SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

5 posters

double up stts idea...

wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

double up stts idea... Empty double up stts idea...

Post  wildrick Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:13 am

Ok, so it's been a while since double up stts were introduced to the poker world, and theyve proven pretty popular for a number of reasons...

Theyre quick, easy to win at, with low variance, and often with poor levels of play.

Theyre also great for multitabling, as you never get that common stt multitabling issue of being 3way or heads up and effectively missing out on stuff on other tables. The game stops with 3 or 5 left so you dont get this problem.

Chattin to a m8 who multi tables these all day, gets great rakeback, and is building a roll up nicely.

But had a thought this morning, that could improve them, without losing any of the good points...

Say the game stops at half the field left, same as normal. Whoevers left wins, same as normal.

But everyone wins according to their chip stack when the game stops. For example, a $20 double up 10 seater normally pays 40 to place 1-5. I reckon it would be a lot more fun if you got paid by stack, 5th gets 25, 4th gets 35, 3rd = 40, 2nd 45, and chippy takes 55.

so theres a decent encouragement not to be last out of 5 (ie limp into the money), and a decent recent to play a lot of hands and be chippy. thoughts anyone? obv the figures a changeable, but you get the gist...
    lee200
    lee200

SPS Chips : 59

double up stts idea... Empty Re: double up stts idea...

Post  lee200 Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:49 am

I like it, pro-rata double or nothings. Would certainly make it more interesting on the bubble. Do you go for first place or sit tight with the money you've already got
    hoppy

SPS Chips : 243

Post  hoppy Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:45 pm

double up 10 seater normally pays 40 to place 1-5. I reckon it would be a lot more fun if you got paid by stack, 5th gets 25, 4th gets 35, 3rd = 40, 2nd 45, and chippy takes 55.

study lol!
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:22 am

Didn't stars do a similar thing about 5 years ago, think they called them Timed tourneys, not quite SnG but similar.

The trouble was action was soooooooooo tight they would run to the timer with 80% of the field so they shortened the level times which turned it into some kinda freaky crap shoot.

More I think it might not have been stars? getting old and memory slipping could have been party or pacific.

Stars have started to do these $100 tripple up's now, which are quite good as they upto now not really attracted the $100 players so good value.

On the whole though m8t they could be good fun
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:10 am

i think it was full tilt that did them, but they were timed tournies, that finished after a certain time rather than when a certain number of people were left?

I think that with my idea, theyd play fairly similar to normal, perhaps a little bit looser, but it would really make for intersting game with 6/7 left....
    LuckyChuck
    LuckyChuck

SPS Chips : 117

Post  LuckyChuck Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:25 am

id play these ric, nice.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:57 am