SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+3
wildrick
khenny
MADV
7 posters

Dream Team Live Final

MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Dream Team Live Final Empty Dream Team Live Final

Post  MADV Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:06 am

I would love to take the time to give a full run down of all of the events over the weekend but I'm so sick that I'm so not in the mood. I had a really great time, met some fabulous people, and then 1 hour before home I realised just why I don't play the amount of poker I used to.

I'm quite an aggressive player these days and will play the player as opposed to the cards. All day 1 (playing down to 30 from 114) I didn't get a hand (no really!). I beat AA with 22 (on a 345 10 J rainbow board) and did a few other steals and raises. I got AK (best hand of the day) and pushed all in after a raise and 3 calls (from SB) attempting to make it look like a squeeze; alas, I got 0 callers.

Anyway, I started on 13,000 got to 18k and went up and down for the next 8 hours until I got moved tables. On the new table I carried on the same, got no hands, bluffed lots and finally pished a guy so much he called my re-raise of 15k and put himself all in (he'd raised to 5k - blind was about 1200). He had A6 (I know!!! - I am annoying though Wink ) I had Aq and I got to about 40K. Played more of the same for a while, ended the day on 70k.

Sorry this is so long already...

Day 2 starts, 3 tables, played my same stuff, few bets, never putting all my chips in, took a big pot Vs Strummer with KJs vs his 97s on 3 spade board (A high). got to final table with 240K (Strummer 340K 2 others 280K) all rest 50K ish. Anyway, not a lot happened again, I finally got a hand - AA - and everyone folded! 7 left, Ola pushes from button for 140K (I've got about 200K). I tank with 77 then call he shows 64h flop str8 and flush draw, misses and I have 360K. Very next hand, guy with about 450K (others all at around 70K now) raises 60K (bb 20K) I re-raise to 150K, he goes all in - I tank with KK and call, he says "gc" shows AQ. Strummer says he's folded an A but I still get the sickly feeling. Sure enough, turn is an A and I'm standing up.

This is the point I'm asking the forum about - I stood up and fell back down into my chair. I'd played so well with chit cards and got so deep with so much respect (people saying they hated playing me!) that when this happened all the life drained from me. It really is the reason I don't play. How do you take it?

I feel so so sick. Sorry for all the grammatical/style errors - I'm so down I can't be bothered checking the post.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Dream Team Live Final Empty Re: Dream Team Live Final

Post  khenny Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:26 am

Bummer Vad m8. Only thing to do is take the positives m8. Nothing else for it really.

You say you made the FT with virtually no cards over the 2 days and with a field of 114 decent players I would be pretty proud of this if I were you.

The hand you go out on is just one of those things.

I say wp m8 and don't give up. Imagine what you will do when you get a run of decent cards?

wp
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:48 pm

FFS ul m8y. sickener, and no mistake.

As Khenny said tho, you made final table with no cards, and got them in good for a msassive tournie pot, and just got ul... you have to pleased with your run, and focus more on the positives - obv hard to do tho.

Congrats on your cash anyway m8, glad you had a good weekend Smile
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:08 am

Thanks for the comments, guys. I really did enjoy the weekend and everything that went along with it. I'd love for you all to set up a SharkPokerSchool team so that I could meet a few new faces and have a good laugh at the next one. I hear they're trying to sort it with Ladbrokes this time (not my first choice any more!) so it will be for cruise packages.

You know what's so annoying about the KK? It's the first time in 2 days that all my chips were in the middle! Typical!

Oh well, onwards and upwards. Mayhap I should play some more live poker because people really do play differently when they know others are watching - I can exploit that Smile.

PS - I'm still sick! shit happens
    Bubster
    Bubster

SPS Chips : 396

Post  Bubster Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:14 am

clap display wp wp

Great run MADV, sounds like you played very well indeed. Definitely get yourself to some more live games.

rock on good job

Oh, and ul with the KK, you know you got em in good.
    Chipped
    Chipped

SPS Chips : 134
    Favourite hand : Posh dog (k9 suited)

Post  Chipped Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:30 am

As Bubster has nicely illustrated... you're focusing on the wrong part of the weekend.

You had a great time.
    You played well (with poor cards)
    You made final table
    You cashed (Probably covering expenses)
    You got muffed

Its not easy, but you know that the first 4 points are a lot more important than the 5th.

And yes, play more Live. It's going to leave you feeling like this a lot tho. But only if you focus on the negatives.
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:08 am

I know you're both right. In fact, it's what everyone is telling me.

I should definitely try to get to move Live events though because I really do enjoy the fun and banter.

As for the exspenses, I won a few bob, aye Wink. Needed, considering the head gasket's gone! :pale:
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:48 am

Dream team from SPS would be great. Hope we can do something with this.
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

Post  Bainn Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:15 am

khenny wrote:Dream team from SPS would be great. Hope we can do something with this.

Now that is a good idea, I for one would be interested.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:07 am

MADV wrote:Thanks for the comments, guys. I really did enjoy the weekend and everything that went along with it. I'd love for you all to set up a SharkPokerSchool team so that I could meet a few new faces and have a good laugh at the next one. I hear they're trying to sort it with Ladbrokes this time (not my first choice any more!) so it will be for cruise packages.

Now this is truly AWESOME news. I didn't play this year as it was on betfair, which is truly horrible.

I'd be well up for an SPS team, if it's on Ladbrokes.

Are you saying you'd be in our team Vad, or are you just suggesting we should have one? If it's the former, then I nominate you as Captain after your consec final tables in the finals! If its the latter and you're sticking with your own team, then boooo, see you there Smile
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

Post  Bainn Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:32 am

wildrick wrote:Are you saying you'd be in our team Vad, or are you just suggesting we should have one? If it's the former, then I nominate you as Captain after your consec final tables in the finals! If its the latter and you're sticking with your own team, then boooo, see you there Smile

Where we will crush you.
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:14 am

Bainn wrote:
    wildrick wrote:Are you saying you'd be in our team Vad, or are you just suggesting we should have one? If it's the former, then I nominate you as Captain after your consec final tables in the finals! If its the latter and you're sticking with your own team, then boooo, see you there Smile

Where we will crush you.

I look forward to the competition Smile I'm sticking with my girlie-girlie team.

cheers
    LANGERS

SPS Chips : 122

Post  LANGERS Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:30 am

The free bar was magnificent!! Very Happy
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:38 am

LANGERS wrote:The free bar was magnificent!! Very Happy

There's always one! Make that 2, I enjoyed the free bar as well, all while Sharon was winning 2.5K! Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:12 pm