SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

3 posters

€1.75k rebuy Ladbrokes

roman_reel
    roman_reel

SPS Chips : 35

€1.75k rebuy  Ladbrokes Empty €1.75k rebuy Ladbrokes

Post  roman_reel Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:10 pm

I don't know how to display all the cards and features at the mo and its late at night so bare with me plz..

13 left in 1.75k rebuy and I'm in 9 place but have 2 massive stacks who just before were hitting cards for fun.

Blinds 2,000/4,000
    Total Pot 8,400

roman_reel 63,244 UG
    T1NT1N70 109,662
    creamsoda66 26,973
    winaloto-199 39,320
    trotter_kk 350,020
    crandy76 286,699.50 BB

I am dealt AK soot under gun, what do u do
    My 1st reaction was to go in knowing both of them will call and if I dodge I would be healthy for ft.
    If I limp and miss I'm fooked.
    If I make a decent raze they will call.
    So I thought F* it, I'm in.

trotter_kk wins 180k pot hitting Q high

Did I make the right move? and could I have played it another way?
    Mumbolungo
    Mumbolungo

SPS Chips : 200

€1.75k rebuy  Ladbrokes Empty Re: €1.75k rebuy Ladbrokes

Post  Mumbolungo Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:29 pm

Hiya m8 I am a newbie over here and trying to improve my game so I love posting and replying to poker hands as it really can improve your game. I would like to make a few comments on the hand if you dont mind, hopefully the guys over here will post their comments when I show my flawed thinking- then I will learn a bit too!

2000/4000 blinds so you have around 16 Big Blinds and the villan around 90 Big Blinds and as you said is hitting cards for fun- he can call your all in.
    A-K sooted is still only a drawing hand and under the gun I would limp in-to the other players this can look like a play with a strong hand, wanting to get re-raised. If you were to get re-raised by anyone but the 2 massive stacks I probably would re-raise all in as the A-K plays better when you see all 5 cards. Basically I am wanting to get heads up with another short stack or see the flop and if not hitting get away and hope a better oportunity comes soon.

Right you lot- rip the Newbie to shreads! affraid
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:19 am

Tough one, don't think your play is wrong but...

You have 16 BB but with a false M of 7 as the game is shorthanded, if the 2 shortstacks go out within the next 4 hands on there blinds then your going to bleed 7600 giving you just 55k so folding is WAY OUT, the next level on the FT will be 3,000/6,000 600 ante dropping your M to 3.5 and almost a shove any 2 position, if one shortstack dbl's against the other which is more likely the case then your situation is far worse, if both double then you will be going towards a coin flip shove anyway.

So from a logic point of view the math's say SHOVE, the only trouble with this is half of AK value is in pre flop fold equity, with 2 call stations then this is taken away and halving the strength of your hand, now on the plus side the player on 26k is in a worse position, there is a good chance he will shove with any 2 (or at least he should), as he should also knows there are 2 call stations to follow him giving him a chance to triple up, at the same time giving your stack a 26k boost ontop of the dbl up.

So the trouble is how do you get the money in the middle and bring along one of the shortstacks as well as 1 of the call stations, an OPEN shove relies on the shortstack players having some sort of a hand to come in, and if all fold your not really in any better position so..

With all the above in mind I'd lean towards a 2.5x open 10k making 18k+ pot this should look attractive to either of shortstacks to push with any 2 as they may think you have enough to fold to a re-raise bringing along the stations at the same time and getting all the money in pre flop.. if they fold and the stations call (2 with any luck) then I'd revert to a kind of STOP and GO play as the pot will be 28k or 38k post flop with 54k shove on any flop gives you the added strength of a post flop fold on there part if not then good chance with 6 outs twice.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:33 am

Mumbolungo wrote:Hiya m8 I am a newbie over here and trying to improve my game so I love posting and replying to poker hands as it really can improve your game. I would like to make a few comments on the hand if you dont mind, hopefully the guys over here will post their comments when I show my flawed thinking- then I will learn a bit too!

2000/4000 blinds so you have around 16 Big Blinds and the villan around 90 Big Blinds and as you said is hitting cards for fun- he can call your all in.
    A-K sooted is still only a drawing hand and under the gun I would limp in-to the other players this can look like a play with a strong hand, wanting to get re-raised. If you were to get re-raised by anyone but the 2 massive stacks I probably would re-raise all in as the A-K plays better when you see all 5 cards. Basically I am wanting to get heads up with another short stack or see the flop and if not hitting get away and hope a better oportunity comes soon.

Right you lot- rip the Newbie to shreads! affraid

Your thoughts are correct if it were a full table at the mid stage of the tourney and stacks were deep v the blinds, but at these stacks with the 3k/6k level looming to limp with AK in any position is to weak, and giving away equity to 2 call stations, say you limp, SB makes up (1 call staion) take it the others in the BB already, with the exception of your 8k, only the SB has invested anything, ACE high flop they fold and you only collect the blinds +4k , this wil not change your situation, you need to make good money with your big hands at this stage of the game.
    Mumbolungo
    Mumbolungo

SPS Chips : 200

Post  Mumbolungo Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:36 am

A quality answer Evo thanks very much! study
    roman_reel
    roman_reel

SPS Chips : 35

€1.75k rebuy  Ladbrokes Empty Re: €1.75k Rebuy Ladbrokes

Post  roman_reel Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:44 am

Thanks for your input guys,when I saw AK soot I thought to myself, I DON'T WANNA give 8.4k chips away plus the 4k ive put in lol.

I forgot to tell u the short stacks were doing bricks and waiting for prem hands cos like I said the big boys were hitting for fun.

I decided to watch for five minutes and saw T1NT1N do the absolute reverse of what I did with good hands, limping with AK and AQ and lost 20k in the process. But he had 100k stack to start with(decent player in my eyes)and one of the big stacks tighten up when he saw the showdown cards. Sadly he finish 8th when I checked the LB 20 minutes later, thought he had a good chance of top 3.

Next time I will limp and see how that turns out. Always nice to hear a different point of view
    Smile thx and gl at the tables

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm