SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

4 posters

Oh dear!

scott
    scott

SPS Chips : 774

Oh dear! Empty Oh dear!

Post  scott Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:23 am

Was i too eager? should the other guy call a raise pre flop? could anyone fold after flop?.

** Hand # 2920885144 starting - 2009-10-26 20:59:48
    ** €750 GTD High Stack[3159299]:Table 23 [Multi Table Hold 'em] (200.00|400.00 NL - MTT) Real Money

celtickev sitting in seat 1 with 17615.88[Dealer]
    -marypoppins sitting in seat 2 with 9665.00
    Alanr512 sitting in seat 3 with 3720.00
    o1scott sitting in seat 4 with 5490.00
    KidJohnJay sitting in seat 5 with 4955.00
    banaveien sitting in seat 6 with 3752.50
    Manager sitting in seat 7 with 6380.00
    theredcat1 sitting in seat 8 with 12585.00
    pixx10 sitting in seat 9 with 4020.00
    theSmokinGun sitting in seat 10 with 9789.12[Sitting out]
    -marypoppins ante'd - 20.00
    Alanr512 ante'd - 20.00
    o1scott ante'd - 20.00
    KidJohnJay ante'd - 20.00
    banaveien ante'd - 20.00
    Manager ante'd - 20.00
    theredcat1 ante'd - 20.00
    pixx10 ante'd - 20.00
    theSmokinGun ante'd - 20.00
    celtickev ante'd - 20.00
    -marypoppins posted the small blind - 100.00
    Alanr512 posted the big blind - 200.00

** Dealing cards to o1scott: Ah, Kc
    o1scott raised to 585.00
    KidJohnJay folded
    banaveien folded
    Manager folded
    theredcat1 folded
    pixx10 folded
    theSmokinGun folded
    celtickev called - 585.00
    -marypoppins called - 585.00
    Alanr512 folded

** Dealing the flop: 8d, Ad, As
    -marypoppins checked
    o1scott bet - 1600.00
    celtickev called - 1600.00
    -marypoppins folded

** Dealing the turn: Qd
    o1scott bet - 2000.00
    celtickev raised to 4000.00
    o1scott went all-in - 1285.00
    celtickev shows: Jd, 7d

** Dealing the river: 5d
    celtickev wins 11925.00 from the main pot

Rake: 0.00
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

Oh dear! Empty Re: Oh dear!

Post  the hoooders Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:11 am

not done alot wrong there m8 imo,maybe bigger raise pre,but looks as if the big stack called in position and caught a flush draw, at this point i dont think he lays down, even if you check the turn,he going to fire a bet right at you,then you fold?(RICK),insummary vul! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by the hoooders on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chipped
    Chipped

SPS Chips : 134
    Favourite hand : Posh dog (k9 suited)

Post  Chipped Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:01 am

yuck, vul m8, fairly fishy call by oppo pre, but mbe your raise pre was too small?
    scott
    scott

Post  scott Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:28 am

Thanx peeps! I can see now after looking at it that my raise just was'nt big enuff.

any tips on how big a raise to put in relative to chipstacks and position. this hand/position seems to be a big prob in my game. lots to act after me, maybe an all in or two, and if i miss flop do i chase for an ace on turn or just fold and move on?
    KunkuWap
    KunkuWap
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 47

Post  KunkuWap Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:59 am

Hello ladies and gentleman,

Your raise of 585 at 100-200 is very standard. I personally like a smaller raise, as I like to raise a lot pre to steal the blinds + antes to increase my stack without confrontation...the easy way. As a result I need to lower my raise amounts due to the fact that I get played back at quite a bit.

Raising bigger here only indicates that you have a big hand and youll get no action. No action with premiums means you'll never do well in tournaments if you only play big hands. Also, when you go through dry card spell and you want to steal the blinds to stay alive, you don't want to have to risk 4x when the rewards aren't worth it.

The ONLY reason you are talking about raising bigger here is because you lost the hand. THat is being results orientated and not thinking about the overall game, the puzzle that is poker. Raising more because you lost the hand is TERRI-Bad logic.

As it happens, your bet on the flop I think is very bad. It is way too big, I think its about size of pot or bigger. What if you have 77 there and you just want to cbet the flop and be done with it. You need to think what would i do in this situation if i had air or missed the flop, and keep doing the same thing regardless of having nuts or air. When you start thinking about other situations, you improve your poker as you start to use foresight and improved logic.

Your opponent is a clear stone retarditude by only flat calling the $1600 for a flush draw. If anything, he should go all in as he may have some perceived fold equity. However calling is just atrocious there and in typical fashion, the idiot was rewarded.

AS it happens, you lost this hand however you play it, and just so you know, you are suppose to lose this hand. THat is just poker.

Just keep in mind some of my suggestions for future.

A better bet size on the flop would be around the half pot mark fwiw.

Remember, in MTTs you want to preserve your chips, you want to bet the least amount that achieves the same result. So if you were cbetting 89ss here or 10-10 or AK you want the bet to be the same and you want to give your opponenet a chance to bluff or play back when you have it. This is optimally achieved with a smaller bet, giving them more room to be creative.

IMHO.

best of luck

john
    scott
    scott

Post  scott Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:18 am

Thanks for that john. I will certainly be re-thinking how i play all bigger hands from now on!

cheers for the advice. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content