SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

Live beat

MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Live beat Empty Live beat

Post  MADV Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:04 am

Just thought I'd share this one with you all to feel my pain.

I've played Live twice this year. The first time my KK gets done by AQ on the FT with many a thousand up for grabs, see the Dream Team thread, then this:

Spoiler used incase you read this before my report in the reports section - please read that first.

Spoiler:

Last edited by MADV on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Live beat Empty Re: Live beat

Post  MADV Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:05 am

Just to add to this conversation, and the whole conversation about poker really,

Take a look at this (sorry for linking elsewhere it's just a typical example):

The Don wins

I see stuff like this all the time where someone basically gets a load of praise and money when they run like an absolute god, muff their way through all sorts of hands into all sorts and take down a tournament. At no point in my games I've talked about did I take down a far superior hand all in. In fact, I only got them all in twice!

Am I missing something here? Is poker about waiting for a premium, shoving and hoping to run into another. If it's better, so be it, I may run like a god and crack KK twice and AA once to win, if it's worse, oh how unlucky I am if I lose but wow I expect to win every one of them.

This may sound like a rant but it's really not. I'd like to know why this standard of poker, this ABC hit 'em all in, is wining $ after £ after $ and a type of play that can use hands that aren't in this range, wins not a lot. Is it really a case of you need both hands and skill but skill is 1% and hands is 99%?

It seems that way to me...

study study study

Just to add to this after reading my own post, I don't care who the player is, that's not the point, this post is not about his or her skill it's about the types of situations. I'd really appreciate comments from everyone on this forum as I look to improve my game. Any and all help is appreciated.

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:33 pm