SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

4 posters

Small pairs

LuckyChuck
    LuckyChuck

SPS Chips : 117

Small pairs Empty Small pairs

Post  LuckyChuck Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:21 am

Been trying to look at my weak points recently, with a view to getting a mentor session and seeing wht im missing.

one of the things ive noticed is that i dont seem to be winning much with low pairs, especially in early position.

Say first position on a 10 seat table, what should i be doing with 22-66, and how much difference does being on a 6 seater make? Im basically playing to set mine, and have been predominantly limping on both 10 and 6 seats, with the occasional raise.

Any ideas appreciated!
    ruud
    ruud

SPS Chips : 66

Small pairs Empty Re: Small pairs

Post  ruud Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:08 am

Good post - tricky fellas in cash. I tend to limp 10 seaters, but never limp in 6 seat and just raise 3bbs with anything im playing from 1st pos. Helps diguise your hand really - anything from 22+ and J10s+ is 3bbs for me in 1st pos. Ill mix it up further round the table, but from such bad pos i dont want to polarise my range too much.
    Chipped
    Chipped

SPS Chips : 134
    Favourite hand : Posh dog (k9 suited)

Post  Chipped Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:07 pm

the main problem with limping them in 1st pos on 10 seaters is that everything else you fold or raise i presume? This means that your range is really narrow for limping with here, and any regular opponent will notice eventually. If youre on stars against 9 diff peeps every time then u might get away with it, but if not, then id vary it up with some 2.5-3bb raises, at least it will keep them guessing.
    Rolls

SPS Chips : 1

Post  Rolls Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:10 am

In 6 max always open raise from any position unless the table is really aggresive preflop and are 3 betting you alot.

Also don't overestimate your set mining odds especially if you are in the BB and they open raise from the CO/Button you can't call to set mine and playing low pockets oop there is too hard, i usually 3 bet or fold.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:05 am