SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+4
danowski69
GlasgowAlex
MADV
Evo397bhp
8 posters

Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats

Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats Empty Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats

Post  Evo397bhp Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:15 am

Grab a coffee if your going to read this, paper done for someone who asked for use of stats in pre flop shove/call Situations.

The theory of Tournaments and the logic behind raises based on player stats.

You will need Hold’em Manager, Poker Tracker or Poker office for any stats to make sense, the fit or fold theory on the other hand makes sense without stats.

First lets all suck some eggs!

The principle behind a freezout poker tournament is to outlast your opponents, this is the only path to winning!, simple enough yes? So by this very nature we can say that the whole game is one of choices, to play a hand or not, and this makes it binary where a “0” is fold and “1” is play (stay with me here), re-buy or cash games are not binary for the reason that you may make a play purely on the fact that you can or will re-buy.
    If we now assume that the freezout game is binary then we also have to assume that Logic is our friend, due to logic being the only applicable solution to a binary question. We base our logic on past events helped by tracking software, the reason for point this out I hope will become clear further on.

By the use of a weighted analysis (whole different subject) we can argue a cause for poker being a game of skill rather than luck, the exact values are open to debate, for the use here and my own personal view, we are going to take 70/30 as the figure. The main error players make is to confuse the 30% luck with probability, now by it’s very nature “luck” means an unlikely event happening against the odds of probability e.g.
    Take 7d7s onto a board of Ts 4 d2 c 9c against villain QcJc, while the villain needs to improve he is looking at the daddy: a 23 outer. Would you shove here? Then claim he got lucky? Sounds a silly example I know, but be honest how many times have you seen the 77 shove here then moan at “the fish, getting lucky”. If we break this down to logic, then logic says the 77 should not shove, and logic says the JQ should call any shove, bet or re-raise. The point here is that the winning of the hand by JQ would be down to probability and NOT luck.

That all said time to move onto the point of this paper, the reasoning logic to call based on past play and stats to being shoved on pre-flop to you opening bets pre-flop.

For the following examples, all are based on a none turbo, full ring game at the 200/400 50 ante blind level:
    Stats quoted in brackets are % of: voluntary put in pot Vpip; Pre-flop raises PFR, called open raise CO. And take the form of example (19/12/6) where known.
    Your stack is 9500 and Villain stack is 9500 you have both seen 100 hands at this table together.

1) Your image is TAG/NITTY (6/6/0) way to tight for this stage and is more akin to early levels; your villain is TAG (15/10/5). UTG through to MP (middle pos) you QQ open for 2.5x (1000) making a 2100 pot with blinds an ante’s, Villain Shoves. This should be a FOLD by you. Reasons being villain is not loose his stats suggest a TAG player but more to the point he will know your range is small in this position, his holding Logic dictates AQs, AKo, AKs, KK, AA, reason being why would he risk his tournament life, when thus so far he has avoided doing so vs. a TAG Nitty player that has only ever shown or played the top 6% of his cards, Logic here defines his range, FOLD. The counter here is he knows your NITTY and shoves 77 but his past actions says that this is slim at best and certainly not worth your tournament seat to find out.

2) Your image is TAG (13/9/3), your villain (48/1/55) typical lagtard station caller, you open again 2.5x bb (1000) in MP, villain shoves from the BTN, no while this guy will play a 43% range which is wide to say the least and you want this station gone (how often ya thought that) his raising range is 1%! That equates to AA, KK, over a 100 hands this guy must have had AJ, AQ, 88 etc and only ever called a raise or limped, why would his style now change when you have opened for 2.5x bb? It won’t is the answer, so again logic say FOLD

3) Your image is SOLID TAG (15/15/3) you have just been in BB v SB spot where you checked down ATo on a board of QJT23 v SB limp pre to take the pot, villain is TWATARD (61/3/65) UTG+2 limps, folds to you on BTN TT you re-raise 4xBB (1600) pot now 3100, villain shoves, now lets think on this, villain raises 6% of range, he limped so we can remove AA,KK,AK,JJ,TT (as we have TT so probability says so) and 99, he plays 61% of range less 6% raise range and has a 65% raise call range, i.e. 65% of 59% (65% vpip – 6% PFR) what this leaves us is his top (but excluding the top 6%) of hands, now we apply logic, yes it could be AA trap this type of player likes this move to feel superior to others (wrong!) but other than the monster trap what we are more likely facing is a hand that is scared to see a flop, chances are he has not paid your style much attention through the 100 hands other than the last hand of AT where you checked down, he missed the fact you was against another TAG in that hand, so on balance here we are facing A6+, 22 –99 ranges, so we beat 8 hands dead, we dominate to a 1 card out 5 more, and race against AJ and AQ (no AK as that’s in his 6% raise range) . Logic says we CALL
    NOTE HERE: I would call a shove in this situation with hands down to 55 (why I was called a fish so many times! PMSL)

