SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+6
Evo397bhp
wildrick
Bubster
Bainn
khenny
trapsetter
10 posters

How the bloody hell do you guys multi table???

trapsetter
    trapsetter

SPS Chips : 249

How the bloody hell do you guys multi table??? Empty How the bloody hell do you guys multi table???

Post  trapsetter Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:18 pm

Getting very frustrated with this subject!!

1 table i can adapt to any type of table and players, read well and really do well and very rarely get my chips in bad!!

2 tables same as above but can tend to spew a few chips

3 tables is where i lose it, all reads gone except for.. picking out the tight stats and loose stats, start to go into auto pilot just playing preflop cards!! i may be winning on 1 table but losing on others.

4 tables and well, i can get really spewy!!!

Ive done better by keeping an eye on my own stats and trying not to be too loose or too tight and this has helped a little but it still leaves me feeling at the end of a session a bit of a blank like someone else played for me and i wasnt even there!!#

Tips and help much appreciated!!!
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

How the bloody hell do you guys multi table??? Empty Re: How the bloody hell do you guys multi table???

Post  khenny Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:39 pm

Only tips I can give you m8 is don't play cash. Or if you do ffs don't ask me for advice you'll only regret it!

affraid affraid
    trapsetter
    trapsetter

How the bloody hell do you guys multi table??? Empty Re: How the bloody hell do you guys multi table???

Post  trapsetter Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:01 pm

LOL

I hear you kenny!!

Cash must be like marmite... you either (well we all know that 1)

Im sticking to my guns and trying to learn, been breakeven for the last 2 months, plenty of swings which is yet another learning curve!!
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

Post  Bainn Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Pop into Ikea, you can pick up a couple of reasonably priced tables.

sarcy
    Bubster
    Bubster

SPS Chips : 396

Post  Bubster Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:21 pm

Multi-tabling is easiest for STTs, then MTTs, and then cash tables imho.

Also you mentioned somewhere that you were playing 6max - this is much harder to multitable, 10 seat is much easier.

And LOL Bainn Smile
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Bubster wrote:Multi-tabling is easiest for STTs, then MTTs, and then cash tables imho.

Also you mentioned somewhere that you were playing 6max - this is much harder to multitable, 10 seat is much easier.

And LOL Bainn Smile

indeed

indeed

indeed LOL ikea. Whilst you're there, grab some meatballs, yum yum yum.

There's a short article on Multi tabling on the main site... Multi tabling stategy
    trapsetter
    trapsetter

Post  trapsetter Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Bainn wrote:Pop into Ikea, you can pick up a couple of reasonably priced tables.

sarcy

DO NOT GET ME STARTED... I repeat!!!!
    DO NOT GET ME STARTED!!!!!!!!
    rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

Me and missus went to ikea for a kitchen... we recieved Table tops in 2 different colours!!!

Went to get them swopped only to find out it was manufacturers end of line and could not find matching tops!!!!!!!!

Any more suggestins of XXXX (cannot even bare to speak of its name)
    And its just gonna be not listening not listening not listening not listening
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:16 pm

trapsetter wrote:
    Bainn wrote:Pop into Ikea, you can pick up a couple of reasonably priced tables.

sarcy

DO NOT GET ME STARTED... I repeat!!!!
    DO NOT GET ME STARTED!!!!!!!!
    rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

Me and missus went to ikea for a kitchen... we recieved Table tops in 2 different colours!!!

Went to get them swopped only to find out it was manufacturers end of line and could not find matching tops!!!!!!!!

Any more suggestins of XXXX (cannot even bare to speak of its name)
    And its just gonna be not listening not listening not listening not listening

WOW

Guess Ikea has really irked you, but you have to admit, their meatballs are good.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:15 pm

few tips for 6max multi tab

1: turn hero stats off, fecks with your head

2: for more than 4 tabs, cascade them so your only looking at the tab the needs action, for FR then tiling is fine

3: get good multi tab software, tableninja for stars, or fulltilt short cuts for ! fulltilt lol

4: turn off, auto reload..know where you are then

5: DON't panic, if you take a beat review after session not during as this messes with ya head.

6: Set a start end time or hand count, sounds silly but after 2hr's of 5+ tabs of 6max you need a coffee and 30 mins break.

7: drop down a few levels to get into the swing of 4+ tabs, as the more tabs up the more ABC your poker becomes

8: and final point, dont do what I do and mix in a few tourneys this really screws things up No
    trapsetter
    trapsetter

Post  trapsetter Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:31 am

Bainn wrote:
    WOW

Guess Ikea has really irked you, but you have to admit, their meatballs are good.

not listening not listening not listening not listening not listening not listening
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:44 am

trapsetter wrote:
    Bainn wrote:
    WOW

not listening not listening not listening not listening not listening not listening

Does that mean you disagree ? ?
    LuckyChuck
    LuckyChuck

SPS Chips : 117

Post  LuckyChuck Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:36 pm

dont try and multitable with 6 seaters, go for 10 seat, much easier.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:27 am

while i agree full ring games are far more easy to play multi tab's the yeild in money and rake is far better in 6max.

So 6 tabs of 6max will out perform 10 tabs of fullring in $ per hr on a daily basis.
    trapsetter
    trapsetter

Post  trapsetter Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:09 pm

Bainn wrote:

Does that mean you disagree ? ?

not listening not listening not listening not listening not listening not listening not listening
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

Post  Overated Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:29 pm

multitablin is easy..i can do 24 tables. if u want to multitable and win however then get holdem manager. its the only way
    trapsetter
    trapsetter

Post  trapsetter Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Ive got HM

24 tables??? wud defo like ot hear more thoughts and tips on how you multi so many, get on teamviewer or something and i will come and watch you!!!
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:41 am

well max i've seen is Bob Rotruck "microbob" from stox running 18 tabs fullring on pokerstars some time back but with out a AHK script cant be done, well not in cash anyways.

Was playing Omaha 6max x 6 tabs and 3 x omaha fullring last night and thats me maxed out on omaha, and looking back i missed 2 hands 1 was riv quad K's as timed out, the other was nut flush riv timed out, so 9 PLO is on my limit.

Again this is Cash, can squeez more for tourney.
    geminis
    geminis

SPS Chips : 208

Post  geminis Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:52 am

I think their are a good few players on here who are great at multi tabling I think their are several good methods and its just a matter of what works for you.
    Ive tried it but found that reading the table was harder when in lots, alot of peeps think if u want to do it you can only really play abc poker, which leads you in to a style of play alot of peeps get bored of. Also if any of your oponents notice your in a lot of games then they can start to target your blinds or bluff you as they know you will only be playing good hands and that you wont have a good read of what going on on just one table.
    If you are going to try it I would sugest to trial it on cheap tables untill you master it and good luck. I think that alot of people just cant or shouldnt do it.
    I seem to remember their was some footage of some madman on utube playing 50 games at a time Shocked, I think the site even closed his account as they thought it must have been a bot playing loool
    hoppy

SPS Chips : 243

Post  hoppy Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:46 am

yup boku87 50 tables, they were all mtt s&gs though. Still cant be easy to play.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:24 pm