SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+4
phinnies1
wildrick
trapsetter
crowfoot
8 posters

Its not much, but.....

crowfoot
    crowfoot

SPS Chips : 158

Its not much,  but..... Empty Its not much, but.....

Post  crowfoot Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Just a small win in a $6 90 player ko, $144 as its the 1st for a while, hope you dont mind me sharing it. Ive moved from Ladjokes Twisted Evil to Full of tits, sorry tilt.
    I like the mtts but its not easy to go deep,been playing at low level, because there is loose on there and beats abound. Ive been getting frustrated, and bankroll has suffered any advice would be warmly welcomed. Very Happy

Last edited by wildrick on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : strange emoticon issue lol)
    trapsetter
    trapsetter

SPS Chips : 249

Its not much,  but..... Empty Re: Its not much, but.....

Post  trapsetter Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:37 pm

I used to play the lower limit KOs, one word.....
    DONKFESTS!!!!!
    I won a couple but never really did very well with them, better off in the normal games!!
    Try the non-turbo 180 games
    trapsetter
    trapsetter

Post  trapsetter Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:40 pm

Embarassed Embarassed

sorry 4got to mention......
    wp Congratulations
    a win is still a WIN, now go and slap it on a replayer and watch in awe of urself lol
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:12 pm

hey hey crowfoot m8

n1 m8, winning whatever you are playing is always great m8, keep it up! And we certainly dont mind you bragging - in fact we encourage it lol. Wins are much more fun if you can tell everyone lol. God knows poker players get enough losing runs, we deserve to celebrate the wins woop!

There's some good double stack mtts on full tilt, well worth keeping an eye out for those, keeps a bit of the bingo element out of the game, and also discourages the bingo players from entering in the first place i find. Not sure about the low end buy ins, but i know theres a couple of nice $22+2 in the mid range, certainly worth a look.

when you move to a new site its always best to stick to lower stakes than you are used to for a while anyway, just till you feel a bit more comfortable with the site and features etc.

good luck on the tables m8, and hope to see you drop in here often!

good job
    phinnies1
    phinnies1
    Admin

SPS Chips : 121

Post  phinnies1 Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:37 pm

My advice for the low stakes donk fests is to see as many cheap flops as you can early doors, keep it reasonably tight still but if you get hands with good potential and a chance to see a cheap flop, get in there, I detest open limping later in mtt's but I have no problem doing it in the first couple of levels with hands with good show down equity. You can build a good stack but just dont get involved in losing 1/2 ur stack chasing down weak flops where you caught bottom pair and try to improve.

As the game goes on many of the bingo players will get knocked out and you can open the agression as the blinds rise, it is often the case that weaker players have no idea how to handle an agressive player.

If you can afford it, try a session with somebody like Banksy who is an efficianado when it comes to late game agression at any level.
    scott
    scott

SPS Chips : 774

Post  scott Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:03 am

nice one m8! good to see you winning again. Shocked
    remember91
    remember91

SPS Chips : 130

Post  remember91 Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:06 am

Well played Stevie, your due to go on a run m8. Mind you've got a donk to take to Las Vegas!
    crowfoot
    crowfoot

SPS Chips : 158

Post  crowfoot Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks guys for advice and support Very Happy
    Bubster
    Bubster

SPS Chips : 396

Post  Bubster Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:46 am

n1 crow glgl
    geminis
    geminis

SPS Chips : 208

Post  geminis Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:33 pm

cheers wp, ive been told I should play more turbos to sort my lack of agression.... hmmm I am beginning to see a link to alot of my posts lol, all of em lacking in agression, maybe i should come watch u for a bit!
    Wd again and gl this weekend, god knows we all need a little luck from time to time Wink
    trapsetter
    trapsetter

Post  trapsetter Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:52 am

Hey gem, have u thought about playing in the dark??
    Im saying this as ive noticed in a couple of posts about you knocking urself down for not being aggressive enough!!

Get a stick-it note and put on ur screen where ur cards are. Drop into a small tourney and have fun!!!
    It really does show you how postion, aggression works without even thinking about ur cards!!

Its a good little exercise to do and helps to show you how much information your missing out on if your concentrating tooo much on ur own cards!!

Ive raised people preflop and got them to fold
    Ive raised got called, they donk bet the flop and ive come over the top without haing a clue what cards ive got and they fold... its quite funny!!

let me know ur thoughts and if you try it!!
    geminis
    geminis

SPS Chips : 208

Post  geminis Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:24 am

Hey trap, yes ive seen this kinda thing done b4, I think annette won an mtt doing the same thing.
    It sounds great fun and will have to give it a go Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:42 am