SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+4
phinnies1
wildrick
Overated
-shedboymuff
8 posters

stts

-shedboymuff
    -shedboymuff

SPS Chips : 9

stts Empty stts

Post  -shedboymuff Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:33 pm

ok wot advice would you give to some1 who is playing little mtts and mainly stts??

and how reliable is sharkscope for checking roi?

and wot kinda roi should i be aiming for???
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

stts Empty Re: stts

Post  Overated Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:39 am

What size buyin tourney do you noramlly play? there is 3 deepstack tourneys on between 9pm-12am on ipoker (buyins ranging from $25-$50 and these are very good value)

sharkscope is pretty reliable. Maybe would miss 1-2 results every few hundred

if you are playing $10 sngs then a good ROI to be looking for would be between 7%-10%
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:24 pm

well theres plenty of good cheap mtts about, look for highstacks/double stacks etc, theres some good ones on f.tilt ($24+$2 3000 chips, 1000 runners), and ipoker as over mentioned.

And yes sharkscope is very reliable for tracking your own ROI - tho on ipoker it doesnt track mtts. However for opponents, remember that a lot of networks (inc ipoker) allow more than one acct, so people may have good stats on one acct, and switch to another acct.

Don't get too bogged down with roi from sharkscope tho, as it takes a lot to change it once youve played a large number of games, so it doesnt focus on how your game is right now. Try keeping your own records, and looking how your roi varies week to week, day to day, etc rather than looking at it as a whole. As far as what roi to look for - well anything positive is a good start lol.

As a whole - shop around for value. if your playing a on a small site its easy to spot the poeple playing all the time, and you can avoid the players who seem to win lots in stt's with good table selection. Dont be tempted to play too high too quick, play satelites instead. If youre having a bad day, or don't feel in the mood, don't play, theres always tomorrow!
    phinnies1
    phinnies1
    Admin

SPS Chips : 121

Post  phinnies1 Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:57 pm

STT are very good on ipoker, I think the standard remains the same from $5 to $100 buyins.
    The ROI is not essential, I use Sharkscope to get an idea of my opponents abilities and invested in the HUD which saves typing in the names, a very good tool which definately gives you a read on your opponent before the 1st cards are dealt, losing players are typically always losing players and play accordingly!

If you can keep a ROI of 10% over 1000 stt then you are doing very well, dont forget the rake is huge and on a good deal you can expect to get a rake back of $1500 (at $30 level) over that number of games, so just breaking even at the tables (which inevitably gives you a small negative ROI) shows a decent profit, anything above that and you are making good money.
    -shedboymuff
    -shedboymuff

SPS Chips : 9

Post  -shedboymuff Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:29 am

am surrently playing $20 stts on ipoker
    my roi is 45% over 50 games i know this will prob drop over next 50 but when you search players there aint that many out there with huge roi's over a significant numbers of games!
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:20 am

If your going to make SnG's your regular income/form of poker I would highly suggest the "SnG Wizard" software.

Will track regulars and form a good picture over there shove range giving the user + or - EV advise on spots based on range (post play)

As in MTT's "the shove" point will always arrive but with STT's this is a critical part of the game and a good SnG strategy should be based around this, and to this end I found that it strengthened my shortstack play to point that I now prefer to be middle to lower end of a field in any MTT as I feel it's where my game has it's strength over other players who become desperate and a little lost as to what hands carry good EV or not.
    JPK
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 3

Post  JPK Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:52 am

Personally I don't, have never, and will never use SNG software to assist my decisions. These days it's so player dependent you have to adjust your call/shove range all the time; the game is not formulaic anymore, not unless you want to play the same as everyone else and pass the money around.

Sharkscope any known winning player and you won't find many with an ROI of 10%, in fact a well known Full Tilt SNG pro has an ROI of just 1% over several thousand games. If you can hit 5% longterm you're doing okay. To put that in perspective that's $5000 profit over 1000 games at $100 a game plus rakeback.
    remember91
    remember91

SPS Chips : 130

Post  remember91 Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:22 pm

Played 40 on Partypoker and my drunken ROI is 147%. Don't know if I need mentor or another wife lol. That pissed I just played a limit stt. Been put down to a 3 day week so sober poker looms. Beware ipoker and Party lol
    remember91
    remember91

SPS Chips : 130

Post  remember91 Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Tried poker office and sharkscope, but to be truthful I trust my own game now. My worst losing streak was using them.
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

Post  Overated Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:38 pm

JPK wrote:Personally I don't, have never, and will never use SNG software to assist my decisions. These days it's so player dependent you have to adjust your call/shove range all the time; the game is not formulaic anymore, not unless you want to play the same as everyone else and pass the money around.

Sharkscope any known winning player and you won't find many with an ROI of 10%, in fact a well known Full Tilt SNG pro has an ROI of just 1% over several thousand games. If you can hit 5% longterm you're doing okay. To put that in perspective that's $5000 profit over 1000 games at $100 a game plus rakeback.

icm is a must if you want to be a winning sng player at the high levels. obv you don't need it for the droolers at $5-$20 but from $50 upwards it is key to maximizing your winrate
    JPK
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 3

Post  JPK Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:14 pm

to beat the bigger games you have to do strange things; ICM is obviously a factor but it is only that. You must go against the grain of what everyone else is doing to beat the game consistently and at $100+ everyone these days are playing by the same rules.

Just my tuppence.
    ruud
    ruud

SPS Chips : 66

Post  ruud Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:17 am

JPK wrote:to beat the bigger games you have to do strange things; ICM is obviously a factor but it is only that. You must go against the grain of what everyone else is doing to beat the game consistently and at $100+ everyone these days are playing by the same rules.

Just my tuppence.

wise words methinks, theres so little dead money in the higher end stts, everyone is a fairly decent standard and playing a standard way wont get you very far. mtts is a different matter entirely, where theres lots of people who satelite in, or just arent that good.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:05 pm

wise words methinks, theres so little dead money in the higher end stts, everyone is a fairly decent standard and playing a standard way wont get you very far. mtts is a different matter entirely, where theres lots of people who satelite in, or just arent that good.

I think the point of ICM has got lost a little here some how ?, this is a equity model and nothing to do with playing a "Standard" game?.
    ICM does not take into account many factors of equity that you may hold over other players at the table like skill level, but if your playing 30+ Sng's a day ICM is a valuable tool when reviewing the days play, I agree that it becomes of less value in the lower buyin range but the ability to review played hands and ranges is a important part of any SnG players arsenal of tools "SnG Wizard" is a fantastic tool for this but so is "Holdem manager" with it's built-in "hand range tool" and "ICM" combining pokerstove and good tracking software.

There is still a lot of dead money in SnG,s especially at the higher end of Steps,Ladder,Stage HiLo SnG's

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:14 pm