SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+2
wildrick
danowski69
6 posters

ANY IDEAS?

danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

ANY IDEAS? Empty ANY IDEAS?

Post  danowski69 Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:10 pm

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY
    1: HE CALLED ME INITIAL RAISE WITH K7?
    2: HE RE-RAISES MY FLOP BET?
    3: HE GETS MORE THAN LUCKY!!

THIS IS THE KINDA CHITT IM RUNNING INTO AND ITS A JOKE, ESPECIALLY ON A FT AND FOR HALF HIS STACK.

MY CALL ON HIS ALL IN, IS THAT ITS SPIT, WE BOTH HAVE 2 PAIR, NOT THIS MUG IS ONE LUCKY F***ER

STILL ANOTHER FT, BUT COULD OF BEEN ALOT BETTER.
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

ANY IDEAS? Empty Re: ANY IDEAS?

Post  wildrick Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:39 pm

ok before i start, its obviously quite unlucky.

however

in answer to your questions/..

1. because he was in sb with 100bbs and you only min raised. He probably calls here with 2 7 nevermind K7. SOme people are just like that. If youre going to raise with A2 from late pos make it 2.5 - 3.5 bbs, dependednt on your stack and the stacks of the players in the blinds.

2. Because you bet minimum. This looked insanely weak, and he thinks his K might be good.

3. Because thats the way poker is sometimes.

If you raise mroe pre, he probably doesnt call, but thats not the main issue.

the main issue is that on the flop you bet so weak.

If I bet that weak here its to induce a reraise bluff from my opponent, which is pretty much what u got. However at this point if you think youre ahead you need to shove ott, youre hand is not strong enough to flat call, in case you get outdrawn. If you had AA id play it exactly like you played it. but your hand was too weak to be playing it like that.

So ul he hits, but you need to look at these beats and see if you could of done anything different, and learn from them.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, if you'd reshoved on flop after he reraises, then i'd be saying wp, you set him up nicely, and ul, but in this case i think you made a mistake with the weak flop bet followed by flat calling his re.

btw, he might of called the all in anyway.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 am

Agree with Rick here but would also add that I may have been inclined to fold after he re-raises the flop bet to 9k. A2 not the greatest hand to be calling re-raises with especially to a guy who outchips me heavily.
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:47 am

I agree with both the replies so far, but just incase Danny doesn't get it, and I'm sorry for being so harsh but sometimes you need it pointing out . . .

Danny, your play was appauling. The min raise pre, I don#t mind, I do it a lot. You let in week hands because you have a WEAK hand yourself. You want to hit big. What the hell you're doing caling his flop raise or his turn all in is beyond me. Incredibly lucky? You make him pay 1500 and 1000 to hit a combined total of about 45% yet you call 30k with a total out of about 7% (sorry if stats are a little out). What the fuck were you thinking?

Learn from your mistakes in this hand and Khenny and Rick's invaluable advice and you'll improve. Remember, Danny, it's not bingo, it's not all in pre see who's got the best hand. It's holdem, and it uses 7 cards!
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

Post  Bainn Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:19 am

MADV wrote:I agree with both the replies so far, but just incase Danny doesn't get it, and I'm sorry for being so harsh but sometimes you need it pointing out . . .

Danny, your play was appauling. The min raise pre, I don#t mind, I do it a lot. You let in week hands because you have a WEAK hand yourself. You want to hit big. What the hell you're doing caling his flop raise or his turn all in is beyond me. Incredibly lucky? You make him pay 1500 and 1000 to hit a combined total of about 45% yet you call 30k with a total out of about 7% (sorry if stats are a little out). What the fuck were you thinking?

Learn from your mistakes in this hand and Khenny and Rick's invaluable advice and you'll improve. Remember, Danny, it's not bingo, it's not all in pre see who's got the best hand. *It's holdem, and it uses 7 cards!

+1

* = That could confuse him though.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:44 am

Ive been in the office all day today and had plenty of time to reflex back

1: not the idea hand to play in the 1st place.
    2: very weak min bet on flop, inticed his raise
    3: think longer to see what he cud have b4 calling the all in.

all advice taken and duely noted, thanks once again guys.

note to self...mad v has a point :-) lol
    note to self 2: bainn still hasn't learnt the art of full sentence replies that actuall help lol :-)
    actionjack
    actionjack
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 12

Post  actionjack Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:54 am

Your opponent was very lucky, but the main area of his luck was finding you with a stack.

Your pre-flop raise is ok , though maybe a little more would be better.

Your flop bet looked very weak and if it was your intention to induce a re-raise, you got it. I suspect that you did not think anything when you bet or have any plan or intent you just pressed the bet button.

He re-raised you because your bet looked weak and he hoped to win the pot with the bet, if he had not hit a lucky turn i suspect he may have given up but having hit it you then called his all-in when, if you are lucky, you are splitting the pot.
    In terms of luck it may be worth considering that the vast majority of your stack entered the pot when you had the worst hand and it was almost inconceivable that you had the best (winning) hand, exactly how unlucky is that?

You will do better if you think carefully what you are trying to intend to achieve with each bet and make it an amount that you think will best achieve that intention. Likewise thinking what you interpret your oppoentnts bet amount indicates as an intention to achieve will help you determine the approximate strength of your opponents hand in many cases
    Bainn
    Bainn
    Beardy Mod

SPS Chips : 2724
    Favourite hand : 5-4 off "The Bainn"

Post  Bainn Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:57 am

Danny2809 wrote:Ive been in the office all day today and had plenty of time to reflex back

1: not the idea hand to play in the 1st place.
    2: very weak min bet on flop, inticed his raise
    3: think longer to see what he cud have b4 calling the all in.

all advice taken and duely noted, thanks once again guys.

note to self...mad v has a point :-) lol
    note to self 2: bainn still hasn't learnt the art of full sentence replies that actuall help lol :-)

Probably true.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:20 pm

actionjack wrote:Your opponent was very lucky, but the main area of his luck was finding you with a stack.

Your pre-flop raise is ok , though maybe a little more would be better.

Your flop bet looked very weak and if it was your intention to induce a re-raise, you got it. I suspect that you did not think anything when you bet or have any plan or intent you just pressed the bet button.

He re-raised you because your bet looked weak and he hoped to win the pot with the bet, if he had not hit a lucky turn i suspect he may have given up but having hit it you then called his all-in when, if you are lucky, you are splitting the pot.
    In terms of luck it may be worth considering that the vast majority of your stack entered the pot when you had the worst hand and it was almost inconceivable that you had the best (winning) hand, exactly how unlucky is that?

You will do better if you think carefully what you are trying to intend to achieve with each bet and make it an amount that you think will best achieve that intention. Likewise thinking what you interpret your oppoentnts bet amount indicates as an intention to achieve will help you determine the approximate strength of your opponents hand in many cases

Thanks very much for the advice m8, invaluable and wise, duely noted and ill be sure to take more time and consideration next time, again, to think about what i wish to achieve is worth thinking about and adding that to my game

Thanks again Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content