SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+7
CARNIVORE04
Overated
khenny
Bubster
fluffb
wildrick
Bainn
11 posters

DTD R.O.E

wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

DTD R.O.E - Page 3 Empty Re: DTD R.O.E

Post  wildrick Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:03 am

Bainn wrote:
    Ah, you misunderstood me, I was not correcting your post Squire but merely making a statement. Wink

lol, this is confusing! I didn't misunderstand, I just thought you did...the "with a" not "who" was referring to the fact that I wasn't saying people should stop correcting people who post things with errors in, just that they shouldn't do it by posting something with errors in themselves Smile

Bainn wrote:
    Send me a PM with your address and I shall post you one A.S.A.I.G.M.A.T.B.K.

lol!
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

Post  Bainn Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:09 am

wildrick wrote:
    Bainn wrote:
    Ah, you misunderstood me, I was not correcting your post Squire but merely making a statement. Wink

lol, this is confusing! I didn't misunderstand, I just thought you did...the "with a" not "who" was referring to the fact that I wasn't saying people should stop correcting people who post things with errors in, just that they shouldn't do it by posting something with errors in themselves Smile

Bainn wrote:
    Send me a PM with your address and I shall post you one A.S.A.I.G.M.A.T.B.K.

lol!

Now, to be fair, I am getting a little confused too.

The word highlighted in bold was actually in your own comment, so you corrected yourself ? ?
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:14 am

lmao

I wasn't correcting anyone's post lol.

I just highlighted those words in my post because you posted "Nonsense, people can only learn from their mistakes if those errors are made clear to them." - From this I assumed you thought I meant that people shouldnt correct other peoples mistakes - Which I didn't, just that they shouldn't make mistakes themselves when doing so. The "with a" was supposed to make that clear lol.

LOL ques
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:22 am

wildrick wrote:lmao

I wasn't correcting anyone's post lol.

I just highlighted those words in my post because you posted "Nonsense, people can only learn from their mistakes if those errors are made clear to them." - From this I assumed you thought I meant that people shouldnt correct other peoples mistakes - Which I didn't, just that they shouldn't make mistakes themselves when doing so. The "with a" was supposed to make that clear lol.

LOL ques

Ah, so you agree that people should correct their own posts aided by the caring forumites highlighting the errors they see ?

Ooopps, forgot -

sarcy
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:31 am

I don't see why a post pointing out (the very definition of correctness would need an entire different forum; this isn't it, I post there also) things I wouldn't use in my style, or are not those taught at school, would necessarily have to be correct.

As I said, I'm not perfect. If I was, why would I bother taking part in any discussions? I would have (I've finally got the hang of this of/have thing now) found it much more useful had you told me the mistakes I'd made, not simply hinted and left me to figure it out myself. Do you know how hard it is to proof-read your own work? My brain fills in what it thinks should be there, not what actually is there - trust me, after rewriting my thesis 24 times I've come to learn that only others can identify my short-comings.

Anyway, I don't want to upset anyone on this forum so I'll persist from any postings on grammar; I've been kicked and punched too many times to keep getting back up.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:29 am

lol m8, post on grammar all you like Smile this thread has got a little out of hand lol.

PS I couldn't point out the mistakes, as then I would have to proofread my own post so as not to be doing the same lmao.
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:43 am

We have a solution, my girlfriend has volunteered her proof reading skills to the forum.

Maybe a new "Approved" emoticon can be created ?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:05 am