SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

2 posters

Big tourneys

danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

Big tourneys Empty Big tourneys

Post  danowski69 Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:01 am

Guys as i play on stars at the mo, and most of their games involve upwards of 3000 runners, do you have any tips or suggestions on how to play these?

I.E 1st quarter, 2nd etc...

I find that im able to get to the last 200, then either get blinded out on bad hands, or make a bad decision that kills me off.

It seems that in this last stage, blinds are 1000/2000 that people are raising 3k plus on ak, aq, kq, kj or pairs.

How do i decide what i should call with?

Im now convinced that postion is a key factor, but should i only call with the same hands as stated above??

Cheers in advance.
    danowski69

Big tourneys Empty Re: Big tourneys

Post  danowski69 Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:22 am

see what i mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:25 am

then this, straight after!!

was 16th before the 44, now im out in 104th!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:51 am

Was i wrong to call the 5k on 44?

And did i just get unlucky with the AK?
    hoppy

SPS Chips : 243

Post  hoppy Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Big problem for me this too and playing like a wimp on the bubble. Not really been playing much mtts lately m but ive been working on this part when i do.

In the $10 up buyin games raising a few marginal hands that play well post flop through the middle stages works quite well got me into a cash in the mini-ftops.

But in the lower stakes they think calling a 3bet is always a good idea this can stack you off on your bigger hands. But quite often you end up short stacked as you dont get that many. Instead what im going to try is dropping the raise size post flop say to 2.5 x bb and raising more hands from mid to late position. theoretically picking up the blinds more for less risk. The problem is it could also lead to more calls from the blinds(probably more muffings but for the most part you still have the advantage of acting last).

How do i decide what i should call with?

pay attention to the table!
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:48 pm

I fully agree with your advice m8, gotta keep an eye on the oppo as it is.

As for the bubble, only one way to play it in my eyes..

AGGRESSIVE.... people dont want to get caught out, so tighten up, bet with what u have and this is when u can steal a few nice pots.

Well thats what i read, and it worked for me, cant always hide away from it, sometimes its all or nothing, just inside the bubble aint worth the 3hrs ive played before, so take my chances.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:22 am