SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+3
Evo397bhp
hoppy
mack04
7 posters

software/mentoring

mack04
    mack04

SPS Chips : 15

software/mentoring Empty software/mentoring

Post  mack04 Tue May 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Thinking about spending some of the last few pounds i have left on some software, before i lose it all.
    Play mostly mtts, and the occasionally tilty cash game after an early bust out.
    Anyone have any advise on the best ones, or shall i try and scrape the last few pounds together and have a mentor session?
    hoppy

SPS Chips : 243

software/mentoring Empty Re: software/mentoring

Post  hoppy Tue May 26, 2009 1:34 pm

ya dont need to pay for most of the software holdem manager and pokertracker are free when you deposit so much into certain sites.

Poker tracker 3 is completely useless if you use laddies though.

and having someone helping you out in your hands is probably much better then looking at results
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Wed May 27, 2009 5:10 am

If your after HUD on MTTS for laddies HM & PT3/PT2 are of no use this is down to how Micrograbbing designed there MTT history structure, although both are working on it, Poker Office will work on Laddies MTT's

I have used PT2, PT3, Holdem Manager and Poker Office and to be honest depending on what your looking for within a package IMO it's very hard to beat Holdem Manager for post play stats, leak finding and HUD cash or Tourney(excp Laddies) but best of all it's a one off fee unlike PT or Poker office.
    trapsetter
    trapsetter

SPS Chips : 249

Post  trapsetter Wed May 27, 2009 5:15 am

with HM you can also buy the small stakes version if your at the low stakes of course which makes it a bit cheaper!!
    phinnies1
    phinnies1
    Admin

SPS Chips : 121

Post  phinnies1 Wed May 27, 2009 10:54 am

It really depends on what you are trying to achieve.
    A poker tracker (holdem manager for example) is a great tool for spotting leaks in your own game and for analysing your regular opponents playing patterns. But this is really only true in the cash games and possibly in some stt (but in reality I would recommend nothing more than sharkscope for stt)

I really dont believe they are of any use for a part time cash player where your opponents are not consistent or for use within the MTT environment.

I cannot think of one thing you could use a tracker for within an mtt which you cannot achieve by simply observing your opponents and using notes

Of course my view of this may be subjective but in my honest opinion if you are looking for leaks in your game you will be far better employing the services of a mentor who can watch you and give you the correct steps for adjustment and the personal tools required to optimise your skills.
    trapsetter
    trapsetter

SPS Chips : 249

Post  trapsetter Wed May 27, 2009 11:41 am

I do believe phinnies that HM have a beta version in place with the updates for MTTs and STTs!!

I hear that somewhere in the near future (if not already) they will release it as a patch to update HM which will give you both platforms to STAT away to eternity lol
    DONT quote me though lol, im sure i read it somewhere!!
    Also, why would HM have a tournament section in place that doesnt work???? pretty sure its coming!!
    (unless ive completely got it all mixed up???)
    mack04
    mack04

Post  mack04 Thu May 28, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks for the advice all.Just been looking at Holdem Manager on one of the links and i think that might be the way forward to try and improve my game.
    I think you're right about the mentoring though phinnies, this is one game with some serious leaks. Somebody is going to have to earn their money!!! not worthy not worthy
    phinnies1
    phinnies1
    Admin

SPS Chips : 121

Post  phinnies1 Sun May 31, 2009 9:51 am

mack04 wrote:Thanks for the advice all.Just been looking at Holdem Manager on one of the links and i think that might be the way forward to try and improve my game.
    I think you're right about the mentoring though phinnies, this is one game with some serious leaks. Somebody is going to have to earn their money!!! not worthy not worthy

Thats why we are here
    Chipped
    Chipped

SPS Chips : 134
    Favourite hand : Posh dog (k9 suited)

Post  Chipped Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:43 pm

well i dont use any software, except pokerstove for a bit of analysing after the event, but i can recommend the mentoring! great value for money cheers
    mack04
    mack04

Post  mack04 Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:45 am

You may think that poker mentoring is good value for money, but i have just been informed by my much beter half that because of a surprise new addition coming to the family oops
    the only way i'm having any mentoring is by booking in for a small op. arrgghh arrgghh arrgghh
    They do say that the first cut is the deepest!
    No greater love does any man have for his poker!!!! affraid affraid
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:18 am

mack04 wrote:You may think that poker mentoring is good value for money, but i have just been informed by my much beter half that because of a surprise new addition coming to the family oops
    the only way i'm having any mentoring is by booking in for a small op. arrgghh arrgghh arrgghh
    They do say that the first cut is the deepest!
    No greater love does any man have for his poker!!!! affraid affraid

lol congratulations m8!

somehow your pic looks very appropriate for your op lmao freddie

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:37 am