4) Your image is LAG (30/24/Cool, your villain is SOLID (18/14/0 ), in middle position JJ you open 3x bb, next seat calls PLEB (65/0/0) villain CO shoves, this is more tricky, 1st off we can ignore PLEB this guy just wants flops and has read a tad about position in poker, the villain on the other hand is a trouble, he’s running only 18% hands and 14% raise this should mean with a raise and call we can put his range down to AA,KK,QQ BUT and that’s a big BUT this guy understands probability and pot odds, what has he seen, a LAG open for 3x bb standard for 24% of range, and a PLEB call, this players ability may shove AA for value and pot size, but more likely 3bet trying to take Mr PLEB along for the ride, so what would he shove?, interestingly his range here tend to widen AT+ and 66+ this puts us in really what is a coin flipper, with a pot of 13000 and our stack of 7900 and implied odds from PLEB of 20900 that’s close to 3:1 on 4th best hand, against villain we crush 5 hands, we race 2 x 1 over card hands, and flip 2 x 2card over’s and get crushed by 3 hands, lets take PLEB for a second, Logic (well more commonsense) says he has to have high cards, broadways at the least this does not effect our hand so much as the villain draw probability, so with 4 beat and 5 races crushed by 3 . we CALL for implied odds and value.

I did do 2 other examples, LAGTARD vs. TWATARD and vs. PLEB, but lets be honest if you fall into any of these brackets then fook it 92o will do just shove eh!

Sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors, 1 type with 2 fingers !!!!!

Last edited by Evo397bhp on Mon May 24, 2010 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats Empty Re: Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats

Post  Evo397bhp Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:17 am

sorry can't get shot of "cool" logo in stats supposed to bge ZERO
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats Empty Re: Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats

Post  MADV Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:18 am

Evo397bhp wrote:sorry can't get shot of "cool" logo in stats supposed to bge ZERO

It doesn't look like it detracts from the main body of work IMO. Do you have an abstract and contents page though?

Goes to get coffee >
    GlasgowAlex
    GlasgowAlex

SPS Chips : 467
    Favourite hand : Gladly shove all my chips in with AA

Post  GlasgowAlex Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:47 am

You will need Hold’em Manager, Poker Tracker or Poker office for any stats to make sense, the fit or fold theory on the other hand makes sense without stats

I dont use any software of this type, which one would you recommend?
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:02 am

Ive used all of them, but settle for Hold'em Manager, as it's a 1 off fee (or free through promo's)and the best filters for leak busting, and user friendly
    GlasgowAlex
    GlasgowAlex

SPS Chips : 467
    Favourite hand : Gladly shove all my chips in with AA

Post  GlasgowAlex Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:51 am

Evo397bhp wrote:Ive used all of them, but settle for Hold'em Manager, as it's a 1 off fee (or free through promo's)and the best filters for leak busting, and user friendly

cool thanks Smile I will be investing n that then
    danowski69

SPS Chips : 2455

Post  danowski69 Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Sound advice from a sound solid player.

Nice work m8

Gives me a few things to keep in mind when playing

And Alex, defo invest in Hold'em Manager, money well spent if you ask me.

Very Happy
    Muffer
    Muffer

SPS Chips : 163

Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats Empty holdem manager

Post  Muffer Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:11 am

Mate uses this and swears by it.
    I myself think it is desp measures for failing players basing your game on it.(not all but alot)
    Everysingle call you make pre,ingame has to be %based on your hit value/pot value toooooooooo (win( value.
    Some software calculates stats for you granted but =it has its drawbacks of stopping you making a good read and indeed outplaying which are 2 of the biggest things required in poker.(poker is about this )
    People using this clearly cant do the physics and if there lacking this there in trouble bigstyle.
    Im not saying it can,t be useful don,t get me wrong here...must improve some people,if this is the case quit.
    Evo your a decent player and hav alot of respect for you but the guys at the top don,t bother with this you find there all maths wise and capable of good outplay.
    Would love to know if sir Rick uses this??????????I think the answer will match mine,plyms,fanny1,daddymacs.
    There is clearly a market for the products but dont you think they urge inept players chasing a false realisation they can match a top player using this??the answer is no chance,only way to do it book a few sessions with these guys because what ppl think they know they dont.!!.
    Bainn is a wise head and im sure he wil have a response
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:36 am

You are entitled to your views mate; and I thought this through before responding but...

