SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+5
wildrick
CARNIVORE04
Mumbolungo
khenny
the hoooders
9 posters

ideas about a leaderboard

the hoooders
    the hoooders

SPS Chips : 1368
    Favourite hand : q 10 hearts

ideas about a leaderboard Empty ideas about a leaderboard

Post  the hoooders Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:47 am

ok obv rick have final say,but lets throw som ideas on here bout how this could work ect Wink any ideas more than welcome i would say chaps Wink
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

ideas about a leaderboard Empty Re: ideas about a leaderboard

Post  the hoooders Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:30 am

ok we all want a leaderboard but no one has ideas scratch scratch
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

SPS Chips : 1686
    Favourite hand : Aces. What else would you want?

Post  khenny Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:43 am

Think it would be a great idea m8 and I quite like the idea of the top 25% in each game being awarded points. It would ensure that play is important at almost every part of the forum game.

20 players would mean top 5 being awarded points.

How about

1st - 10pts
    2nd - 7pts
    3rd - 4pts
    4th - 3pts
    5th - 1pt

Just an idea to get the ball rolling.
    Mumbolungo
    Mumbolungo

SPS Chips : 200

Post  Mumbolungo Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Lots of ways of awarding points- but by awarding points to all the players in the game it rewards those who play every week even though they might not always get a high placing. If the same 6 or 7 players were the only ones to have points there is a danger the others might get a bit bored! I copied the following from a poker site-

One of the easiest and most popular poker tournament points systems is to award one point for each player in the tournament. In a 20 player tournament, first place gets 20 points, second place gets 19 points, third place gets 18 points ... all the way down to last place who gets 1 point. The more players in the tournament, the more points the winners will be awarded. You could also award extra points for winning the tournament. You could award the top five players an extra 10, 8, 6, 4, and 2 points.
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Mumbolungo wrote:Lots of ways of awarding points- but by awarding points to all the players in the game it rewards those who play every week even though they might not always get a high placing. If the same 6 or 7 players were the only ones to have points there is a danger the others might get a bit bored! I copied the following from a poker site-

One of the easiest and most popular poker tournament points systems is to award one point for each player in the tournament. In a 20 player tournament, first place gets 20 points, second place gets 19 points, third place gets 18 points ... all the way down to last place who gets 1 point. The more players in the tournament, the more points the winners will be awarded. You could also award extra points for winning the tournament. You could award the top five players an extra 10, 8, 6, 4, and 2 points.

I like this idea much better than mine. Good reasoning behind it too m8. All those in favour?

+1

I know this means a lot of adding up for Rick but then again he is a bit of a maths brainbox!
    CARNIVORE04
    CARNIVORE04

SPS Chips : 1377

Post  CARNIVORE04 Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:50 pm

Mumbolungo wrote:Lots of ways of awarding points- but by awarding points to all the players in the game it rewards those who play every week even though they might not always get a high placing. If the same 6 or 7 players were the only ones to have points there is a danger the others might get a bit bored! I copied the following from a poker site-

Its defo the way to do it but without the last two sentences
    Mumbolungo
    Mumbolungo

Post  Mumbolungo Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Perhaps only adding 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 to the top 5 players each week?
    CARNIVORE04
    CARNIVORE04

Post  CARNIVORE04 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:03 pm

Mumbolungo wrote:Perhaps only adding 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 to the top 5 players each week?

Personally i'll roll with anything cause i gonna win it anyways hide
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:04 pm

my own idea was that yes, everyone who plays gets points, possibly by the system mentioned above, with 1st getting points equal to the number of players, then one less all the way down to first out, who gets 1 point. This means its beneficial to play regularly, even if you havent cashed a lot.

Giving 10 extra for the winner is ok if you have 200 runners, but with 20-50 runners it's not a great plan. I was thinking 3 bonus points to the winner, 2 for 2nd and one for 3rd. perhaps work it as [2% of the field] * [3, 2 and 1] (which gives 3,2 and 1, for 50 runners, and 1.5, 1, 0.5 extra for 25 runners.)

As for it making it more effort to tot up points - I can shove the list of finishing places into a spreadsheet and do it that way, so ill only have to do it once to work out the sheet Smile
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

Post  the hoooders Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:04 pm

great idea mumb,+2
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

Post  the hoooders Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:28 pm

what about how long is the leaderboard for? Very Happy
    Mumbolungo
    Mumbolungo

Post  Mumbolungo Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Poker seems always more popular in the winter months for some reason! A winter league until April seems to work as it is harder to get so many players in the summer months with holidays and lighter nights.
    Should of added that it should not be too long as new members might not fancy a league that has been going for a while.
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

Post  the hoooders Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Mumbolungo wrote:Poker seems always more popular in the winter months for some reason! A winter league until April seems to work as it is harder to get so many players in the summer months with holidays and lighter nights.
    so jan till april, Very Happy sounds good
    CARNIVORE04
    CARNIVORE04

Post  CARNIVORE04 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Mumbolungo wrote:Poker seems always more popular in the winter months for some reason! A winter league until April seems to work as it is harder to get so many players in the summer months with holidays and lighter nights.
    Should of added that it should not be too long as new members might not fancy a league that has been going for a while.

