SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

5 posters

Should i even have entered the pot ?

CARNIVORE04
    CARNIVORE04

SPS Chips : 1377

Should i even have entered the pot ? Empty Should i even have entered the pot ?

Post  CARNIVORE04 Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:49 am

Now i am no expert in omaha as we all know but what i do know is that we need to see flops in this game so thats the question should i just have folded pre and waited for better spots?

Briefly, didudidu is the table maniac raising and reraising every oportunity whereas PhisharK has just sat down. Now i like PhisharK's hand and i bet he did too ! Is his play right and mine wrong or mine right and just unlucky?

PhisharK sitting in seat 1 with €73.70
    FYIIMLOL sitting in seat 3 with €81.67
    didudidu sitting in seat 4 with €61.64[Dealer]
    Carnivore04 sitting in seat 5 with €64.58
    Nightmare_3D sitting in seat 6 with €50.00
    Carnivore04 posted the small blind - €0.25
    Nightmare_3D posted the big blind - €0.50

** Dealing cards to Carnivore04: 10c, 10s, Ac, Ad
    PhisharK raised to €1.75
    FYIIMLOL called - €1.75
    didudidu raised to €7.75
    Carnivore04 raised to €27.25
    Nightmare_3D folded
    PhisharK raised to €46.75
    FYIIMLOL folded
    didudidu folded
    Carnivore04 went all-in - €37.33
    PhisharK called - €64.58

** Dealing the flop: 4c, 9s, Qd

** Dealing the turn: 7h

** Dealing the river: 8h
    Carnivore04 shows: 10c, 10s, Ac, Ad
    PhisharK shows: 9h, 8c, 7c, 10d
    PhisharK wins €136.16 from the main pot
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Should i even have entered the pot ? Empty Re: Should i even have entered the pot ?

Post  wildrick Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:08 am

imo you played it fine, reraising the maniac with AA1010 is a great plan.

Phi makes a very bad loose shove - although his hand looks pretty it's never in good shape in an all-in pre flop situation, youre never committing yourself with something that its beating. His shove is akin to shoving 22 or J10 in holdem in this spot - he's never ahead, and often way behind.

you were nearly 70% to win here, and just got ul. Next!
    LANGERS

SPS Chips : 122

Should i even have entered the pot ? Empty Re: Should i even have entered the pot ?

Post  LANGERS Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:52 am

for me,Omaha and Omaha hilo are very much post flop games.However,when faced with this exact scenario,knowing you are ahead,it's nigh on impossible to fold and i dont think you did anything wrong!

for me however,playing omaha only day in day out,i hate these scenarios,as you are never more than a very marginal fave and often the flops when going all in will result in scenarios like this!
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

Post  Bainn Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:24 am

Always raising here.

Your oppo with the rundown obviously read a book, ie it's a good hand against obvious Aces but forgot the bit about calling with position.
    CARNIVORE04
    CARNIVORE04

SPS Chips : 1377

Post  CARNIVORE04 Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:28 pm

wildrick wrote:imo you played it fine, reraising the maniac with AA1010 is a great plan.

Phi makes a very bad loose shove - although his hand looks pretty it's never in good shape in an all-in pre flop situation, youre never committing yourself with something that its beating. His shove is akin to shoving 22 or J10 in holdem in this spot - he's never ahead, and often way behind.

you were nearly 70% to win here, and just got ul. Next!

Is it really as simple as that ?

I could show ya about 10-20 hands i have played similar and lost the vast majority of them which is why i initially posted the latest one.

I omitted to inform ya that didudidu timebanked for a considerable time before folding. In light of that i think he also had high holdings and Phishark has worked that out and made the call on that basis.

In his position would you make the call if you knew this?
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:28 pm

In tournaments mbe its a different matter, but in cash im happy taking 70% stack flips all day.

And no i would never put 2/3 of my stack in pre with a middle run in omaha, particularly with only a few bbs invested in pot. Even if one guy has folded an A and 3 other cards higher than the 10, my dodgy run is in no shape whatsoever. The fact that its 10 high makes it worse - if you have 4 cards over 10 with a pair, a lot of his str8s and 2 pairs are still losing hands. 3456 is actually in better shape.

Note that in hilo i wouldnt be so quick getting my chips in without a 2 or 3 with my AA.
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:23 am

wildrick wrote:In tournaments mbe its a different matter, but in cash im happy taking 70% stack flips all day.

And no i would never put 2/3 of my stack in pre with a middle run in omaha, particularly with only a few bbs invested in pot. Even if one guy has folded an A and 3 other cards higher than the 10, my dodgy run is in no shape whatsoever. The fact that its 10 high makes it worse - if you have 4 cards over 10 with a pair, a lot of his str8s and 2 pairs are still losing hands. 3456 is actually in better shape.

Note that in hilo i wouldnt be so quick getting my chips in without a 2 or 3 with my AA.

+1

Is it a real struggle for many (I'm not trying to offend in any way here) to see that they want to get their money in ahead this good? There're certain scenarios where you'd fold (think critical cash jumps in a WSOP event or satellite etC) but In a chitty little online game, which I'm sure this is, what more do you want?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:20 am