SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+3
Overated
dicie180
KinKerbells
7 posters

when is it time to leave?

KinKerbells
    KinKerbells

SPS Chips : 48

when is it time to leave? Empty when is it time to leave?

Post  KinKerbells Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:36 am

good evening,i got a question for cash players........ i was wondering when you play cash and your up a conciderable ammount do u get up and leave or carry on playing to try and make your profit even bigger and especially the player that your taken most the money off is still sat down and keeps realoading.the problem i have is that when playing cash(omaha 99.9% of the time) i only sit with a very small amount to start off with the trouble is a usually make a hugeeee profit within about a hr of play but i never leave especially if i know the players sat and can get more money of them and yesssss as u might guess what happens nxt i normally loose all my money and end reloading myself and yes as u guessed it its usalyy the muppet that i took all his money off him earlier.whyyyyyyyyyyyy does this happen,i do it every time Sad .so i'm asking for your help and advice as i end up spending all my money and not bein able to play any thing.i know the answer seems pretty easy but if u play cah yourself you'll understand the buzz of winning a conciderable profit.thank you for taking time to read my post.
    gl at the tables. ❤
    dicie180
    dicie180

SPS Chips : -7

when is it time to leave? Empty Re: when is it time to leave?

Post  dicie180 Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:51 am

In cash games, i shud leave b4 i sit down.......
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

Post  Overated Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:24 pm

if you ever have more than %5 of your whole roll on the table

let the table know it's your last few rounds, don't even look at your cards and then leave
    MrFoLdEm123
    MrFoLdEm123

SPS Chips : 4

Post  MrFoLdEm123 Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Overated wrote:if you ever have more than 5% of your whole (buy in) roll on the table

let the table know it's your last few rounds, don't even look at your cards and then leave

Which is sound advice, however is the table still easy ti win keep playing, but get ready to leave when it loses its profit gaining study
    JPK
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 3

Post  JPK Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:33 am

you should leave whenever you are "afraid" to lose what you have in front of you IMO as it leaves you open to bluffs, bad bet sizing, not taking enough control of situations etc

but ofc it's a very open ended question.. I'll only leave if I'm tired, it's a rock garden, both.. if it's a juicy game I play 'til I drop..
    phinnies1
    phinnies1
    Admin

SPS Chips : 121

Post  phinnies1 Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:11 pm

I have to say I dont really buy into short stacking, never have done, I think you lose a huge amount of equity, however I can understand why people do it.

For me the answer to this is a simple one, if you are going to short stack the best thing you can do is aim to play short sharp sessions, you are often playing with opposition who have a much higher roll than you (if you have the big roll at your given level it begs the question why are you short stacking) and they can happily wait to bust you and invitably they will. There are plenty of tables up for grabs so when you reach your target (maybe double or treble your sit down) then leave, bank it and sit elsewhere with the short stack. You cannot mix, start with the short stackers game plan and then when you get deeper change your strategy to long range theory.
    If you hand a juicy table and have to stay then simply set yourself a drop limit (eg, sit with $100 and get it up to $350, set the drop limit of your original buyin so as soon as you hit $250 you leave, keep that drop limit rolling so if you then get to $500 your exit level is $400)
    Good luck
    stowjon

SPS Chips : 0

Post  stowjon Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:20 pm

i always give myself a time limit or a round limt
    e.g if im playing at a 9 seater i will mormally annouce that i will play for 10 rounds or an hour or whatever i feel like
    KinKerbells
    KinKerbells

SPS Chips : 48

Post  KinKerbells Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:46 am

ok well good and thank you all for taking time out to read my post and especially answer it. I would just like to add i am not ahigh roller player,i play for fun not profit but if i do make profit its a bonus.i was just asking the question as i was peeed off with making a big profit then loosing it all so quickly. as much as i would love the oppertunty to give up my job and become a professional poker player this is never gonna happen so for now i just play small stakes and sit with a small stake as this is all i can sfford. Sad any way thank you all and good luck at the tables.
    becky
    xxxx
    ❤

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:08 am