SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+3
tripedd
GlasgowAlex
sexyamy83
7 posters

burning the Qaran

Poll

Should the koran be burnt on 9/11

[ 2 ]
    burning the Qaran Bar_left25%burning the Qaran Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    burning the Qaran Bar_left13%burning the Qaran Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 3 ]
    burning the Qaran Bar_left38%burning the Qaran Bar_right [38%] 

Total Votes: 8
    sexyamy83
    sexyamy83

SPS Chips : 265
    Favourite hand : 2 7 offsuit aslong as its against a weak opponent

burning the Qaran Empty burning the Qaran

Post  sexyamy83 Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:39 pm

What are your views guys.
    GlasgowAlex
    GlasgowAlex

SPS Chips : 467
    Favourite hand : Gladly shove all my chips in with AA

burning the Qaran Empty Re: burning the Qaran

Post  GlasgowAlex Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:16 pm

I already Use it as toilet paper
    tripedd

SPS Chips : 205

Post  tripedd Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:51 am

All races and religions are all fundamentally the same, all human beings. It is only the people who are at the centre of the profiteering and the systems of control created by organised religion that are to blame. A few elite people helping instill fear and hate throughout our world. As for the of the burning of the Quaran i dont agree with that but it is perfect fuel for Americas fake war on terror. The funny thing is the Quaran and the Bible more or less tell the same ancient religious story. Weird how they all hate each other isnt it. Peace
    Muffer
    Muffer

SPS Chips : 163

burning the Qaran Empty lol

Post  Muffer Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:34 am

To be honest is it the koran really the problem here............or peoples misperception of it.

I don,t for one minute agree with the disrespect for women the religion seems to give but at the same time it has nothing to do with me.
    The burkha in England is wrong tho as it gives people the chance to hide there faces which I feel can lead to crime.(would I be allowed in harrods with a balaclava)!!!!.
    I think terrorism has little to do with this book it is the minority of ignorant people with low self esteem and disregard for there fellow muslims bringing the world into disrepute ...not muslims on the whole.
    The problem here is the fact terrorism has and always will be a money market or those at the top to use it as a get rich using those with a little less brains as cattle on a farm milking them .
    Prime fact here is the opium fields in Afghan ..the war there is to stop those growing the crop to make money to pay for weapons and gl to all fighting ............sadly the koran has nowt to do with this.
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:44 am

My views are that the fella is clearly insane or completely deluded.

As for the reaction; that's what you'd exspect from a nation/people that do don't do don't do don't do don't want the help of the west.

And of course, as pointed out, it's all about the money. No man truly believes when he's at the top. A Radio 5 listener put it well this morning. How can those at the top in the Vatican believe in God when they're nobbing the little boys and girls? Is that God's teaching? No - it's every man woman and child for themselves. Sorry to tell everyone this, but everyone of us on this plant=et are selfish pricks. It's just what levels you go to that separate us.
    redbulldac
    redbulldac

SPS Chips : 333

Post  redbulldac Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:01 pm

as long as there is religion there will be wars
    GlasgowAlex
    GlasgowAlex

SPS Chips : 467
    Favourite hand : Gladly shove all my chips in with AA

Post  GlasgowAlex Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:30 pm

redbulldac wrote:as long as there is religion there will be wars
    And cliques
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:49 am

redbulldac wrote:As long as there areis religion humans on Earth, there will be wars

FYP Shocked

EDIT: I've added this because I've just voted. I'm horrified that people I regularly post with would a) condone the burning of any book and b)not give a shit. I'm far from PC but; fck me!; I have some respect and manners! I'm frankly disgusted.

It does make for a more interesting debate though. Embarassed Shocked
    tripedd

SPS Chips : 205

Post  tripedd Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:29 am

I think Redbull and Madv are both right . Everyone knows that most wars in history have had something to do with religion. (usually directly) Also i believe that human nature has a lot to do with the fact there are many conflicts(whether down the pub or on the battlefield). I also believe though because we are so conditioned like sheep we are pushed away from the side of human nature that does not wish conflict.
    As for burning the book or any ones religious book it is wrong try to show everyone and everything the respect you would hope to be shown by others ........then there would be no wars(heres hoping)
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:47 am

My two-penneth...

The whole book burning thing just strikes me as immature and stupid.

The USA and us have troops in a country, why would that pastor want to offend that whole country and possibly cause violence towards his own countries troops? what a twat.

And how old is he anyway, he's so annoyed with them he's gonna burn their books? Why doesnt he make some posters and stick em all round his church as well. Oh wait... he has. Just another indication of how the most powerful country in the world is still in the dark ages on some issues, and how its mainly populated by twonks.

As for blaming the whole religion and all its followers, well thats just daft. If every muslim wanted to blow up america, there wouldnt be anything left to aim at.

Blaming wars/terrorism and violence on religion is a bit like blaming murder on jealousy and greed. Yes most murders are caused by jealousy and greed, but that doesnt mean everyone who is jealous or greedy is going to murder someone. At the end of the day, all the bad in this world is caused by humans. We're no different really to the rest of the animals on this planet, we've just learnt interesting ways to hurt and kill each other, and been blessed with just enough intelligence to have an opinon that might make us want to.

I feel this needs a nice ending, so lets go with some advice....