SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

5 posters

Bankroll Discussion

mal255
    mal255

SPS Chips : 13

Bankroll Discussion Empty Bankroll Discussion

Post  mal255 Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately *someone* lost their job on Friday. Evil or Very Mad

This totally sucks but my site makes me a little money so it's not the worst news in the world, and I'll find something soon. Plus I'm taking my life in a new direction and can afford to take my poker playing and see if it can really pay for me.

I have decided to play on Pokerstars, hoping to make around $500 per month as the rest is covered from other earnings. My roll is $500. Please note I understand I cannot expect to make that straight away, but would work up to that.

How would you play with this roll?

What would you play? 3 tables? 4? More? Cash only? What limit? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Please note the following:

* I understand playing poker when you must win with a low roll is a bad idea. My own life I can get away with this due to other factors. I do not condone desparation play.
    * My roll could be taken away and this would not effect my life in a terrible way, although it would smart a bit.
    * I just want to see if I can make it pay, sensibly and a little extra would help.

Last edited by mal255 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Bankroll Discussion Empty Re: Bankroll Discussion

Post  wildrick Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:07 pm

ul m8, sure you'll be fine Wink

u say you want to make $500 a month, but you dont say what roll you are playing off?
    mal255
    mal255

Post  mal255 Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:09 pm

Edited. Man your fast lol.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:33 pm

well it sounds like a fun grind!

Personally i dont enjoy the grind on cash so much as mtt/stt anymore, and 500 is too low to play mtts without risking your roll too quickly, so id be playing stt's on stars.

Id take the number of tables you feel confident with, and take one off it and play that many to start with.

I'd play $5 stts, and start mixing in $10 games when you get above 700 ish, and obv drop back to the $5s if you go back under 500. If you drop to below 300 then mbe play $5 double ups (less variance and easier to multi table).

gl with whatever you choose!
    mal255
    mal255

Post  mal255 Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Yeah if you sharkscope me I've been profitable for the few that I've played. Will be good to actually get back into it. I missed the beats! Thanks for the suggestions.
    bbmoney

SPS Chips : 20

Bankroll Discussion Empty $500 a month

Post  bbmoney Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:38 am

id play $10 double ups all day

$125 a week is less than $20 a day

this would be easy if you sit tight

no need to even play 2 tables let alone 3 or 4

id play ipoker rather than Stars though,these type games on there are very soft

like Rick say's leave the mtt's alone,no good for what your after

gl mate
    mal255
    mal255

Post  mal255 Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

I have played a few DON's and found them somewhat easy enough. One good hand is usually enough!

I'll give that a go. That's what I was thinking when considering what to do. Thanks.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:41 am

I'd agree here and be playing DoN SnG's $5 & $10 , but I'd not just be playing these to earn on or roll build...

The amount you want to earn per month is a very easy target for stars and should not present to much roll pressure if done right, keep in mind that playing 7 days a week is bad for your social life and mental state so for a start I would be looking to base my earnings on 5 days max, because lets be honest if you want to play for a living the up side of doing this job is the freedom it gives.

So that said 5 days a week and a target of $40 profit min ($25 for living $15 for roll build), if you have a good track record for STT's (cant be arsed to chk sharkscope soz) then I'd start my day playing 3 $5 DoN SnG's, once I had $15 then play 1 $5 and 1 $10 if cashing in both then next would be 2 x $10 and so on, once I had my target of $40 profit, I'd be looking to play 1x $5 DoN and 1 x $10 45 or 90 seat multi tab SnG, as at this point you have your $25 made and are re investing your roll profit (bar the buyin rake).

Times and days to play will be a large factor also, if you are going to do this on stars then I would suggest avoiding Saturdays and Tuesdays, these 2 days are the least profitable on Stars, although this may not be the case for these levels, times then for your DoN then early afternoon I would suggest is a good time and early eve for multi tab SnG's.

If you do play MTT's with the roll profit instead of Multi tab SnG's then you need to play early games with low field size, if you have the discipline then the $10 $30k gtd RB @ 1pm is very good at around 1100 players so is the $8 $35k gtd RB @ 3pm around 1400 players, you just have to play them as a freezout.

Good Luck in what ever path.
    mal255
    mal255

Post  mal255 Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Good post. I think I would take a crack at a larger tournament. I agree about not wanting to play 7 days a week! I'll try and keep everyone updated how I get on.
    Bubster
    Bubster

SPS Chips : 396

Post  Bubster Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:15 pm

hey mal, long time no see, how you doing m8? hows the poker treating you?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:14 pm