SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+3
LANGERS
Overated
khenny
7 posters

Tiger Woods - Why he'll never be the best.

khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Tiger Woods - Why he'll never be the best. Empty Tiger Woods - Why he'll never be the best.

Post  khenny Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:59 pm

He has a prodigious talent for hitting a golf ball where he would like it to go but Woods will never be in the same league as Jack Nicklaus.

Golf is a sport set apart from others. It is one where referees are present but hardly if ever, needed to call foul on someone.

It is a testament to the game and the players that even now in days where insane money is offered for winning tournaments, golfers still own up to indiscretions that cost strokes and ultimately money and notoriety.

Woods has shown in the past that winning is the only thing that matters to him. Evidence for that is getting over a dozen or so people to move a boulder that was impeding his shot to the green in the Phoenix Open in 1999. Would the likes of Nicklaus scour the rule book to try and find a way out of what was simply a wayward tee shot? No he would have carried on in the spirit of the game, taken his medicine then moved to the next hole.

It's a game that historically holds etiquette and values above winning at all costs. Nicklaus wore his values on his sleeve for all to see along with the games other true greats. Sportsmanship and friendship were more important to him than prize money. Just one of the reasons Woods will NEVER be (in my eyes) close to him despite what he may do in terms of trophies and titles.
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

Tiger Woods - Why he'll never be the best. Empty Re: Tiger Woods - Why he'll never be the best.

Post  Overated Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:15 pm

lmoa do you seriously believe the drivel and nonsense you post. What utter rubbish. On a funnier and happier note....

khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Tiger Woods - Why he'll never be the best. Empty Re: Tiger Woods - Why he'll never be the best.

Post  khenny Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:20 pm

As opposed to the incisive and well thought out stuff you come up with?

lol
    LANGERS

SPS Chips : 122

Post  LANGERS Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:04 am

You are not seriously suggesting that Woods is NOT the greatest player ever to pick up a club? jeez! No
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:12 am

LANGERS wrote:You are not seriously suggesting that Woods is NOT the greatest player ever to pick up a club? jeez! No

You mean it was UNCLEAR from my post????? lmao
    LANGERS

SPS Chips : 122

Post  LANGERS Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:50 am

just wanted verification of your insanity fella hide lol lmao lol
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

Post  the hoooders Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:56 am

kenny i think you lost the plot m8,tiger woods is the greatest ever golfer to walk this planet m8,the trophies the titles,the majors,oh and the fact he beem world no1 for the past million years,kenny is yr missus spiking your food?? scratch scratch
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:13 am

Woods falls short of what should be expected from a player who plays a game which has always been based on etiquette and sportsmanship.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:15 am

hmmm.

What you have there khenny me ol' mucker is a nice bit of reasoning for why he IS the best golfer ever, but why he's also a bit of a twat.

Best player ever - yes
    Nice bloke - pretty doubtful
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:27 am

wildrick wrote:hmmm.

What you have there khenny me ol' mucker is a nice bit of reasoning for why he IS the best golfer ever, but why he's also a bit of a twat.

Best player ever - yes
    Nice bloke - pretty doubtful

He doesn't have Nicklaus' record of Majors yet though does he? Nicklaus was a genius when it came to the Majors and the amount of top 5 finishes when not winning them was incredible.

Can you imagine what he would have done with the game had he been a win at all costs, ignore your family and take the rules to the extreme type of guy like Tiger?

He also won his majors when there were other multiple winners around at the time like :

Gary Player - 9
    Tom Watson - 8
    Arnie Palmer- 7
    Lee Trevino - 6

That's 30 majors won by only 4 guys outside of Nicklaus! The competition he had was much more severe than Woods faced. You look around for a similar challenge in the Woods era and the best we come up with is Mickelson with a paltry 3!
    ToiletBrush
    ToiletBrush

SPS Chips : 32

Post  ToiletBrush Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:08 am

Over can't post so ill do it for him, but i see this is another black man you dis-like khenny. How many is that now? You are a racist khenny.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:13 am

ToiletBrush wrote:Over can't post so ill do it for him, but i see this is another black man you dis-like khenny. How many is that now? You are a racist khenny.

I realise the entertainment value in this, but it's such a poor arguement it's not quite worth the bother Wink Disliking a few particular black people does not make you racist.

tbh I expect more interesting wind ups.

must try harder!
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:28 pm

Just a bit more information on how awesome Nicklaus was. Over a 20 year period from 1962-1981 his record at majors while other multiple winners were around was astounding.

In 80 majors during that period he....

Won 17 of them while finishing 2nd 15 times and 3rd on 8 occasions. Adding to that a further 18 top ten finishes means that Nicklaus finished top 10 close on 70% of the time during a 20yr period!

Tiger (leaving out his 1st 2 years in Majors) had the following....

Won 14 with 6 2nds and 2 3rd place finishes. He managed another 9 top 10's. This brings him in nearly a full 10% below Nicklaus in the consistency stakes in the big tournaments. Consider also that Nicklaus' stats are over a longer period of time and also achieved while playing against stiffer opposition.

You can still say Tiger is the best if you want to but I believe the facts say otherwise!
    Mumbolungo
    Mumbolungo

SPS Chips : 200

Post  Mumbolungo Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi Kenny intersting question m8! Quite into golf my take is this. Tiger has targeted every record thet jack had and is so focused on beating the records that a wee thing called wife and kids will not stand in his way.
    Jack was good- Tiger is and will be the best that ever has played the game.
    You cant seriously compare the fields that Jack won compared with Tiger. Golfers are so much more focused now- Tiger is the best golfer in the history of the sport.
    Mumbolungo
    Mumbolungo

Post  Mumbolungo Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:15 pm

I was at Troon when Jusin Leonard won with my son. We followed Jack for a few holes, it was great! Tiger did not win as the Scottish links are bloody hard!
    My son is a head-greenkeeper now and I still am trying to get better than my 12 handicap. My other son who is 8 is a Tiger fan just like my 21 year old. Tiger is the best m8!
    Mumbolungo
    Mumbolungo

Post  Mumbolungo Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:34 pm

As to the toiletbrush - he is only half black but I suppose he is half Asian so we can get a bit racist if you want too
    Mumbolungo
    Mumbolungo

Post  Mumbolungo Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Trying to think how I can offend you
    Tiger goes to a restaurant and orders deep fried rat in a jerk sauce. Will that do?

Think they call that Fusion cooking!
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

Post  Overated Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm

lol khenny you're so full of sh1t. Tiger would have destroyed Nicklaus if they were playing against each other at the top of their games. You said Nick had to play against more major qinners than Tiger. the reason there is less major winners now is because Tiger is just so damn good.
    Mumbolungo
    Mumbolungo

Post  Mumbolungo Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:30 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm