SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+2
khenny
MADV
6 posters

Hilo games

MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Hilo games Empty Hilo games

Post  MADV Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:14 am

I may have missed this somewhere on the forum but can't find it through the search fascility but...

Would it be possible to collect together all the different hilo games available at different levels or even people's preferences so that we know we're all getting some good value games and know where they all are?
    MADV
    MADV

Hilo games Empty Re: Hilo games

Post  MADV Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:15 am

Also, does anyone (and yes I know Davy still wins it regularly) believe that the Ladies hilo $10 rebuy is still worth it? I think it contains some of the best hilo players (at that level) I know and (now I've stopped the pi5sing contests) I believe it no longer holds any value.

Opinions? confused
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:28 am

Only played it a couple of time m8 since I started back but it is a good MTT at that level and is an enjoyable game.

Both times I went out btw I was all in pre flop with AA34 & AA23. The last one was double suited. ques
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:32 am

Well, as you say it contains A LOT of good players, considering the buy in, compared to other sites.

It does still contain a decent amount of numpties, so theres still a bit of value, particularly if you get a few of these on your table Smile

Also, and this is vital... YOU know who the good players are, and who the numpties are. This is v important info, and not something you'll know on other sites str8 away.

Id say it was worth you playing the ipoker $2.5k gtd $10 rebuy at 20:15 tho, which usually has a much higher ratio of numpties to good players... but expect a few badbeats as everyone piles in with 3rd draw/4th draw Smile
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:59 am

wildrick wrote:Well, as you say it contains A LOT of good players, considering the buy in, compared to other sites.

It does still contain a decent amount of numpties, so theres still a bit of value, particularly if you get a few of these on your table Smile

Also, and this is vital... YOU know who the good players are, and who the numpties are. This is v important info, and not something you'll know on other sites str8 away.

Id say it was worth you playing the ipoker $2.5k gtd $10 rebuy at 20:15 tho, which usually has a much higher ratio of numpties to good players... but expect a few badbeats as everyone piles in with 3rd draw/4th draw Smile

Thanks for the reply, Rick. Is this the one on Grandslam? I play the hilo game there at 8.15. It's not a bad game at all and Sharon and I have amassed a small bankroll from this game.

I take all your points about the Ladbrokes game but really do find I just can't beat the game regularly enough now to make it worth my while. Oh, and it starts too darn early as well. Mayhap I'm not good enough for this game now, I'm not sure?
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:01 am

khenny wrote:Only played it a couple of time m8 since I started back but it is a good MTT at that level and is an enjoyable game.

Both times I went out btw I was all in pre flop with AA34 & AA23. The last one was double suited. ques

I've gone out of Hilo too many times with absolute monsters pre-flop to know it's a post-flop game.

As for the enjoyment, that's the only reason I'd still play it now any points system has been removed.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:15 am

I agree m8 it is definitely a post flop game but when yer gettin raised and re-raised from every angle this is the kind of hand you can't get away from.

I must admit to missing the leaderboard as well in it's former life. But the way it is just now means there's no point in going hell for leather on every MTT with over 30 runners.

It also means Rick can grab some shut-eye.

Sleep
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

Post  Bainn Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:25 am

Must get back to playing Omaha this weekend...
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:49 am

MADV wrote:
    wildrick wrote:Well, as you say it contains A LOT of good players, considering the buy in, compared to other sites.

Thanks for the reply, Rick. Is this the one on Grandslam? I play the hilo game there at 8.15. It's not a bad game at all and Sharon and I have amassed a small bankroll from this game.

I take all your points about the Ladbrokes game but really do find I just can't beat the game regularly enough now to make it worth my while. Oh, and it starts too darn early as well. Mayhap I'm not good enough for this game now, I'm not sure?

yup thats the one, GS is on ipoker.

There's a game full of really bad hilo players on ongame network (bet24, betsafe, bwin, betsson) at 19.35 - they don't do many hilo games, so not many good players on that network. Only a $5 frz with 1500 chips tho, but it is gtd at 140 runners.

Mbe you're just a bit rusty on the laddies hilo game - in terms of knowing who the muppets are? But if you go into it thinking you're not going to win it, then you know full well you won't do as well as you could/should.
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:56 am

Prophetic words of wisdom.
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Thanks for the replies, chaps.

I shall give the one on "ongame" a go. I've got a BWIN sports account with £300 in (I was an arb hunter for a while - this was my profit from a £50 deposit) that they've never let me withdraw from as they want my DNA to release the funds!

Surely they'll transfer it to a poker account. Hmm. :cyclops:
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:26 pm

n1n1 gl Smile Its obv not as much fun, since its a frz out, but much less expensive lol.

whats your GS alias, and Bwin alias?
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:29 pm

There is another Hilo game on ongame over $5, but its at 00:45, not sure if thats any good to you, the working man Smile $10 frz, normally gets 20-40 runners.

EDIT: 51 runners tonight, not a bad little tourn if youre up late Smile

also forgot to mention that for some reason all ongame omaha and hilo tourns are 8 seated. Not entirely sure why.

Last edited by wildrick on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:08 am

wildrick wrote:There is another Hilo game on ongame over $5, but its at 00:45, not sure if thats any good to you, the working man Smile [...]

