SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

4 posters

Once again, the donk prevails!

danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

Once again, the donk prevails! Empty Once again, the donk prevails!

Post  danowski69 Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:58 am

1ST RANT OF THE DAY!

im sat on aq suited, flop 4qq, guy goes all in, i call, he's sat on KK, hits king on river!!

where in the world did he think he was infront with that flop? and thanks to laddies, i get stitched up again!

how do u take this crap day in day out? i know i played that hand right, but its bad beat after bad beat for me!
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Once again, the donk prevails! Empty Re: Once again, the donk prevails!

Post  Evo397bhp Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:03 am

well sorry but the KK shove is standard on that texture board, quite simple logic of the amount of hands you hold with a Q v the amount of hands you hold with NO Q.

But without posting the whole hand and pre flop action, pos, buy-in cost and player stacks to be honest it just looks like you caught a lucky flop and had it taken away with luck.

ul
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:48 am

Sorry Danny but I agree with evo on this one m8. The shove with KK may seem a bit rash but if the board showed a flush draw it's not a bad play to try and take away pot odds with a shove. Also it's tough for him to believe you flopped trips which I think is around a 2% chance.

Also by shoving it may seem desperate enough (as if he were holding AK) to get a call from someone holding a lower pocket pair.

Unlucky dude but another thing here is that his chips were in the middle first and although he lucked out in the end he did have a fair starting hand to begin with.

What was his initial pre flop raise? Did he have enough left stack wise to consider himself to be pot committed?

Tough to give thoughts on this without all the info m8.

Gl for the rest of the day though.
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

Post  Bainn Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:24 am

Maybe time for a "Vent my spleen" section ? ? ?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:34 am