SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+4
Evo397bhp
geminis
wildrick
dicie180
8 posters

STT's, less is more..

dicie180
    dicie180

SPS Chips : -7

STT's, less is more.. Empty STT's, less is more..

Post  dicie180 Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:31 am

With starting a new job recently, (1st proper job in 34 yrs) (unless u count the post office job that went tits up) i have been struggling for time to play, as i work 5 nights a week....

I didnt like the idea, of squeezing in a few stt's here and there, so worked out a timetable with the help of some ideas from Jon Huckle and Banksy, who unknown to them, with my fine line of questioning, helped alot, and have parted with some excellent info....

SO i have cut my playing time down, and will now try focus more on stts, if some people wud stay off there own accounts, and let me use em when im ment to....

Thanks Huckle and banksoir.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

STT's, less is more.. Empty Re: STT's, less is more..

Post  wildrick Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:45 am

gl m8 STT's, less is more.. 627217

and gl with the new job too!
    geminis
    geminis

SPS Chips : 208

Post  geminis Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:08 am

Is less more?,
    Im not sure how many a day u were playing, but I would like to know what your plan is now?, I try and do 10 stt's in a day, I think it helps knowing how many I am going to play, but doe it?, I am still playing around with different ways to do it but seem to have settled on just 10 a day. I do wonder though if i am having a good day should I be doing more? and vice-versa on my bad days should I just cut my losses and not complete the 10 games?
    Good luck with the new job Wink
    dicie180
    dicie180

Post  dicie180 Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:44 am

geminis wrote:Is less more?,
    Im not sure how many a day u were playing, but I would like to know what your plan is now?, I try and do 10 stt's in a day, I think it helps knowing how many I am going to play, but doe it?, I am still playing around with different ways to do it but seem to have settled on just 10 a day. I do wonder though if i am having a good day should I be doing more? and vice-versa on my bad days should I just cut my losses and not complete the 10 games?
    Good luck with the new job Wink

Jen, i will aim to play 6 a day, but if im not 100% focused or tired i wont bother playing....

Quality is better than quantity....

Ok today i have had a bad day, play 4, didnt cash in any, so i have stopped, but last 10 days i have shown gradual profit....

Im no expert jen, and i dont rely on rake back, i have a plan, that if i can double my daily allowance per month, and increase it, this is the way forward...
    geminis
    geminis

Post  geminis Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:33 am

Cool,I hope it works for you, ive been having a few days like that, its suprising how many days ive lost my fist 4 games and the next lot of games I win it all back. It doesnt always work like that, I see a patern also in that I tend to lose the first game I play most days, so from now on I gonna do the first game as a cheaper game and see if that helps. I am finding writing all my games down as a help too, must admit it can be depressing at times looking back over a bad day, but its nice when u have had a good day and its a good way to spot patterns. But then im a girl and I like lists study
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:01 am

Jen do ya do a list to remind you to do a list ! scratch

GL on the Job m8t
    dicie180
    dicie180

Post  dicie180 Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:27 am

Evo397bhp wrote:Jen do ya do a list to remind you to do a list ! scratch

GL on the Job m8t

Cheers m8...

Jen is making a list, to remind her to do the list, for the list of games, so important to keep ahead of these lists....
    geminis
    geminis

Post  geminis Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:36 am

huh You saying I need a list for my list to keep up with the first list which means I wud just have a list of lists lol
    scratch bit confused now scratch

back to my list hide
    -shedboymuff
    -shedboymuff

SPS Chips : 9

STT's, less is more.. Empty stts

Post  -shedboymuff Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:04 am

i mainly play stt's too and feel if you start the day losing the 1st few it aint gonna be your day so stop!

last week i played 38 in a day and ended down $270, although this has been the only day i have been down in the last 2 weeks, i also feel writing them down is helpfull but when you have a bad day it does not look good especially when your noting your bad beats.

i have started using sitngo wizard but due to playing a lot of mtts on stars i cannot have both running at same time! which is a bit pants!
    runningman
    runningman

SPS Chips : 0

STT's, less is more.. Empty How I approach a sng session and my thoughts on approaching the game

Post  runningman Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:45 am

I think the less is more way of thinking works very well when playing steps style sng's, obviously these exist on most pokers sites but you can basically work out your own depending I which format is your strongest.

For standard turbo/normal sngs I personally think volume is very important if you are going to do well at this particular disipline. When I start a day I intend to play between 50/70 six seater turbos (my strongest format) but this can change as the session unfolds depending on how I well I am playing physically and emotionally. This is just my personal preference as I prefer a high volume/low buy = higher ROI stratergy. By employing this I tend to eliminate alot of the variance assossiated with push/fold poker. I also think due to the intergration of icm software the $30+ limits have definately got a lot tougher.

ahh i've got started talking sngs now lol, could go on forever Very Happy
    phinnies1
    phinnies1
    Admin

SPS Chips : 121

Post  phinnies1 Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:52 am

You dont know what work is you slack tax dodger
    lol!
    dicie180
    dicie180

Post  dicie180 Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:55 am

phinnies1 wrote:You dont know what work is you slack tax dodger
    lol!

Tax?? scratch
    JPK
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 3

Post  JPK Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:46 am

The best players can go on downswings of 1000-1500 games.

Turnover is everything, no matter what type of SNG you're playing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:02 pm