SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

4 posters

Re-raising out of position...

scott
    scott

SPS Chips : 774

Re-raising out of position... Empty Re-raising out of position...

Post  scott Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:50 am

The blinds are 800/1600.
    15/223 players left. I'M 12th.
    First place gets $750.
    How do i not scare off a tight player who re-raises 2400(on the button), after i make it 1100 to go, & try to get maximum chips from the hand, with me UTG.
    Ihave AdAh.
    the sb & bb both fold pre-flop.
    Stack sizes are - him 44,000 me 12,000.
    button has only shown down gd hands like high pocket pairs down to 88.

Do i really want to let him see a flop & possibly hit trips?

Last edited by scott on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got positon's mixed up! Do'h!)
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Re-raising out of position... Empty Re: Re-raising out of position...

Post  Evo397bhp Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:54 am

how are you making it 1100 open UTG on 800/1600 blinds ?

The blinds and opening amounts to a side, you have opened and been re-raise tab over dbl from a TAG, his pos on the BTN is a little un-important as for a TGA to re-pop your UTG open he has a solid starting hand and with the stack sizes here there is more than a good chance he will play for your stack size anyway, I would be either 4betting with the intention of getting put in or 4bet shoving here.

The pot as it stands with bets, blinds(what ever they are) and ante is going to be 1/3 to 1/2 your stack so 4bet shoving is best play IMO, if you get called (which is 99% likely thats a bonus)
    scott
    scott

Post  scott Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:27 am

I was doing this from memory, as i can't find any downloadable hand history on my comp. Apologies for this.
    I can see your point tho evo. Very Happy

I was thinking to much about making f/t i think. study
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:02 pm

ok, so obv theres an issue with the bet sizes... but you are 12th/15 with around 12k, you (min?) raise from 1st pos, and get (min?)reraised by the button. If the big blind is 1600 then you make it 3200 total, and he makes it 4800 total, I dont see a problem with just shoving here. The only time you dont get called for your other 7k is if he misclicked reraise.

If you had slightly more chips (or if the blinds were actually a little lower) then a flat call is nice here, with a view to check shoving virtually any flop. (as once he has reraised pre he is pretty much bound to bet if you check to him, and then pretty much bound to call your all in).

I dont really like the smaller rereraise by you pre flop, i much prefer the shove, as if you raise ep, get reraised and then 4bet back small, youre almost signalling to him you have AA. If the stack sizes are as u said it prob wont make any difference as he looks strong and isnt going to fold anyway. But if the stacks are deeper or blinds higher, then you might scare him off. 4 betting at this point just looks like exactly what it is - super strong.

In fact the only time i like the 4bet small is wehn you both have 40k, and he might think u are trying to bully him and shove over the top of you.

You mention that you were thinking too much about making the final table, but im not sure what you mean - i'm happy with my chips going in pre or on any flop when im this low with aa, however it happens. you cant focus on getting to ft, you have to focus on getting chips to win.

More information needed!
    scott
    scott

Post  scott Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:04 am

The blinds may have been smaller. I was doing this from memory. (apologies for any inaccuracy)
    It was a couple of weeks since the hand happened, but i'd been trying to work out how best to play a big hand in this position and at this stage of a tournament.
    As it happened i lost the hand because the other guy did hit trip 6's on the flop, but that was just unlucky i reckon.

On a lighter note, does anyone know how to retrieve hand histories from i poker sites. I just can't seem to find them! Shocked
    frustratedwithsuckouts

SPS Chips : 27

Post  frustratedwithsuckouts Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:44 pm

go to the cashier - tournament history - and click on the tourney....

the hand history should come up

hope this helps

FWS
    scott
    scott

Post  scott Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:54 am

frustratedwithsuckouts wrote:go to the cashier - tournament history - and click on the tourney....

the hand history should come up

hope this helps

FWS

cheers FWS will give it a go. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:44 am