SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+3
the hoooders
khenny
danowski69
7 posters

Who would you choose to have over for dinner?

danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

Who would you choose to have over for dinner? Empty Who would you choose to have over for dinner?

Post  danowski69 Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:17 am

The rules are simple.
    Pick upto 4 people dead or alive and say why you' have them over for each one.

1: Steven Fry...for his genius, intelligence, wit and charm
    2: Thierry Henry....I dont need a reason. (but i want to know how he does some of the things he did for arsenal, like the flick up over the head, spun and volly 30 yds out at charlton)
    3: Nell Mcandrew....Wow she is the goddess of them all
    4: Jeremy Clarkson...Wide knowledge and sure to be funny

I leave it with you...peace out ya'll
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Who would you choose to have over for dinner? Empty Re: Who would you choose to have over for dinner?

Post  khenny Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:45 am

Think I would have to have the current Celtic manager. Doesn't matter who it is they would always be on my list so.....

Tony Mowbray. For the inside details (hopefully)
    Muhammad Ali. He wouldn't need to say anything. His presence would be enough.
    Daniel Negreanu. My total fav player of all time.
    Jennifer Aniston. Nuff said.
    Isabelle "no mercy" Mercier. Poker AND totty. cheers

I'm sure there are loads more so I'll mull it over.

About your 4th choice Danny I think you mistyped it m8 so I'll fix it for you.

4th: Jeremy Clarkson... Wide knowledge (of cars) and sure to be a fanny.

woop! woop! woop!
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

Who would you choose to have over for dinner? Empty Re: Who would you choose to have over for dinner?

Post  the hoooders Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:13 am

there only 1 i would have and that is JEZZA KYLE,he my hero!!! hide lmao
    fluffb
    fluffb

SPS Chips : 368

Post  fluffb Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:15 am

1,cheryl cole

as for the menu.
    for starters would be wine
    the main course would be wine
    and for desert would be wine with a vodka dash.

or id have 'overated'

id like to meet him in person if u know wot i mean.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:17 am

fluffb wrote:1,cheryl cole

as for the menu.
    for starters would be wine
    the main course would be wine
    and for desert would be wine with a vodka dash.

or id have 'overated'

id like to meet him in person if u know wot i mean.

Would I be right in thinking your intent was to get the aforementioned Mrs Cole drunk? affraid
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:18 am

Clarkson gets my vote coz he;s so funny and was born in my village :-)
    My mum went to school with kev keegan, and the chuckle brothers used to live 2 mins away, also paul daniels and seth from emmerdale live my way out :-)
    lesley garratts mum taught me history at school :-)

Its a good old place to live, except the rape pillige and murder loooooooooool

Jezza Kyle, u only love him coz he gave u ya big time break appearing on his show with ya 5 pikey kids and ya shell-suit lmao
    love ya bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvAAAAAA :-)
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:20 am

With his overrated comment im thinking he's hoping to get him intoxicated for a bit of bromance lol

just kidding, calm down Laughing
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:08 am

It's a tough one if you're only allowed 4!

1) Albert Einstein (so he can finally explain his theory of relativity in a way I'll understand - Horizon tried last night, but I got swallowed like the universe around a black hole);
    2) Thomas Edison (The number 1 entrepreneur);
    3) Delia Smith (you don't think I'm doing the cooking do you?);
    4) Adolf Hitler (what a mind, what a waste, what evil).

There are so many I could put in that list I just don't know where to start. As for any footballers, they wouldn't even make it on my top 100 table!
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:13 am

That's some size of table you have m8! Top 100? Whole site down to MADV's for Xmas din dins then?

I didn't realise we were allowed dead people. Not too recently dead otherwise the smell would be.....well let's just say not nice shall we?
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:23 am

1. Kurt Cobain - For some tunes apres dinner
    2. Eddie Izzard - Pure entertainment value
    3. Jamie Oliver - Legend - Yes I'm a bit gay but I dont care
    4. Stu Ungar - Gotta have a game of poker after...
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:42 am

wildrick wrote:1. Kurt Cobain - For some tunes apres dinner
    2. Eddie Izzard - Pure entertainment value
    3. Jamie Oliver - Legend - Yes I'm a bit gay but I dont care
    4. Stu Ungar - Gotta have a game of poker after...

