SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

5 posters

APAT WCOAP Omaha

Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

APAT WCOAP Omaha Empty APAT WCOAP Omaha

Post  Bainn Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:43 am

The APAT run an online championship of poker and it is currently running, here is a hand from last night. For some reason, the HH has not updated locally on my machine.

60 Players started with 10K, 12 min blinds, I had just dropped down from around 13K, current average is 10345 with 57 left.

Blinds - 30/60

Bainn = 10,610
    Oppo = 13,000 Apr

Bainn cards = Ac Jc 10d 9d

Oppo UTG - raises to 210

Player UTG+1 - calls

Bainn Mid - calls 210 (1)

Player SB - calls 150

Flop = Qh Kc 7c

Player SB - checks

Oppo - bets 870

Player UTG+1 - folds

Bainn - raises to 1740 (2)

Player SB - folds

Oppo - reraises to 5220

What would you do now ? Oppos action suggests a set ?

Bainn - goes Allin 8660

Oppo - calls 4310

Oppo shows = 2h 2d Qd Qs

Turn = 5c

River = Ks

(1) Reraise here ?

(2) Pot it here ?
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

APAT WCOAP Omaha Empty Re: APAT WCOAP Omaha

Post  Bainn Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:18 am

Added a couple details and moved to relevant section.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:56 am

Trouble with PLO DS tourneys is peeps feel the need to over value and bet there hands, add to this a low cost buy-in and your going to find your self facing some very odd and strange plays (hands up no idea of buyin cost but would guess not a lot)

So with the above in mind, i'd be looking to fight with a made hand more so than a draw hand at this stage (even though your on v good hand) as I would feel a seat is worth more to me that the pot is, so i'd be more tempted to have flat called the cbet.

The hand had gone to 3 way max for the turn, you had your man on a set, he's opened and pot fired on cbet raising him such a small amount will not get a fold, and adds no value to your hand.

So i'd have not been in your spot mate to be forced into the spot you were....

come the turn though, i would be potting it no matter of his action, very hard to 2nd set call on that board with the Q's .

All IMO
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:57 am

Looking at the hand again, my oppo has only the House redraw, so any aggression from me means he's obliged to repot it ? Thus all the chips are going in anyway ?
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:04 am

Thanks Evo, buyin was $20.

Agreed, my minraise on flop was stupid and achieves nothing, either flat it or pot with calling being wisest.

If I did pot it on the flop, could he laydown second set here ?
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:10 am

You think ?

I see hands such as oppo's fold time and time again v your hand on made turn(admittedly more expensive buyins) but the fact remains, if you leading on a made flush/overset board and he is willing to feel commited to a 1 out win (last Q) or what MIGHT be 2nd best FH IF BOARD PAIR's for what turns out to be 160+ BB pot this early, then take the guys name and get him in some 3/6 cash and call me !!

There is no way, NO WAY he should be feeling commited on that flop.

Sick river card for you mate, as if indeed you feel he is so weak to feel commited then you would have been your self on that turn.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:13 am

Bainn wrote:Thanks Evo, buyin was $20.

Agreed, my minraise on flop was stupid and achieves nothing, either flat it or pot with calling being wisest.

If I did pot it on the flop, could he laydown second set here ?

If you thought he was on a set and say he would feel commited to chase the FH then you have the answer mate !.

sick beat but you find 100's of these at that buyin level, was bad luck that you ran into a weak player with a solid hand.
    danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

Post  danowski69 Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:15 am

Boring

hide
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:27 am

infact while just knocking up some breakfast, the more i think on it the more I would be feeling the one commited if i were in your shoes on that flop, so deffo be flatting it and re-evalute on the turn, which after all said and done is where most PLO hands are made (only to be broke on the riv).

Danny if you find PLO boring then why bother to read it, never mind post to it ?
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:36 am

imo...

(1) no, im not reraising without AA or AKK in omaha unless i'm in much later position. Hand is strong, but in deep shit to anyone who can (sensibly) call a reraise, also its a hand thats always going to flop draws, including lots of nut draws, so i want multiway pot really, im flat calling here.

(2) having hit a massive draw flop for my hand, I dont want to lose the guys behind, and i dont want it all in against a set, its a bit too flippy. Hand isnt really strong enough for a reraise here, if youre against a set the money is going in if you reraise, most people cant fold bottom set nevermind top set in a $20 om tourn. Best case scenario from a reraise is you take the pot down right there.

You have position on the bettor if you flat call, and can make a decision on the turn... if you miss and he fires big you get away relatively cheaply, if you miss and he checks you get free river, if you hit and he checks you can take the pot there or try and milk, if you hit and he fires, great news.

Although c-betting into 2 callers is widespread practice in hold'em for missed flops, its just not that prevalent in omaha imo, its so unlikely that 2 people have missed as well as you, so most people dont c-bet into 2 callers very often if they miss flop. There are no hands that he can cbet and call a reraise with that youre far enough ahead of really. Either he has a set, or some 2pr hand, mbe a one pair hand (AA mbe) with some gutshotty kind of thing.