Mate uses this and swears by it.
    Cash or Tourney?, the post is on Tourney where few use it.

I myself think it is desp measures for failing players basing your game on it.(not all but alot)
    I would agree, but who bases there game on it ? the opening line of the post lays out "stats in pre flop shove/call situations"

Everysingle call you make pre,ingame has to be %based on your hit value/pot value toooooooooo (win( value.
    Poker is a mathematically based game of probability, as you state by the use of "%", the % chance of your hand being good to call a shove is based on the probable holding of your opponents and there history within the game in hand.

Some software calculates stats for you granted but =it has its drawbacks of stopping you making a good read and indeed outplaying which are 2 of the biggest things required in poker.(poker is about this )
    TOSH : any statistical software is used as an aid and nothing more.

People using this clearly cant do the physics and if there lacking this there in trouble bigstyle.
    By this comment I take it you mean "mathematics" there is no physics within poker, with the exception of live where motion and gravity of cards and chips is present.

Im not saying it can,t be useful don,t get me wrong here...must improve some people,if this is the case quit.
    ? Contradiction in terms statement there ?, the value in software is in post play analysis as a rule of thumb, and I'm not so arrogant as to believe I'm beyond any "improvements" in my game.

Evo your a decent player and hav alot of respect for you but the guys at the top don,t bother with this you find there all maths wise and capable of good outplay.
    Would love to know if sir Rick uses this??????????I think the answer will match mine,plyms,fanny1,daddymacs.

Right 100% respect for the players you mention but if we are talking top don't you think we should include Collin"SnGman101" Moshman, James"splitsuit"sweeney, Bob "microbob"Rotruck, Dusty "leatherass" schmidt, now like I say 100% respect for the players you mention but the 4 I've just listed earn $1million + per year ! and are all cash game players (deliberate as this is normal territory for tracking software) add to this that Greg Raymer use to carry a note and keep records on live players, and given some time I'm sure I could added to this list. THE POINT HERE is listing 4 players that don't use software in tournaments does not prove anything as there are always players that do.

There is clearly a market for the products but dont you think they urge inept players chasing a false realisation they can match a top player using this??the answer is no chance,only way to do it book a few sessions with these guys because what ppl think they know they dont.!!.
    You have deeply confused the use of tracking software with some form being "inept: without skill or aptitude for a particular task or assignment" is that truly how you see a player that uses an opponent's history of play, so in basic term you are throwing away a statistical factor within a mathematical game and just playing your hole cards? were is the aptitude or assignment in that ?

My post, as mentioned above was for a particular situation within a game, and before anyone comments on players change style, have a bad day etc. I had also included the point of saying "you have both seen 100 hands at this table together" you have jumped on tracking software as being a waste of time, yet as there is no time input on the player behalf this is not possible? Tracking software is an analysis tool in post play and an "aid" in play, nothing more nothing less.
    As humans we learn by example, anything that can store and replay example after example is a tool of use.
    Paul
    Paul

SPS Chips : 87

Post  Paul Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:17 am

feck me I'm keeping my head down on this one....
    Muffer
    Muffer

Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats Empty hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Post  Muffer Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 am

Im still scratching mine evo,gl at the tables x
    geordieneil
    geordieneil

SPS Chips : 332
    Favourite hand : aces are u fookin stupid

Post  geordieneil Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:50 am

my only opinion is all this software bollox should be banned by all sites, it is not "you" who is weighing up ur decision making, when was the last time u seen a live player whip out his lap top before making a crucial decision.
    sorry guys but imho it is "cheating" people games and decision making aided by a computer programme.

ITS ALL WRONG

ok guys who use them, they feel "why should i fall behind other people coz they use them" (2 wrongs don't make a right) and when it comes to you guys who use these software "cheating" gadgets. how the hell do u think this will help you improve ur game in the long run, IT WON'T these will be banned before long, and therefore your natural game will have fell miles behind. and your live game will be hugely affected.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, and they have the right to use these gadgets if they choose to, but in the long run you will lose out.

