SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

5 posters

England

Muffer
    Muffer

SPS Chips : 163

England Empty England

Post  Muffer Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi all,didn,t think we could play4 4 2 so well.Nice gives me hope for Sunday nice to know the scots hate England (little dig there bannock)but either way we have last laugh bein here enjoying the cup as former WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!.
    When Scotland ,Wales,Ireland play there my second teams shame peoplefind England the enemy when in life you find english ppl support the uk benefits system xxxxxxxxxx
    sexyamy83
    sexyamy83

SPS Chips : 265
    Favourite hand : 2 7 offsuit aslong as its against a weak opponent

England Empty Re: England

Post  sexyamy83 Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:39 am

we going to win the world cup now for sure, cant see anyone beating us. Shocked
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:42 am

MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:48 am

But what DOES bother me is seeing guys with egos the size of Roman Abramovich's yacht swanning into the last 16 when others from lesser nations have run their guts out and got nowhere.

I think this says it all. A completely sub-standard England team went through to the last 16 in the world. They didn't stumble trying to get to the last 32, or such, they are now through to the last 16. Yes they were sub-standard, but their sub-standard is like these "lesser teams" bloody playing their hearts out.

As for the article, it just proves the Scottish hatred. Isn't it enough we pay for your fcking prescriptions and education!
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:04 am

MADV wrote:

But what DOES bother me is seeing guys with egos the size of Roman Abramovich's yacht swanning into the last 16 when others from lesser nations have run their guts out and got nowhere.

I think this says it all. A completely sub-standard England team went through to the last 16 in the world. They didn't stumble trying to get to the last 32, or such, they are now through to the last 16. Yes they were sub-standard, but their sub-standard is like these "lesser teams" bloody playing their hearts out.

As for the article, it just proves the Scottish hatred. Isn't it enough we pay for your fcking prescriptions and education!

And.............. breathe.

England are not a football superpower yet the media and pundits act as if they are which is what pisses off the rest of us.

Lets face it, they won the tournament when there were a monster 16 teams taking part. Every game they played was at Wembley and Brazil, who had won the previous two WC's and were the best team on the planet by a mile, had Pele kicked into oblivion by Portugal every time he touched the ball which resulted in Brazil's unusual exit at the group stage.

The final was a farce with the "goal" being allowed to stand when a one eyed 80 year old with glaucoma could see it wasn't over the line.

England winning the WC again would be akin to Greece winning the European Championships. It may happen but it would be a monster shock if it did!

Since then England have made it beyond the quarter finals once which was 1990 when they managed ONE win in normal time in the ENTIRE tournament against the might of Egypt 1-0.

They needed until the last seconds of extra time against that other footballing super power Belgium to get through the next stage and were played off the park by Cameroon in the quarters but squeezed through after extra time thanks to a penalty!

Footballing greats are

Brazil, Germany, Italy and Argentina. No one else comes close.

edit to add :

I still love YOU tho Vad!! It's just yer team I hate. ;)
    Muffer
    Muffer

SPS Chips : 163

England Empty poor show

Post  Muffer Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:22 am

Hi all,the thing is we deerved the beating totally.

I watched the Ireland v France game a few months ago and bought the Ireland top for the game,was gutted when they failed to qualify.

Basically all uk teams I follow almost on a parity (england the country im born )but love to see all do well.

Really sums people up when there actually getting themselves uptight (bitter and twisted)over a game of football saying "you lot have bragged 44 years,"!!!!

That is just pathetic I could get on about bein peed off working a 50 hour week whilst others don,t.My point here the bitter and twisted are often the ones I could raise bigger issues with not the fact they want nazi Germany to beat us.

Saddens me really does
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:35 am

nice post muffer...

I really can't get my head round it tbh.

I can understand the banter, and i do have a wee pop at khenny and redbull from time to time on the scottish front, I expect (and recieve Wink ) the same back from them, and i hope they know its all in jest.

But as for not wanting Wales/Ireland/Scotland to do well? why on earth would i want that? The only time i dont support the rest of Britain is when theyre playing England. If Scotland or Ireland had made the wold cup for instance, I'd be cheering them on all the way, unless they happened to meet England.

Jen was chatting to a m8 in work who loves tennis but doesnt support Murray because he is scottish and not english! WTF!

Britain vs the world imo.

Oh and one other thing - reading that scottish sun, the hatred is there for all to see, but I dont think I've ever seen that hatred in the "english" Sun towards another part of Britain. Just weird, depressing, and all seems rather childish.
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:55 am

You do realise the problem don't you?

Where does most hatred stem from (And I'm trying to include a few extra words because if I don't this post will be seen as a dig/ a joke/ me being funny, when in fact I'm being deadly serious)?

It stems from jealousy. In this instance anyway. That's the reason the Scottish Sun post this, yet the English Sun is behind Andy.

I too, like to see all of Great Britain do well. Rick, it's the same reason everyone hates ManU, and now Chelsea. Year after year I see you beating my team - it's fcking annoying and therefore easy to hate. I think all English fans should be content in the knowledge that playing absolutely shite, terrible, giving 10% of what they can, with injuries galore, are still better than the teams from the rest of the British Isles - and in fact, better than every other country in the world, bar about 16.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:22 am

It's not jealousy m8 honest!

It's just purely and simply rivalry when it comes to sport. I am a Celtic fan and to say I am jealous of Rangers would be madness.

It's exactly the same when it comes to Scotland/England. Jealous? Never in a million years. I'm a card carrying member of the SNP so being classed as British is not something I have ever delighted in.

At the Olympics I support Scottish athletes and don't much care what happens outside of that. It's not anti English as much as it is pro Scottish.

One thing that did open my eyes lately was when my nephews and also my niece's boyfriend joined the forces. One a marine, one in the Paras and the other in the RAF. All went through with flying colours and none of them were back-squaded. The disturbing thing was that each of them said they encountered a lot of anti-Scottish feelings when they joined up. They were all goaded and asked "what are you doing in OUR army?" by their so called comrades.

That could be put down to a rogue idiot had it happened to ONE of them but it happened to all three in separate areas of the armed forces. It also wasn't just one rogue idiot in each case. So the anti English feelings we have when it comes to sport pale into insignificance when you put them next to anti Scottish incidents like this.

I still love you though Vad!

drinkin

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:27 am