Thats cause the summers for wakeboarding !

I reckon one quarterly max is the ticket
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:11 pm

i was thinking monthly, mbe 2 months, is 3 months better do we think?
    khenny
    khenny
    McLairy Mod

Post  khenny Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:15 pm

I reckon monthly would be easier to keep the interest going tbh. Three months is a long time for any competition to run. Will bow to majority verdict though. not worthy
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

Post  Overated Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:19 pm

who cares abou tpoints. they can be sorted eaisily

whats more intresting is what are we playing for?? if we are playing for a separate prizepool where everyone puts in a certain amount then all monies must be shipped to rick first b4 we start

and if someone says we are only playing for bragging rights on the side then thats the gheyisttt thing ever
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

Post  the hoooders Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:21 am

monthly sounds goods,gives peeps who miss the 1 st couple games not long to wait if they want to join the new one,and a monthly forum champ sounds better than just a weekly chimp,ie rick won twice hide
    danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

Post  danowski69 Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:39 am

Re: Overs reply

If your asking peeps to ship monies to rick for the overall prize pool, i can see many not doing it, or do it one week but not the next etc

Why dont we have the overall prize as a....Free mentoring session??
    Top two over the month get one??

I do feel that a month is too short as this only works out too 4/5 games
    Perhaps two months is better or we do two games a week. One on a sunday and one midweek???

Ask yourselves why we only got 25ish runners?? many players who dont play, but would like to cant do sundays?? I know crowfoot and Scott have being late on the last one due to work etc, so maybe this applies to others??? So i feel 2 games would be better if we are to run it over a month. (atleast this gives peeps chance to get on at some point)

As regards the points system, i agree, and what has being mentioned is the exact same way that the Ladbrokes leaderboard is worked out.

In summary i suggest....

2 Games a week... Wednesday at 7.30pm and Sunday at 8pm
    Run it for a month, points awarded as mentioned.
    Overall prizes to the top 2 with mentoring sessions as prizes (this can be put to suggestions) however i feel the rest is more than a good idea.

OMG KENNY AND BAINN WILL FALL OVER WHEN THEY READ THIS AS MY USUAL REPLIES ARE SHORT AND NOT THE INFORMATIVE, BUT IM IN A GOOD MOOD TODAY SO I GAVE YOU 5 MINUTES OF MY ATTENTION Laughing

Peace out ya'll
    Mumbolungo
    Mumbolungo

Post  Mumbolungo Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:02 am

We used to ask the members to vote on what days to run a league on to get an idea of how many would turn up. Saturday was always a bad night. As my missus would say- twice a week is too much- fair enough if you could get 20+ in each game though- funny she used to say that as well!
    But some peeps might struggle on Sundays. So a game on another night may be an option.
    Sorry for another idea but if it was a monthly league with 2 games per week- then there would be approx 8 scoring games- perhaps your 4 best scores counted towards the league it would be fairer....
    If over 2 months then approx 16 scoring games- then best 8 scores would count....you get the idea.
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:08 am

Good ideas Mumbolungo, i reckon by monday with all our suggestions, we will come up with the perfect solution.
    the hoooders
    the hoooders

Post  the hoooders Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:19 am

if we need game changed to different night give me a shout that easily sorted out bounce
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

Post  Overated Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:22 pm

tbh danny id rather play for cash. I have my views on 'mentoring' and i wont say them here as it will prob start another whole argument. If a league is running ill 100% play but if the prizes are free sessions or sumthin ill be selling mine or the 2nd place player can have it should i win.

If its run over 4 weeks then there cant be big jumps in the points. or else we could play twice a week. but 4 games to decide a winner if its over a month is not really enough. plus each week should be a different game.

week 1 - nlhe
    week 2- plo
    week 3 - round of each
    week 4 - horse
    danowski69

Post  danowski69 Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:44 pm

its took me a day to pick myself up m8 but fuk me i have to agree, your idea sounds good.
    Mumbolungo
    Mumbolungo

Post  Mumbolungo Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Little too varied for my taste I would be ok with 1 varient a month though. How many at forum play omaha, horse or razz?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:05 am