SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+2
Evo397bhp
POKERGOD1980
6 posters

Hello All Forum buddy's Bit of help please

POKERGOD1980

SPS Chips : 4

Hello All Forum buddy's Bit of help please Empty Hello All Forum buddy's Bit of help please

Post  POKERGOD1980 Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:01 am

Hello all finaly got my activation email @ 00:30 this morining lol...

Right as there are many threads and post to get through on here, was wondering if some of you could give me some aadvice without me trawling through internet...

I dont do too badly in MTT cashing in alot, and my cash game although only at 10 and 20 cent and 25 and 50 cent is going well most nights on laddie i sit at 3 cash table and double my buy in of 20 bucks to 40, most of the time do get some bad beats but just reload and double lol..... some nights i turn the 20 into 100 plus... now my question is as i hate asking but how do you work out the math and probabilty in poker, i play 6 seaters and 10 seaters MTT any help would be greatly recieved..... hopefuly i can turn my mild success, into offline success...

thanks guys..
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Hello All Forum buddy's Bit of help please Empty Re: Hello All Forum buddy's Bit of help please

Post  Evo397bhp Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:59 am

POKERGOD1980 wrote:Hello all finaly got my activation email @ 00:30 this morining lol...

Right as there are many threads and post to get through on here, was wondering if some of you could give me some aadvice without me trawling through internet...

I dont do too badly in MTT cashing in alot, and my cash game although only at 10 and 20 cent and 25 and 50 cent is going well most nights on laddie i sit at 3 cash table and double my buy in of 20 bucks to 40, most of the time do get some bad beats but just reload and double lol..... some nights i turn the 20 into 100 plus... now my question is as i hate asking but how do you work out the math and probabilty in poker, i play 6 seaters and 10 seaters MTT any help would be greatly recieved..... hopefuly i can turn my mild success, into offline success...

thanks guys..

Hi and welcome,

Well in basic terms with 52 cards and the only "known cards" pre-flop are your own, so any random card has a 1 in 50 chance of flopping 1st then 1 in 49 and final flop card a 1 in 48, this is then divided by outs..

so with any poc pair the chance of hitting a set on the flop is around 7.5 to 1 but you have to add into this "probability" so if you have been re-popped by a stack shove you have to allow that X% of the time the shover will be holding an Ace so with AA in your hand your shooting to more like 15 to 1..

Rick is really the man for the maths side i'm just a lucky MUFFISHDONKEY me tongue

would sugest reading "Odds and Probability" by Matthew Hilger...top book and you will quickly learn the "odds" tables.

Sorry for any bad spelling as there is still no spell check for plebs like me bounce
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Hello All Forum buddy's Bit of help please Empty Re: Hello All Forum buddy's Bit of help please

Post  wildrick Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:43 pm

hi there pokergod m8, and welcome to our forum What a Face Great to have you here.

The odds and probabilities... Can you be more specific, and ill see what i can do?
    RedKite

SPS Chips : 16

Post  RedKite Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:44 pm

The biggest problem with Odds etc is that while you may learn them off by heart , there is a very very good chance that your opponent will not have a scooby doo and will completely bamboozle you with their play Razz
    POKERGOD1980

SPS Chips : 4

Hello All Forum buddy's Bit of help please Empty to WILDRICK

Post  POKERGOD1980 Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:55 am

hiya mate good to be here.. what i mean is in general, odds of hitting, odds of hitting one of your drawing cards etc, pot odds, whether its worth while calling or raising any help greatly recieved

cheers m8
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:19 am

POKERGOD1980 wrote:hiya mate good to be here.. what i mean is in general, odds of hitting, odds of hitting one of your drawing cards etc, pot odds, whether its worth while calling or raising any help greatly recieved

cheers m8

Like I say try the book i suggested, will cover all the above, but like Redkite said if your playing cheaper buyin games implied odd's really go out the window as so many peeps at this level will stack off with TPTK on turn after a flop caller.
    phinnies1
    phinnies1
    Admin

SPS Chips : 121

Post  phinnies1 Sun May 10, 2009 3:57 pm

there is an article on this site relating to odds.
    geminis
    geminis

SPS Chips : 208

Post  geminis Sun May 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi pokergod welcome to the forum welcome

On the main site their are a few articals that may interest u, the area is called the study..
    Here is a link to a maths section in the study Smile. http://www.sharkpokerschool.com/the-study/poker-maths/

study

I hope this helps a bit, gl at the tables.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:16 am