SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

4 posters

How do you play AA first hand UTG in Deepstack tournament?

hopelesglory
    hopelesglory

SPS Chips : 140

How do you play AA first hand UTG in Deepstack tournament? Empty How do you play AA first hand UTG in Deepstack tournament?

Post  hopelesglory Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi all,

Thought I would post this hand as I always seem to have trouble playing big hands like AA AK KK early in deepstack tournaments, when everyones stack is deep relative to the blinds and you have no or little information on the table!

Here I have AA UTG first hand on 25$ Deepstack on I-Poker (6k starting stack, big blind 20)

Would be interesting to know how other people play hands like this, all comments appreciated!

Sometimes if I get AA or KK first hand of a competition I just shove all in hoping some mug will call and I get an early double!

How do you play AA first hand UTG in Deepstack tournament? Aa_fir11

Steve Hopelesglory Vegasnegative
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

How do you play AA first hand UTG in Deepstack tournament? Empty Re: How do you play AA first hand UTG in Deepstack tournament?

Post  MADV Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:35 pm

I can see this ending bad - In short, many ways. You could flat call, raise a bit or raise a lot.

. . .
    zeheckle
    zeheckle

SPS Chips : 80

How do you play AA first hand UTG in Deepstack tournament? Empty Re: How do you play AA first hand UTG in Deepstack tournament?

Post  zeheckle Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:46 am

i think a shove is a bit ott really as 1st hand and your only getting called by J10 i think a min raise here is gd because it keeps a KJ/Q10 type of hand in there and given no gay river like j or 10 he will call a bet on the river or even if it comes a k or q he may even raise given that its a 20$ mtt because he most likely has 1 of these.

even a call as it could be a a bluff and a check to him on river and he mite bet as he has to bet to win the hand.

the thing about DS mtts you can be patient an early double does not mean a thing it mite look gd but thats it and the standard of play in the 20/25/30s on ipoker are quite poor u can pick up pots quite easy just by looking for gd spots.
    SOX
    SOX
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 17
    Favourite hand : 108 clubs

Post  SOX Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:46 am

i wudnt be playing AA any different to Ak AQ 56 sooted etc..just a standard raise,if u get loadsa action try keep the pot small or bin it np u lose min, anyway i shut the fk up,cause wtf do i know

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:14 am