SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+3
wildrick
khenny
zeepulman
7 posters

live hand

zeepulman

SPS Chips : 4

live hand Empty live hand

Post  zeepulman Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:49 am

hi played this hand last night would like some feed back,its a live tourny at dtd theres 60 runners left i am on the button, blinds 200-400 50 ante 50 limp 5-6d .small blind calls big blind checks,i have about 10k in chips,flop kd-7d-4c ibet 1k bb calls turn 2h ibet 2600 bb shouves 8200.i have about 8k left,i tank and fold face up he shows 7-2,every one at the table says i should have called.any comments you have on the hand ty.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

live hand Empty Re: live hand

Post  khenny Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:56 am

You fold with 20 bb left. I think it is the smart move myself and although you could count your outs at 17 with 60 left in MTT I still personally feel it was the correct move.

Wouldn't take my word for it though m8. 🐰
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:14 am

well first up, if its folded to you on the button and you feel like playing your 5d6d, then I'd be raising to 1k, and just trying to take the blinds.

Once you've limped, i think the flop bet is ok, tho I'd be betting the whole pot not just 3/4 of it.

The biggest mistake i think tho is to bet-fold the turn. Youve shown some agression already, and now its paid off with a free river. You're on the button, so he checks to you - you have a lot of outs but no hand at all yet, he's shown he has something by calling on the flop, i think i'd just take the free card and try and hit. You can always use the bet youve saved on the river as a bluff if you miss.

As it happens you bet and he shoves - well this is the risk you run by betting, and a call here is pretty foolish - avoid the problem by taking the free card on the turn.

Running the maths:

you have 8k.
    5400 to call

you are 30% ish

if you call

0.3 of the time you gain 14000 = 4200
    0.7 of the time you lose 5400 = -3780

so its very close, and pot odds wise its just marginally in your favour.

However you are crippled if you call and lose, and thats happening 70% of the time, and you still have a very playable stack if you fold so definitely right to fold, by tournament strategy.

so i dont like the initial limp, and i dont like the bet on the turn, but fold at the end is right imo.
    LuckyChuck
    LuckyChuck

SPS Chips : 117

Post  LuckyChuck Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:42 pm

i dont like the limp pre - if you're playing this its defo a raise to 2.5-3bb imo.

After that i think u played it fine.
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

Post  Bainn Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:11 pm

How often do you play at DTD m8 ? ?
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:15 am

Never played at DTD but have heard it is a good place. Don't think much of their overpriced rake on tournies but I guess you have to pay some premium for dealer dealt tables at a made to measure poker venue I suppose.
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:04 am

You learn something new every day as I like to raise pre (quite a bit actually!) but I probably limp with this 20% of the time, raise with it 70% and fold it 10%.

I agree with all Rick says following through the hand after this point and don't wish to reiterate it but I'd have probably played it the same as you 20% of the time.

Saying that, I'd have (wrongly) called on the end "playing for the win" so to speak.

Vad
    Decision

SPS Chips : 8

Post  Decision Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 am

D

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:50 am