 pot - about 5k.

So... I like my raise pre - folded to me in mid pos i see no issues with opening QJs on a tight table close to the cash.

Calling his min reraise seems obvious - I'm pretty sure where he's at hand wise, I've got a nice sooted chimping hand, its cheap, and great pot odds.

So the question is.... what to do now! Smile

Edit: he convers me but not by a lot, its pretty much his tourn if he's all in and loses.

Last edited by wildrick on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    GlasgowAlex
    GlasgowAlex

SPS Chips : 467
    Favourite hand : Gladly shove all my chips in with AA

30k gtd microgaming Empty Re: 30k gtd microgaming

Post  GlasgowAlex Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:14 am

All-in sounds good to me, Win the pot now.
    Make him fold or pay to see the turn and river.
    The standard Ace or King is due to appear on the board giving him a straight or trips.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:39 am

depends on what the SB stack is after his 5k bet ?

Can he fold AA /KK ? as i'd not want him to walk from this hand

If ya think he will fold to your over shove and ya sure he's AA / KK the 2 suite does not matter at this stage against you only card that will hurt you on the turn is a T as A or K brings A str for you. MONSTER hand mate N1

This in Mind i'm just flat calling, if turn dead and he chk's i'm making a small drw looking lead Very Happy
    redbulldac
    redbulldac

SPS Chips : 333

Post  redbulldac Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:36 am

dont know what site you on but i usually only play laddies and in all honesty if i get 2 pair on there i start crying never holds if you sure he has that hand he prob will end up with full house or four of a kind but live i would be trying to milk him and if he got more chips than you getting near mon panick Laughing
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:55 am

redbulldac wrote:dont know what site you on but i usually only play laddies and in all honesty if i get 2 pair on there i start crying never holds if you sure he has that hand he prob will end up with full house or four of a kind but live i would be trying to milk him and if he got more chips than you getting near mon panick Laughing

depends on the 2 pair mate ;-) in this case the 2 pair is monster v AA/KK range, while the T brings a bigger 2 pair, which if I had the read of AA/KK, i more than likely walk if the T did indeed turn, and why the flat call works well here, he at this point is shooting for a 3 outer Very Happy sweet
    redbulldac
    redbulldac

SPS Chips : 333

Post  redbulldac Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:02 am

yes m8 i agree with you entirley but my faith on internet poker makes me question any logical thinking so i always try go with the negative side so it dont feel to bad when proved right 9 times out o 10 that hand of rics would be a buster and it is microgaming after all
    danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

Post  danowski69 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:11 am

Any consideration for QQ or JJ?

Could lead out with trips, however the following cards can soon change that.

So what did he have?
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:26 am

danowski69 wrote:Any consideration for QQ or JJ?

Could lead out with trips, however the following cards can soon change that.

So what did he have?

QQ a slight pos but less likely as would have all out, JJ not if your stating the read is AA/KK to play JJ in this fashion would be a read very wide of the mark.

Know what ya mean about the online drws mate, but even in Micrograbings case, beats online vs. live, are due to hand quantity per Hr, and at this stage of game, one would hope the TWATARD element has passed on there chips already.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:29 am

If you feel u have a read on a guy, do u go with that read all the way through the hand or do you change accordingly?

I see the JJ is less likely but QQ not too far off in my eyes, but im not that good on reads :-(
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:32 am

danowski69 wrote:If you feel u have a read on a guy, do u go with that read all the way through the hand or do you change accordingly?

I see the JJ is less likely but QQ not too far off in my eyes, but im not that good on reads :-(

Depends on the guy, how many hands seen, but in this case due to my hand, I'd hold my read and as flatting the flop bet could always re-evaluate on turn action
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:33 am

Wise words from a wise man.

Cheers for the advice mate :-)
    hopelesglory
    hopelesglory

SPS Chips : 140

Post  hopelesglory Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:24 pm

flat call all day long

you have position and a very good read on him, so you can wait until the turn to shove and lower your chances of getting mugged (hes going to be shoving KK or AA on the turn regardless anyway)

As long as the turn is not a nine, ten king or ace you can call/shove..and if the turn does bring a nine ten king or ace then fold according

9 on the turn might be tricky (still beating aa)
    SOX
    SOX
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 17
    Favourite hand : 108 clubs

Post  SOX Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:34 am

ye i peel a turn..and re evaluate then...if a rag comes off,i not folding to a shove on turn me dont thinks.....but gazza is my mentor,wtf do i know

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:12 am