SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

3 posters

playin pocket 9s short stacked o o p

joeyceee

SPS Chips : 10

playin pocket 9s short stacked o o p Empty playin pocket 9s short stacked o o p

Post  joeyceee Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:26 am

first of all thanks for your valuable comments from previous post...
    this situation i found myself in, always causes me a dilemma....mtt.. mid point in tourney blinds 400/800 me 3rd to act in 10 seat table my stack 4000.. I have : 9h 9s .. on this occasion I raised to 2000 one caller the small blind (he has 14000)... flop comes As Qc 5d small blind bets 2000.. I folded... my question is should I just get em all in pre flop when I am short stacked and oop ? or should/could I fold pre flop? my feeling is if I am "in postion" I could just call otherwise its shove em all in, or fold ...
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

playin pocket 9s short stacked o o p Empty Re: playin pocket 9s short stacked o o p

Post  wildrick Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:02 am

hi m8

well first up, if you have 5-6 bbs or less you shouldnt ever be raise/folding, and apart from AA KK or a really random event, im just shoving if im playing a hand.

Unlike some people im happy to fold small pps in early pos with 5-6 bbs, but 99 is big enough to just flat shove here imho.

Basically if you want to play a less than premium hand with around 5-6bbs just shove, and if you dont or arent sure, then dump it.
    KunkuWap
    KunkuWap
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 47

playin pocket 9s short stacked o o p Empty Re: playin pocket 9s short stacked o o p

Post  KunkuWap Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:07 pm

4000 stack....1200 already in middle. Effective stack 3.5M or 3.5 orbits around the table before you have no chips left = DANGER ZONE = PUSH any 2 cards to get the 1200 in middle to breathe...

You get dealt 99....you are in heaven. You thank god and gladly go all in.

gl

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:16 am