SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+3
Davejacks
Bainn
trapsetter
7 posters

random hands

trapsetter
    trapsetter

SPS Chips : 249

random hands Empty random hands

Post  trapsetter Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Thoughts plz...

Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

random hands Empty Re: random hands

Post  Bainn Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Need more popcorn...
    Davejacks

SPS Chips : 53

Post  Davejacks Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:34 pm

first one, qq - what on earth are you up to on the river?

I might of folded, nevermind reraised. you split with Q, and lose to A or K. If he has none of the above then he isnt calling a river reraise anyway. Save the chippies for a comeback.

Second one, not too bad, tho a slightly risky shove. you may as well have 2 8 here, as if bb or limper calls, youre gonna be in deep doo doo.

Third one, ouch vul, cant put him on 8 with the shove, easy call, horrific play by him, but thats the way it goes xometime, ul.
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:37 am

I've no idea - all I can see is bloody white screens!
    trapsetter
    trapsetter

SPS Chips : 249

Post  trapsetter Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:40 am

you will have to have a look madv (when you get 5mins Wink lol)

Yeh dave looking back at it i could have saved the chips here.. the A8s hand was shoving into the loose guy so going by what hes opening i was thinking my A8s was +EV here???
    The only clue i had to him playing frisky was that he limped folded the previous hand then he elected to do the same again. I paused for a second before shoving and the thought went thru my head he wasnt folding this time!!
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:07 am

I'm with DaveJacks here - The QQ river reraise is never getting called by a worse hand, and I dont even think you should call here.

The JJ is obviously vbad play from oppo, and vul from you.

The A8 hand is the most interesting tho... Particularly when put together with your last comment. If someone has just limped and had to fold, they are actually less likely to do it again, as it will have annoyed them the first time. If they pick up a big hand str8 after they are likely to try limping again hoping that someone follows your line of thinking, and if they pick up a poor hand they are more likely to fold or raise instead.

The same thing goes for the late stages of mtts, if you see someone raise and fold to shoves a couple of times, its tempting to think that they will do it again, and shove over their raises. However they will actually be more likely to call now than someone who hasn't raise-folded previously, because a) they'll lose patience and call, and b) theyve probably tightened up and stopped raising with trash.
    STEVE

SPS Chips : 74

Post  STEVE Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

can someone tell me how to replay hands like that, i would like to show a few of mine on here
    cheers
    steve
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:04 pm

wildrick wrote:I'm with DaveJacks here - The QQ river reraise is never getting called by a worse hand, and I dont even think you should call here. AND ME + 1.

The JJ is obviously vbad play from oppo, and vul from you. +1

The A8 I'm flat calling then at some point probably folding. I just don't like these two in a row flat callers.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:43 am

STEVE wrote:can someone tell me how to replay hands like that, i would like to show a few of mine on here
    cheers
    steve

Hi m8 Smile There's a sticky in each online poker section with the converter in... here's a link to one of them Smile http://www.sharkpokerschoolforum.com/stts-f12/hand-history-converter-t175.htm . If you're having issues, gimme a shout!
    LuckyChuck
    LuckyChuck

SPS Chips : 117

Post  LuckyChuck Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:13 am

wildrick wrote:I'm with DaveJacks here - The QQ river reraise is never getting called by a worse hand, and I dont even think you should call here.

The JJ is obviously vbad play from oppo, and vul from you.

The A8 hand is the most interesting tho... Particularly when put together with your last comment. If someone has just limped and had to fold, they are actually less likely to do it again, as it will have annoyed them the first time. If they pick up a big hand str8 after they are likely to try limping again hoping that someone follows your line of thinking, and if they pick up a poor hand they are more likely to fold or raise instead.

The same thing goes for the late stages of mtts, if you see someone raise and fold to shoves a couple of times, its tempting to think that they will do it again, and shove over their raises. However they will actually be more likely to call now than someone who hasn't raise-folded previously, because a) they'll lose patience and call, and b) theyve probably tightened up and stopped raising with trash.

wise words. Smart arse Razz lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:33 am