SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+2
FaQsaKe
danowski69
6 posters

GOD I LOVE THIS HAND!

danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

GOD I LOVE THIS HAND! Empty GOD I LOVE THIS HAND!

Post  danowski69 Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Gifted or what? LOL
    How he thought his kk was still good after ive called all the way to my all in, is beyond me, oh well glad he called my all in :-)
    FaQsaKe
    FaQsaKe

SPS Chips : 92

GOD I LOVE THIS HAND! Empty Re: GOD I LOVE THIS HAND!

Post  FaQsaKe Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:15 pm

He called your all in because it was 1k into a pot of about 4-5k. 4:1,5:1 you aint folding for pennies Smile

NH though, just remember this one next time something like this happens to your KK ;-)
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:28 pm

FaQsaKe wrote:He called your all in because it was 1k into a pot of about 4-5k. 4:1,5:1 you aint folding for pennies Smile

NH though, just remember this one next time something like this happens to your KK ;-)

+1 to that, coupled with the fact I think you're committing way too many chips into a fairly dry pot with 78. I don't care if it is suited - Plus you're in a terrible position.

Just my thoughts.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:29 pm

Im not stupid enough to call with KK into a pot that had potential for trips on flop, and fh on turn.

But thanks anyway for the advice.

And His flat call on origianl all in of 230, was a joke... reraise gets me folding.

Or maybe not.......seen as it is 78 suited king
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:36 pm

MADV wrote:
    FaQsaKe wrote:He called your all in because it was 1k into a pot of about 4-5k. 4:1,5:1 you aint folding for pennies Smile

+1 to that, coupled with the fact I think you're committing way too many chips into a fairly dry pot with 78. I don't care if it is suited - Plus you're in a terrible position.

Just my thoughts.

He flat calls all in, so not repping much is he, im on my fave hand so why not.. then it gets better....and better, then boooooooom. Its all mine.

The guy could of turned over ak then what?
    If he has 66, then fine, ul me.

Cant dodge every bullet.

Last edited by danowski69 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:45 pm

I think what Vad is trying to tell you is that calling 11 times the bb with 87 is a losing play long term and a very daft habit to get into.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:51 pm

I see Vads point m8.

As ive posted many many many times, this hand in these situations, pays off.

Not everytime would it pay off, and id not call a raise of 300 or more, but the guy all in was tilting and i didnt sense a monster with the flat call, so i went on gut feeling, gotta have balls sometimes and take the risks..end of the day im down 230 if i dont get the flop i want, and that one had all the potential i needed to call.

But thanks Vad and faqsake, i do see ya point mates :-)
    FaQsaKe
    FaQsaKe

SPS Chips : 92

Post  FaQsaKe Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Hey i was just pointing the odds and why the guy called your all in.
    I probably would of called preflop aswell Very Happy
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

Post  the hoooders Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:14 am

it was a bad flop for you,just a lucky turn saved you, Wink
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:08 am

khenny wrote:I think what Vad is trying to tell you is that calling 11 times the bb with 87 is a losing play long term and a very daft habit to get into.

Thanks for attempting to explain, Ken. That is what I was trying to say.

Unfortunately at work I can't see the hand but I thought you called closer to 630, making it about 1/4 of your stack - I may be wrong though. As for you telling Ken, Danny, that it pays off in these situations blah blah. I'nm telling you now, the odds dictate that if you call 1/4 of your stack with 78 suited it WILL be a losing play long term. Yes, you'll remember the good hits but also remember that you'd have stacked off on that flop, I've no doubt, and if he did have KK and you didn't get INCREDIBLY lucky (2 cards in the deck) ion the turn, then you'd have called 1 whole of your stack.

Please heed advice from more "senior" members of the forum, even if you don't listen to me. This is not a winning play.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:37 am

MADV wrote:
    khenny wrote:I think what Vad is trying to tell you is that calling 11 times the bb with 87 is a losing play long term and a very daft habit to get into.

Thanks for attempting to explain, Ken. That is what I was trying to say.

Unfortunately at work I can't see the hand but I thought you called closer to 630, making it about 1/4 of your stack - I may be wrong though. As for you telling Ken, Danny, that it pays off in these situations blah blah. I'nm telling you now, the odds dictate that if you call 1/4 of your stack with 78 suited it WILL be a losing play long term. Yes, you'll remember the good hits but also remember that you'd have stacked off on that flop, I've no doubt, and if he did have KK and you didn't get INCREDIBLY lucky (2 cards in the deck) ion the turn, then you'd have called 1 whole of your stack.

Please heed advice from more "senior" members of the forum, even if you don't listen to me. This is not a winning play.

I'm a SENIOR member?

cussing cussing cussing cussing cussing cussing cussing cussing cussing cussing cussing cussing

pram pram pram pram
    hopelesglory
    hopelesglory

SPS Chips : 140

Post  hopelesglory Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:35 am

cash game???
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:37 pm

No hopes it wasnt a cash game m8.

I know the rule book says i should fold everytime there, but hey, rules are to be broken, and poker isnt just a game of statistics and odds, its also a game of luck.

All advice is noted as usual, and Mad i do agree with you m8, however sometime we have to take risks in order to win.

Thanks for the comments.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Easier way to win with the MONSTER 78 LOL :-)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:00 pm