SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+5
MADV
sexyamy83
wildrick
khenny
danowski69
9 posters

How much would it take?

danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

How much would it take? Empty How much would it take?

Post  danowski69 Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:17 am

Just being reading the news and a bank clerk for HSBC has being found hanging from a bridge in london with he hubby

She stole £120k and after fleeing court facing a 4 yr sentence they were found swinging from a bridge.

How much would it take for you to risk it all and face...lets say a 4yr sentence.

I know of a lad who took his work for about 2.5million, he was their accountant, and was skimming.

He got 5yrs for it, but is more than happy knowing that now, he has less than 6mths left, he also has about a million that they didnt seize back in property or goods, lumped into an foreign account.

So how much would u risk it for?
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

How much would it take? Empty Re: How much would it take?

Post  khenny Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:02 am

danowski69 wrote:Just being reading the news and a bank clerk for HSBC has being found hanging from a bridge in london with he hubby

She stole £120k and after fleeing court facing a 4 yr sentence they were found swinging from a bridge.

How much would it take for you to risk it all and face...lets say a 4yr sentence.

I know of a lad who took his work for about 2.5million, he was their accountant, and was skimming.

He got 5yrs for it, but is more than happy knowing that now, he has less than 6mths left, he also has about a million that they didnt seize back in property or goods, lumped into an foreign account.

So how much would u risk it for?

How much you would risk is hardly the question here is it?

The question you are asking is ...

A) Are you a thief?

B) Are you NOT a thief?

My answer is B.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:09 am

Kenny the question isn't regarding are you a thief or not.

Maybe i didnt ask the question correctly.

Im no thief, but the thread is an example of what would you do for the right price?
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:43 am

first up i'm a little worried that this thread started off in brags... is there anything you'd like to tell us dan lol. we can keep a secret Wink, how much did you nick? Wink

personal theft is really bad imo, not only does it cost the person money (either in terms of insurance, increased premiums, or just what got stole) but also causes serious psychological problems, confidence etc.

Large scale corporate theft, well thats a different kettle of fish entirely. Someone is going to do it, so companies have to be insured etc, so really it only costs the insurance company money, whcih is another big faceless corporation anyway. So no real objection on moral grounds here, however I cant stress enough how much I dont ever want to go to jail, so I'm not sure id be willing to risk 4 yr stretch for any amount of money. 1 million on a 10% shot of a 4yr stretch? erm no. Money isnt everything, would never get those 4 yrs back, even if i knew i had 1 million waiting for me.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:46 am

LOL brags section....didnt realise dude..can ya move it please?

I once took 20p off my mam.. i was 7yrs old, does that count??

And ive done the time as u know, its the worst thing ever, so £10million would have to be my minimum fee. :-)
    sexyamy83
    sexyamy83

SPS Chips : 265
    Favourite hand : 2 7 offsuit aslong as its against a weak opponent

Post  sexyamy83 Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:25 pm

To be honest i dont reckon i would survive 4 years in one of todays jails so id prefer to be skint for the rest of my days.
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:59 am

I think it depends on the jail, and obviously on your question - just how much.

I know money isn't everything in life but going to China for 8 weeks practically tripled my salary in those two months. I was away from my family, the place was a hell hole but the reward was worth it. With this in mind, I think I'd be embarrassed to put on here just how little I'd risk a 10% chance of jail on. Probably not as much as you're thinking.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:50 am

I'd just not do it.....

Top that off with if someone stole 2.5mill of me jail time would be the last of there worries.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:19 am

Evo397bhp wrote:
    Top that off with if someone stole 2.5mill of me jail time would be the last of there worries.

lol! lol! lol!
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

Post  Bainn Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:22 am

Theft is wrong.

Unless it's at the poker table...
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:32 am

Bainn wrote:Theft is wrong.

Unless it's at the poker table...

So is speeding - we all do it, well most.

So far it's cost me 5 points and £500. Is the punishment worth the risk? IMO - yes.

The same applies to any crime. Most have the views as Rick does, that fraud of this kind etc, faceless etc. A bit different to placing both barrels of a shotgun at a poor counter service at the local bookies.

Take the women who robbed all the money that was supposed to be burnt. I say good on 'em.

As I said, you'd be suprised, people have killed for a loaf of bread, never mind risking 5 years, they're risking their lives. Look at the African's that try to steal from the pipelines risking death. It's all an issue of perspective.

For a sum, enough for comfort for life, which I believe they say is about 2 mill these days, would you really not risk (especially in the 10% example) it? I know I would. If anyone needs a driver, let me know!
    redbulldac
    redbulldac

SPS Chips : 333

Post  redbulldac Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:35 am

better asking the bankers
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:57 pm

Right so if u were offered 10million to drive a 7.5 tonne lorry from galsgow to london, knowing that if u get caught, u face 6-8yrs inside for intent to supply on a mass scale, would you do it?

Where is the lorry, and where's my sat nav Very Happy

Thats what it wud cost to get me to do it.

I aint no thief but i can see why people do it on a corporate scale.

And evo, i couldnt agree more, take a fiver from me and they'd regret it.

Thiefs belong with Bag heads (druggies for the foreign members (kenny and carni lol)....in the gutter.
    Muffer
    Muffer

SPS Chips : 163

How much would it take? Empty cut there f..... hands off

Post  Muffer Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:18 am

Shame the couple chose to end there lives due to the fact they were caught and faced 4year apart.
    I do think 4year for pinching 120k is digusting,we should follow the japs and cut anyones hands off if 1p goes missing from a bank,government fund or anyone in particular.
    Country to soft we should build a prison in a 3rd world country where people of these crimes get 3rd world care.(this way we keep expenses down)and give a third world country jobs for looking after this scum.
    Society as a whole is basically lazy b........ breeding more lazy b.......=non respectful skinny spotty little charvs who want a simple injection to put them all to sleep.
    Im a labour lad and to be honest they have to take brunt of blame as we find to many families corn fed and if they dont respect themselves getting a job there children follow suit ,resulting in a lack of respect for society.
    Answer to your question tho danny mate is I would sooner perish on the streets rather than borrow 1p,steal 1p off anyone .
    Sorry for the reply I just hate the way this country is.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:06 am

Nice to hear ya views m8, that was the whole reason for my thread, as i said, i aint no thief and i dont think any of us are, just that i also feel some people would do anything for a price. And im sure we know a few people like this, be it drug smuggling, prostitution or just kissing a male m8 for 20 quid or cross dressing for a bet lol (steve u are 1st in the queue i bet lol)

Nice to see peeps views tho.
    Muffer
    Muffer

SPS Chips : 163

How much would it take? Empty hhahaha

Post  Muffer Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:15 am

Kissing a male mate............done that,our lass went berserk.
    Was a laugh went wrong,but your rite the context of your thread was taken wrong, your question was simply put to see what the response would be .
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:50 am

Indeed.

ive asked the same question to friends and they came up with the same kinda answers, my m8s missus has said she'd do almost anything sexually for cash, so im off to the bank later, she's rather fit :-)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:02 pm