Another thing to consider is that your opponents probably all have high cards, robbing you of some outs. A raise and 3 callers indicates that theres at least a couple of A's out, mbe a few Js/10s/9s.

you dont have a strong enough hand to reraise is my view, id rather try and hit before i got my chips in. With something like AcJc plus 77 or KQ or K7 i'd be more inclined to reraise, you have a good draw but some back up as well, just in case you pull a caller.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:39 am

Evo397bhp wrote:infact while just knocking up some breakfast, the more i think on it the more I would be feeling the one commited if i were in your shoes on that flop, so deffo be flatting it and re-evalute on the turn, which after all said and done is where most PLO hands are made (only to be broke on the riv).

Danny if you find PLO boring then why bother to read it, never mind post to it ?

Dude seriously, take a chill pill, or did u just miss the blatant attempt and humor??
    Omaha passes over my head, hence the comment...Boring, i just dont get it, so i thought id add some humor, but beeejesus u too damn serious for my liking hehehe

CHILLLLLLLL WINSTONNNNNN
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:44 am

Danny2809 wrote:
    CHILLLLLLLL WINSTONNNNNN

Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:56 am

Danny2809 wrote:
    Evo397bhp wrote:infact while just knocking up some breakfast, the more i think on it the more I would be feeling the one commited if i were in your shoes on that flop, so deffo be flatting it and re-evalute on the turn, which after all said and done is where most PLO hands are made (only to be broke on the riv).

Dude seriously, take a chill pill, or did u just miss the blatant attempt and humor??
    Omaha passes over my head, hence the comment...Boring, i just dont get it, so i thought id add some humor, but beeejesus u too damn serious for my liking hehehe

CHILLLLLLLL WINSTONNNNNN

You dont understand something, so you just type "BORING" with a hide emoticon (expecting a rep)
    think it humor ? worse think it add humor !, run me for saying why read if boring by saying i missed a "Blatant" attempt at humor ? (really that blatant)
    Sorry Danny but that screams of someone wanting attention, so instead of trying to bait me (which i do easy when just awake) when all you crave is attention try a 0898 number i'm told they will talk to you all day long !!!!

Last edited by Evo397bhp on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:56 am

Evo, I will dig out his alias and post it later. Wink

Honestly, seen some funky play with the APAT players, example K 7 5 2 is a good enough hand to call a pot raise out of position. Naturally flop came K 2 K and the raiser with K Q J 10 goes home.

What about live tournaments and how would play it cash wise ?
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:02 am

Evo397bhp wrote:
    Danny2809 wrote:

CHILLLLLLLL WINSTONNNNNN

You dont understand something, so you just type "BORING" with a hide emoticon (expecting a rep)
    think it humor ? worse think it add humor !, run me for saying why read if boring by saying i missed a "Blatant" attempt at humor ? (really that blatant)
    Sorry Danny but that screams of someone wanting attention, so instead of trying to bait me (which i do easy when just awake) when all you crave is attention try a 0898 number i'm told they will talk to you all day long !!!!

OMG u lost the plot?? this has gone past funny now.. if i wanted attention evo id go to work or look in a mirror, seen as you have just woken up id suggest ya shake ya head, coz that reply in my eyes is mardy at its best, it was a comment, not a slating or anything so do yaself a favour, get a cuppa and relax...ive never had an issue with you, but clearly u have one with me, so if its more than just my reply, lets have it out, as im now 100% in the mood to hear it!
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:07 am

well cash game wise.....

fullring $1/$2 or bellow,playout as it did.
    fullring 2/4 or 3/6 chance's are UTG would not have opened, if he had limpped then would almost defo chk/call the flop, chk/fold the turn.

Shorthand $1/$2 or bellow, playout as did.
    Shorthand 2/4 or 3/6 well the aggy would have been there and know quite a few that would 3.5x open there, but would they have cbet ? not so sure, if they did and you re-popped so small they would flat call and look to get to river cheap.

Thing is in cash there's no busto so just reload, the presure of decision is far less in cash
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:13 am

Danny grow up.

I have no personal beef with you unless you want me to, but i do have issue with stupid comments from people who are seeking attention ! on a post that needed no childish humor !!
    Not every post needs a "silly" comment some can be a serious post and nothing more, if you just want trivia posts then may I suggest the "news,views & gossip" section of 2+2, where you can fill ya boots allday long.
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:17 am

Danny2809 wrote:Boring

hide

Hush Daniel, adults talking.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:24 am

Fuk me not another one!

If you feel my comment was nothing but childish, stupid or attention seeking then I APOLOGISE

end of.

.....Adults lol thats funnier than my Boring comment!
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:34 am

Some valuable advice, appreciate it Evo and Rick.

Now, if someone could lend me a few thousand or buy me into a couple of higher Omaha comps where I would feel more comfortable, that would be great thanks.

Danny, sorry you not spot the humour in my comment.

Wink
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:38 am

Silly question warrents a silly reply.

Of course i did!
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:51 am

Danny2809 wrote:Silly question warrents a silly reply.

Of course i did!

Hope you are considering the op as a silly question my boy ?

I would have to get all Khenival on your ass.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:53 am

hide hide hide
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:58 am

Danny2809 wrote:hide hide hide

"I'm gonna make squeal like a stuck pig boy."
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:02 am

Would you like to check your grammer please, i feel you missed a word out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:56 am