SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

3 posters

Mentality behind a beat

MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Mentality behind a beat Empty Mentality behind a beat

Post  MADV Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:12 am

When you've had a beat, do you just want sympathy or do you want someone to analyse the hand to point out your or your opponents mistakes to make you a better player?

Does it depend on the time-scale after the beat?
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Mentality behind a beat Empty Re: Mentality behind a beat

Post  wildrick Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:57 am

Well for me it depends on the size of the beat - If its a medium/small cash pot or a medim small tourney, I'm over it str8 away, and dont want much.

If its a massive cash pot or deep in something fat, then for about 5 mins after the beat i want someone to put a brick through oppo's comp, for the next 30 mins I want someone to agree with me that oppo was being a smackhead and then after that I'm more interested in my side of the hand, and what I could of done differently. What a Face

Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:55 am

Hmm good question, I'm the opposite to Rick here...

In a good size cash pot or deep in a good value tourney, a lot of the time the decision is not only made on my holding; but many factors of payouts, oppo & path to a FT. This can be almost impossible for others to take into consideration in there analysis of my actions.

You tend to find most beats come from cheaper games on the whole, for the simple reason that your thinking beyond the capability of your oppo, well all know the type can't fold AQo and river spikes 4 to the flush or straight or like last night a guy called me getting the money in on the flop with KJ v 88 on a 38J flop 3 turn then a J riv to over house me, don't feel anyone's input would change my action to be honest, and forgot even before riv fell.

The hands which are more of weak play by me, where I've fallen in-love with a hand for the right reasons (v overs or rags) or way off the mark getting bent with KK on a A flop, I will look at with fresh eye's the next day but rare I feel the need to have others call me a TWATARD as would have worked that out myself.

Beats are part of everyday life, if they wern't it would be a con and a fixed game.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:06 am