Good call, Rick, I missed Stuey. From all I've read, seen and heard, that's one man I'd love to sit at a table with. Pure genius, unfortunately went the way of most geniuses! I nearly went for Jamie Oliver as well, but the tw** would just pish me off with that accent. Plus, Delias a far better cook!

And, Khenny, I didn't realise either until I went back and read the actual post. That's what 5 years of doing research does to you.
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:46 am

khenny wrote:That's some size of table you have m8! Top 100? Whole site down to MADV's for Xmas din dins then?

I didn't realise we were allowed dead people. Not too recently dead otherwise the smell would be.....well let's just say not nice shall we?

I've already got my own football team (lots of kids) to cater for but you're more than welcome, Khenny, if you're stuck! Christmas is one time of the year where I excel. My mum said this year's dinner was the best she'd ever had. That's saying something considering she's 68 and cooked about the last 50!

Oh, and don't ask me why, I guess it's because I'm opening up my taste buds but I now eat sprouts!!! Argh!

One for Rick (who knew me for enough years!) - I now eat:
    Lettuce
    Spring Onion
    Radish
    Parsnip
    Sprouts
    Cabbage
    Carrots
    Sweetcorn
    Lamb
    Medium steak
    All wonder of sauces and pastas

and a few others I can't quite think of now.

That's some going considering me lol!
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:47 am

MADV wrote:
    Oh, and don't ask me why, I guess it's because I'm opening up my taste buds but I now eat sprouts!!! Argh!

One for Rick (who knew me for enough years!) - I now eat:
    Lettuce
    Spring Onion
    Radish
    Parsnip
    Sprouts
    Cabbage
    Carrots
    Sweetcorn
    Lamb
    Medium steak
    All wonder of sauces and pastas

and a few others I can't quite think of now.

That's some going considering me lol!

Now that is quite impressive! I'm pretty sure that your list of what you did eat used to be shorter than that... And medium steak, we're getting there Wink
    nikthebad
    nikthebad

SPS Chips : 114

Post  nikthebad Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:55 am

MADV wrote:

Medium

surely you mean overcooked Wink
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:19 am

nikthebad wrote:
    MADV wrote:

Medium

I mean dead. I don't want it to talk back to me. It depends what it is though. I like my rump steak cooked for an hour in a pint of Bisto 9amongst other stuff). It's more tender than fillet and tastes 5 times as good. If you can tell me any reason why I shouldn't do it like this, go ahead.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

Post  wildrick Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:08 am

MADV wrote:
    nikthebad wrote:
    MADV wrote:

Medium

I mean dead. I don't want it to talk back to me. It depends what it is though. I like my rump steak cooked for an hour in a pint of Bisto 9amongst other stuff). It's more tender than fillet and tastes 5 times as good. If you can tell me any reason why I shouldn't do it like this, go ahead.

No reason why you shouldnt cook your rump steak like this, if thats how you like it!

However, If you're going to cook rump steak for that long, you may as well buy Stewing steak, flank steak, etc (any cheapo cut basically) and cook it for 4 hours. It'll taste the same or better, and at half the price. Wink

Fillet steak on the otherhand - It has to be Blue, Rare, m-rare, or (at a push) medium. Anything over that is a complete waste of good steak, just buy sirloin or rump instead.
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:45 am

wildrick wrote:
    MADV wrote:
    nikthebad wrote:
    MADV wrote:

Medium

No reason why you shouldnt cook your rump steak like this, if thats how you like it!

However, If you're going to cook rump steak for that long, you may as well buy Stewing steak, flank steak, etc (any cheapo cut basically) and cook it for 4 hours. It'll taste the same or better, and at half the price. Wink

Fillet steak on the otherhand - It has to be Blue, Rare, m-rare, or (at a push) medium. Anything over that is a complete waste of good steak, just buy sirloin or rump instead.

Thank you for the advice, sir. Smile I don't by fillet now I've left Kath! She was the one with expensive tastes. I did get a piece of Sirloin from Sainsbury's over the weekend though for £1.50 instead of £5! It's brown already just like I like it. Any recipe ideas? I've done all the usual steak things, anything different? I'm into trying all sorts at the moment. No fancy chit though that makes my steak cost me another £10!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:47 pm