I'm well tucked up in bed before this. The stars one at 22:00 is probably the biggest value and best game on the net at the moment, what with it being a $22 f/o with many runners. My problem, it finishes at 03:00. The only time I consider playing it is when the clocks change "the right way".

Davy seems to be doing OK on PartyPoker as well but they're after blood also to allow me to continue playing.

GS alias is Madmuffer. Bwin I've yet to choose.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:11 am

MADV wrote:
    wildrick wrote:There is another Hilo game on ongame over $5, but its at 00:45, not sure if thats any good to you, the working man Smile [...]

I'm well tucked up in bed before this. The stars one at 22:00 is probably the biggest value and best game on the net at the moment, what with it being a $22 f/o with many runners. My problem, it finishes at 03:00. The only time I consider playing it is when the clocks change "the right way".

Davy seems to be doing OK on PartyPoker as well but they're after blood also to allow me to continue playing.

GS alias is Madmuffer. Bwin I've yet to choose.

was just about to post the stars $22 16:30 game, also the $16.50 6max at 11:10 am another f/0 and good value and about 70% soft field.

Laddies game offers little value IMO since they changed to €, as the old game being $10 to a gtd of $1500 and now €10 to a gtd €1000 ? who they trying to kid !!!

Last edited by Evo397bhp on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:12 am

Some people actually go to bed before 1am ? ?

Strange.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:13 am

Think it's actually a gtee of only 750 evo!
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:15 am

khenny wrote:Think it's actually a gtee of only 750 evo!

even bloody worse !!

and they will keep shrinking it as less people play no doubt, laddies logic classic !
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:24 am

To be fair they have a reasonable MTT schedule at present but the hi/lo game is definitely needing beefed up m8.

Hope they do something about it. I would like to see it along the lines of the Omaha game at 5.30 which is a 2nd chance plus MTT and allows a little more scope for reasonable play, although I have seen mega all in fests on that particular one at times.

Think they could maybe bring the buy in down to 7.50 euro and initially drop the gtee to 500 the same as the omaha and see if it picks up. Personally I think the 10 euro buy in (admittedly not massive) puts off people who simply don't know how to play the game.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:32 am

khenny wrote:To be fair they have a reasonable MTT schedule at present but the hi/lo game is definitely needing beefed up m8.

Hope they do something about it. I would like to see it along the lines of the Omaha game at 5.30 which is a 2nd chance plus MTT and allows a little more scope for reasonable play, although I have seen mega all in fests on that particular one at times.

Think they could maybe bring the buy in down to 7.50 euro and initially drop the gtee to 500 the same as the omaha and see if it picks up. Personally I think the 10 euro buy in (admittedly not massive) puts off people who simply don't know how to play the game.

kinda agree with you in the fact it needs amending and the PLO 2nd chance idea is a good one, although i'd keep it as that a 2nd chance and not a 2nd chance + , so be no add-on in the break, I would however keep it at €10 but go the other way and raise the GTD to €1500.
    you have to speculate to accumulate which laddies seems to have forgot.

HiLo never gets the big fields (which is good Very Happy )but lowering the buy-in is a mistake in my mind as it's the mid stake games that are thin on the ground $20 - $50 range which is a shame,
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:42 pm

Unfortunately, along with going to bed before 1am, I have to work. This means that I'm unable to play between 6am and 6pm due to work, 6pm to 9pm due to visiting my dad in hospital and stuff (having tea etc.) and 1am till 6am because I'm sleeping.

The 8.15s suit me because I enter them and sit out the first 45. Other than this, games around 9pm would be good but I realise they're few and far between.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:18 am

So if you don't have one that finishes before 1am but started after 9pm yer stuffed?

Kinda cuts yer options down a tad m8.

You play a bit more at the weekend?
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:36 am

khenny wrote:So if you don't have one that finishes before 1am but started after 9pm yer stuffed?

Kinda cuts yer options down a tad m8.

You play a bit more at the weekend?

In deed it does, Khenny. Those really are my options to still have a life. It dramatically changed when I left my previous partner and got with my new one. Although the new one loves poker far more than my ex (who hated it) we play a lot less because we spend as much time together as possible being nice to each other LOL. Poker makes me mad when things go wrong and it's not great to be conducting a relationship with that going on. I also need my sleep to function properly on a day-to-day basis.

Those are my reasons, I think. As for weekends - no, not really. One weekend we spend it with the kids, the other we spend it together doing couple stuff Smile
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:41 am

I never met you at all Vad but from talking to you a fair bit on Laddies etc I'm guessing this has been about a complete 180 for you m8.

However it seems that it's a 180 you are completely happy with so good for you m8.

I struggle to play a lot at weekends too as I am in the same boat as you m8. I have a partner I enjoy spending time with and although she is supportive of the poker side of things she doesn't get the game so we can't really share that so to speak.
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:27 am

It definately has its advantages. Take this coming weekend; it's Sharon's birthday and we're going to the Dream Team live final and celbrating there. Bonus!

I don't have to beg to go on events like these and Sharon's more than willing to, for example, go to Vegas when we get some cash together.

You're right, Khenny. It (although the relationship was dying already) put a nail in my previous. Although Sharon likes and would play on a regular basis, I can't control my temper (vocal I hasten to add!) and it ruins an otherwise loving night together (even if it is on the phone - another story).

Best of luck with it all, Khenny.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:02 am