SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+3
redbulldac
CARNIVORE04
Evo397bhp
7 posters

ISP's major issue

Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

ISP's major issue Empty ISP's major issue

Post  Evo397bhp Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Ok, for past 6 years used tiscal, bought out by talktlak and for past 10 days had wild con frops between 7pm and 10pm been a pain but not major until tonight . . .

Cost me quite a few thou in 3/6 hilo tonigh to the point threw the mouse through one of the monitors (so that +£140 tom for new 3rd monitor) . . .

Tried to call them but waste of time; what a supprise, if they can't afford to run a service why by it ?, contacts for trying to sell mobiles is only reason I can see .

So who is running what ISP is my question ?
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

ISP's major issue Empty Re: ISP's major issue

Post  Evo397bhp Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:09 pm

really pissed now...

The poor Indian lady had no idea why I was so miffed, and lets be honest why would she, when I just bet on a turn of a card what would be 6 months wages to her (the exploitation of the worlds work force is a disgrace) but . . . for fuck sake if your going to base you customer call centre in mumbai then at least employ the native tongue to the country your diverting the calls from !!!

I'm 100% none racist, just angry at a multi national playing the "on the cheap" option... that said are they that big ? or just think they are ?

My fault in part, coz lets be honest unless ya a chav you would not use them for a mobile contract never mind as your ISP provider when it's your living !!

Think I should be writing there next PR brochure !! NOT.. TWATARDS
    CARNIVORE04
    CARNIVORE04

SPS Chips : 1377

Post  CARNIVORE04 Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:45 pm

I think we all been there at some point or other.

I been with AOL and have had no probs for years until recently after they rang me to change the contract im on which i refused to do cause its like super cheap and i have no limits whatsoever. Since then im probably disconnecting once a night but after calling them they say no not our end etc etc etc. It prob is just coincidence for me but i have such a suspicious mind Suspect

Anyways im free to change anytime i like so have been trying so see whats on offer. I spoke to a BT engineer who recommended BT for me since they are just about to finish putting in the fibre obtic cables in my area. This was not the reason he said to join them. What he said was they all gonna be pretty much the same but at least with BT you get an English speaking person in th call centre when you wanna complain lol cussing
    redbulldac
    redbulldac

SPS Chips : 333

Post  redbulldac Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:03 pm

i am 02 not had problems with them at all but i think even sky has got a good system up and running Laughing
    geordieneil
    geordieneil

SPS Chips : 332
    Favourite hand : aces are u fookin stupid

Post  geordieneil Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:05 pm

CARNIVORE04 wrote:I think we all been there at some point or other.

I been with AOL and have had no probs for years until recently after they rang me to change the contract im on which i refused to do cause its like super cheap and i have no limits whatsoever. Since then im probably disconnecting once a night but after calling them they say no not our end etc etc etc. It prob is just coincidence for me but i have such a suspicious mind Suspect

Anyways im free to change anytime i like so have been trying so see whats on offer. I spoke to a BT engineer who recommended BT for me since they are just about to finish putting in the fibre obtic cables in my area. This was not the reason he said to join them. What he said was they all gonna be pretty much the same but at least with BT you get an English speaking person in th call centre when you wanna complain lol cussing

no m8 i'm with bt, they're expensive and u also get directed to indian call centres.
    go with orange homebroadband, they give u a free dongle as back up, and if you know a bird who works there;) u can get a free laptop out of them too.
    if ur an existing orange mobile customer u can get excellent deals with them
    and orange ARE an english speaking call cantre and IT assistance (well geordie,so nearly english speaking,like pet)
    gleswegian

SPS Chips : 4

Post  gleswegian Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:13 pm

virginmedia if you can get it super fast and in the main reliable,,,,tho still have to deal with indian call centres sadly
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:18 pm

gleswegian wrote:virginmedia if you can get it super fast and in the main reliable,,,,tho still have to deal with indian call centres sadly

yup agreed

i have Virgin cable, and one of my favourite things is that they dont fck about. If internet or tv goes down, then its down, they turn it all off and fix it. We've had a couple of occurences in the last year where its been off for a day or 2. But this in my mind is far better than a few days or week of it being on but unreliable.

As for the phone line internet providers, I'm not really sure which is best, they all seem to have had issues in their time. AOL seem to get a lot of problems, and BT the least, but thats just my impression, based on my m8s complaints!
    swishtony
    swishtony

SPS Chips : 116

Post  swishtony Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:45 am

When I used to play I had many nightmares with this issue. Tried loads of providers, all seemed to have problems.

Now use fast.co.uk - can only say absolutely brilliant, over 3 years and ONE issue where connection was down for 2 hours or so. Slightly pricey but you get what you pay for. Also UK support on a regular land line number, never have to wait for anyone to answer phone as it seems tech support are very rarely required. Phoned them a few times about some settings for a new router, they were so clued up and answered phone immediately every time.

As I say, not the cheapest but if a granite connection is critical and you lose $$ due to dc's then well worth spending the extra few pounds IMO.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:01 am