SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

3 posters

What a last 2 day I have had!!!

Dish77

SPS Chips : 65

What a last 2 day I have had!!! Empty What a last 2 day I have had!!!

Post  Dish77 Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Evening all

Thought I'd give the cash tables a go the last 3 weeks, only playing 0.50-1.00 euro 6 seater tables, trying to nick 100 quid a day, made over a grand the first 2 weeks and was already 500 up to tuesday this week but the beats i've had the last 2 days are getting to me...

Three times I have hit set and someone has hit higher set, aces busted by kings twice when all money goes in pre, flopped str8 only for someone to flop nut str8, all these pots 200 euros at least!!!

Do these runs happen to all and should I have a break for day or 2 to get this out my system?

Thoughts please

Dish
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

What a last 2 day I have had!!! Empty Re: What a last 2 day I have had!!!

Post  wildrick Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:11 pm

woof ul m8, least u had a nice run first lol.

and yes these runs are just standard, the most important thing is to not let it affect your game, as hard as this can be. if you need a few days off to help you do that, then dont hesitate to do it. the game will always be there tomorrow What a Face
    Dish77

SPS Chips : 65

What a last 2 day I have had!!! Empty Guess the cards...

Post  Dish77 Fri May 01, 2009 2:59 am

Right, following on from my first mail, thought I'd have a quick go on cash this morning...

(.50-1.00 euro 6 seater) I get dealt rockets in the bb, player utg min raises so I pop it up 7 euros, he goes all in with his 70 euros and I instant call obviously - flop J 7 6, turn 10, river 8...

Can anyone guess his cards.. I know, its a toughie!!!

Anyway, on the brightside, I didnt lose the usual 200 euro pot WOOHOO!!!

x
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Fri May 01, 2009 3:53 am

gonna stick my neck out and say 99.... it'll obv be 88 now of course lol.

Cash is a fickle beast at the best of times, and I'm more of a tournament grinder, but one bit of advice i recieved years ago stands out...

Say youre playing 2-4 tables of 50/1 every day for 4-5 hours. When youre going through a bad run, and youre trying to minimise losses a lot of players tend to play the same 2-4 tables, but just get off sooner if they start losing.

This is actually counter productive - the longer you stay on a table the better you know the players, and with cash this is vital. So rather than dipping in and out, and getting off when you start losing a few sits, cut right back to 1-2 tables and play the same length sessions.

Obviously this advice is fairly useless if youre only playing 1 table Embarassed

Anyways, gl m8, i'm sure a few cash players will be up soon to give you their advice Smile
    phinnies1
    phinnies1
    Admin

SPS Chips : 121

Post  phinnies1 Thu May 21, 2009 3:39 pm

These runs are standard, you say you are trying to nick 100 a day so it is absolutely imperative you also set a loss limit. You cannot win 100 a day and then lose 500 in 1 day, its madness.
    Make sure you set a low loss limit so you can minimise your losses when you are running bad.

I would set stop limits of +300 / -200 at these levels, but if you are happy to keep it lower then make it 150/100

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:24 pm