SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

5 posters

FAO Overated

Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

FAO Overated Empty FAO Overated

Post  Bainn Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:09 pm

FAO Overated Bunnyc10
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

FAO Overated Empty Re: FAO Overated

Post  Bainn Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:26 pm

What happened to Mr Ardis' post ? ?
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

Post  Overated Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:01 am

Bainn wrote:What happened to Mr Ardis' post ? ?

obv deleted by that retard khenny who seems to think cause he is a mod he can do whatever the fck he wants. as i said again not one other forum would delete that picture. it was fcking funny. and then he deleted my posts. as i said last night i wont be posting again. complete waste of time. rick created a good forum which prob cud have had potential to get big but not with people like kenny thinking he owns the place. one thing a mod should know is to not make decisions because of what he thinks

twat
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:31 am

To be fair Chris, your pic was amusing but not in good taste, or more importantly, to the taste of the majority.

A moderator has to walk the fine line between infringing the posting rights of an individual and keeping the whole forum a nice place to hang around.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:10 am

Bainn wrote:To be fair Chris, your pic was amusing but not in good taste, or more importantly, to the taste of the majority.

A moderator has to walk the fine line between infringing the posting rights of an individual and keeping the whole forum a nice place to hang around.

Quite frankly Bainn if you find starving and dying kids "amusing" then I think you need a check up from the neck up son. Under no circumstances is that subject amusing! End of.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:21 am

well this is exactly the problem - some may find it amusing, some may find it very offensive. With this in mind, the pic had to go. some people might find racist or homophobic jokes funny, but if they're in similar bad taste to the pic, they would be deleted too.

Clearly abusive posts questioning why it had to go... well they may get deleted also.

mods arent there to censor points of view or discussions, but if things are clearly offensive to particular cultures, races, etc, or to individual forum members, than mods have every right to delete them.

As it is khenny hasn't deleted the post where you call him a retard, which is very telling. he simply removed the one where you questioned what was a fairly simple reason for removing a picture (which i also removed), and then abused some forum member.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:28 am

Overated wrote:
    Bainn wrote:What happened to Mr Ardis' post ? ?

obv deleted by that retard khenny who seems to think cause he is a mod he can do whatever the fck he wants. as i said again not one other forum would delete that picture. it was fcking funny. and then he deleted my posts. as i said last night i wont be posting again. complete waste of time. rick created a good forum which prob cud have had potential to get big but not with people like kenny thinking he owns the place. one thing a mod should know is to not make decisions because of what he thinks

twat

I don't have any problem with people posting pics or jokes if they are funny and not offensive.
    For your info over I haven't felt the need to do any deleting or removing of posts until you decided you could see humour in dying and starving kids!

It's sad that you feel the need to get yourself in a state about this. To see humour in a pic of a kid who is quite clearly starving to death suggests that you have some issues, to put it mildly. If you feel the need to leave the forum then leave.

I stuck up for you in the past because imo there wasn't much wrong with your posts even if they wound people up. But you can't get on your high horse about this one. It's wrong and perhaps one day in the future when you are all grown up then you'll look back and cringe at what you once called humour.
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:40 am

Interesting how ones own moral compass and bias set the bar for what is right for the majority.

Chris' pic was in bad taste and it & his abusive comments had to go.

Yet negative and insulting comments about homosexuals or "Fudge packers" as Khenny called them, are allowed to stand.

Basically being a mod is tough and 8 times out of 10 somebody will say we dictators.

We try to find a balance and not let our bias affect our decisions of what whole community thinks.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:54 am

I found the post you are referring to Bainn. It's a post where I agree with what is clearly your own belief about the particular lifestyles in question.

While I can see that, where the pedantic person would find BOTH posts homophobic, the majority I think would find them BOTH fairly humorous. Do feel free to delete it though if it offends you to the point where it becomes intolerable.

khenny wrote:
    Bainn wrote:Nothing wrong with being Gay, I accept your lifestyle even if it's wrong and against God & you will spend eternity burning in the sulphurous fires of Hell.

I can't believe we agree on something!

Well almost, apart from the fact there's nothing wrong with being a fudge packer, and the part about there being a God and the part about there being a hell and............

I think I also offend ALL religious people AND devil worshippers here too! Sry guys!

hide
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:17 am

Our posts on the "Live Game" thread were both intended as jokes, well at least mine was but we posted them with scant regard to offending anyone. In fact our posts could have been classed as being just as offensive as Over's, which was intended to be humorous too.

I hope if someone complained that you would take it straight down and not feel the need to defend it saying "It's just a joke."

I would.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:24 am

Please don't try to compare the two Bainn, it doesn't make you look entirely sensible m8. While there will be a minority who are offended by the "jokes" on the particular choice of lifestyle on the thread in question I think the number offended by children dying of starvation will be far higher and wider ranging, don't you?

I find the fact you are trying to point score with tit for tat trivia on this subject distasteful and unnecessary. The offensive post by over was removed and that should have been the end of the matter. I sincerely hope this is now the end.
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

Post  the hoooders Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:26 am

over if you went to africa as i have several times i can gtd that post would not have been put there in 1st place,its RACIST, immature, and done by a pathetic little child who hides behind his keyboard,one day over i would realy like to meet you Wink
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:47 am

khenny wrote:Please don't try to compare the two Bainn, it doesn't make you look entirely sensible m8. While there will be a minority who are offended by the "jokes" on the particular choice of lifestyle on the thread in question I think the number offended by children dying of starvation will be far higher and wider ranging, don't you?

I find the fact you are trying to point score with tit for tat trivia on this subject distasteful and unnecessary. The offensive post by over was removed and that should have been the end of the matter. I sincerely hope this is now the end.

Interesting, so, because potentially less people will be offended it's a lesser offence ?

It's just as offensive whether it is one person outraged or one hundred.

No point scoring on this one as ultimately there is no "Right" answer to this, this issue has troubled mankind for millennia.

Just reminding you it's not so easy to a moral judge speaking for all.
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:52 am

the hoooders wrote:over if you went to africa as i have several times i can gtd that post would not have been put there in 1st place,its RACIST, immature, and done by a pathetic little child who hides behind his keyboard,one day over i would realy like to meet you Wink

hide behind my keyboard lololol. the fact that everyone on any uk forum knows me proves i dont. a guy whos 6ft 5 from an irish forum attakced me killarney last year from behind lol. ask on boards.ie what happened to the cnut. im the last person that would hide behind the keyboard. and tbh i have been in very poor countries before. and i still found the pic extremly amusing. if that makes me a bad person then i guess thats what i am. but icouldnt care less what a chimp like you thinks

the hendonmob is huge compared to thisplace and they let them type of pictures stay. if you dont like it then dont look at it
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

Post  the hoooders Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:59 pm

is that the same forum were everybody hates you and thinks you a cheat Wink
    and were have you been to see thses starving children 1st hand?
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

Post  the hoooders Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:01 pm

oh and as for someone attacking you well that not my style,but one thing for sure,not be the 1st time and wont be last,gl young man you really are pathetic Very Happy
    Overated
    Overated

Post  Overated Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:17 pm

the hoooders wrote:oh and as for someone attacking you well that not my style,but one thing for sure,not be the 1st time and wont be last,gl young man you really are pathetic Very Happy

cool

not listening
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

Post  Bainn Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:23 am

Over, you're an Omaha player, pop here and give your opinion -

APAT Omaha Hand

Sponsored content