SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+2
dicie180
swishtony
6 posters

Mentoring sesh

swishtony
    swishtony

SPS Chips : 116

Mentoring sesh Empty Mentoring sesh

Post  swishtony Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:50 pm

I've thought about mentoring or some kind of training for a ages now but is one of those things I just never got round to doing.

Decided to try one this week with Rick and have to say it was a really valuable exercise. I decided on the 3 hour session as it included a more in-depth written report, I'm glad I did becasue there was quite a lot discussed during the session and I knew some of it I would have forgotten. The write up has also been handy to read back over a few times.

Initially thought it might be difficult to play my normal game whilst being watched by somebody else. Actually didn't take me long to get into muff mode and play like I normally do so wasn't a problem at all muahaha

Was good to get a totally different perspective on hands and the session has given me 2 or 3 really good things to focus on tweaking. Some of the things were actually very subtle changes that I have already applied and have made a difference in quite a few hands I've played.

All in all I would totally reccommend it, however good a player you are, you can never stop learning eh?

study study study study

Cheers Rick!
    dicie180
    dicie180

SPS Chips : -7

Mentoring sesh Empty Re: Mentoring sesh

Post  dicie180 Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Excellent Tony, and all the best in the future m8...

Rick is a good lad, lot of time for the scouser, and is a great player as we all know...

Seems im not the only one getting alot out of these sessions.

Dicie
    Overated
    Overated

SPS Chips : 472

Post  Overated Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:04 pm

i see he didnt help you with your avatar selection

thats what i would have told you to change for a start
    swishtony
    swishtony

SPS Chips : 116

Post  swishtony Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Cheers Dicie!

Overated.... that was too complex an area for a 1st lesson but we will be looking at avatar selection during one of the more advanced sessions.
    blue69

SPS Chips : 0

Post  blue69 Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:34 am

n1 tony,hope it all goes well,mentoring? hmmm defo something im thinking of,i need to go to the next level an dont think i can do that on my own,so my decision is do i go for mentoring or sponceship which brings with it its own mentoring.if any of u guys have an opinion on this id like to hear it cheers
    JPK
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 3

Post  JPK Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:45 pm

you'll find the small things make all the difference, in many walks of life Laughing
    Banksoir
    Banksoir
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 50

Post  Banksoir Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Blue (Harry I presume)

You are exactly right, from where you are right now in Poker then a few mentor sessions will be massivley influential for you. I know you want to move up to higher level buy in mtt's and making money at poker has to be easier than shifting those concrete slabs every day Very Happy

GL at the tables mate.......

Banksy Shocked

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:14 am