BAN THEM ALL NOW

lol now thats off my chest.....gl guys
    geordieneil
    geordieneil

Post  geordieneil Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:01 am

cheat

• verb 1 act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage. 2 deprive of something by deceitful or unfair means. 3 avoid (something undesirable) by luck or skill: she cheated death in a spectacular crash.

• noun 1 a person who cheats. 2 an act of cheating.

— ORIGIN shortening of ESCHEAT.

just an extract from the oed, now this software falls under all 3 catergories.

didn't write this to fall out with anyone, this is purely to make you think about your own game development (and morals)

yes i understand "others" use them, but if you continue to use them, it is only your own game that will suffer.
    Muffer
    Muffer

Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats Empty Sir Evo(online mtt poker))))))

Post  Muffer Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:01 am

A very defensive response there sir,which to be fair some may say software is good and some may say its bad.
    Im a firm believer that you improve through taking advice from players playing the game not the software..I understand you think it,s good as it plugs gaps which is fair doos.
    I howeva think these gaps can be filled through common thinking and good listening to those who actually get results week in week out.
    The players you mention are out of my league completely but how would they fair playing low to medium level mtts every week(which we on here do)a known player recently became self reliant on these software assists and it wasnt until he actually listened and went back to his old way and took a little bit of advice he now finds himself back on course.
    If I came across brunt erlier that was not the intention Evo,I just think advice can be channelled better through comon sense mate.
    Gl at the tables Evo may you return to ladbrokes soon.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:20 am

geordieneil wrote:cheat

• verb 1 act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage. 2 deprive of something by deceitful or unfair means. 3 avoid (something undesirable) by luck or skill: she cheated death in a spectacular crash.

didn't write this to fall out with anyone, this is purely to make you think about your own game development (and morals)

yes i understand "others" use them, but if you continue to use them, it is only your own game that will suffer.

There seems to be a great misnomer in what tracking software actually does!
    It does not make a decision for you as that would break all sites TOS, it does nothing more than what can be achieved by pen and paper, which brings me back to Greg Raymer who has been doing this live for years.
    Thus "cheat" is not applicable!, there is no gained advantage over others, there is nothing dishonest, it does not act deceitfully or by unfair means, so I'm sorry to say the term in your reply post holds no credibility in the term of implying that; Tracking software is cheating.

The fact you see it a wrong, is a different matter and you opinion, which you are fully entitled to, they wont be banned as they break no TOS of any site for the reasons stated, they have been around for many years and will be for many more, THEY WILL NOT MAKE YOU WORLD CHAMPION, but as stated they will give you insight into your play post game.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:24 am

Muffer wrote:A very defensive response there sir,which to be fair some may say software is good and some may say its bad.
    Im a firm believer that you improve through taking advice from players playing the game not the software..I understand you think it,s good as it plugs gaps which is fair doos.
    I howeva think these gaps can be filled through common thinking and good listening to those who actually get results week in week out.
    The players you mention are out of my league completely but how would they fair playing low to medium level mtts every week(which we on here do)a known player recently became self reliant on these software assists and it wasnt until he actually listened and went back to his old way and took a little bit of advice he now finds himself back on course.
    If I came across brunt erlier that was not the intention Evo,I just think advice can be channelled better through comon sense mate.
    Gl at the tables Evo may you return to ladbrokes soon.

Sorry mate din't mean to be defensive, after all, I play poker for a living not sell software, so it is every bodys free choice to use it or not.

GL to you also mate, but you won't ever find me at ladbrokes tables again (as stated in another post)
    Muffer
    Muffer

Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats Empty Not needed m8

Post  Muffer Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:55 am

My post may have came across wrong aswell erlier,I know it doesn,t make a decision for you.
    When sat at home its not cheating either as you can do what you like aslong as no collusion.
    I meant to say plugging a gap with good words would work alot better than software.
    1day with someone in the online game would learn someone alot more than the software.
    Gl to all that use it may you show me how good it is in weekly by beating me using it lol.
    Anti tilt tips,good basic rules (which you dnt break)are massive to getting what you want.
    I love the game and know basic principles make good money without it but maybe people need to try it for themselves.
    geordieneil
    geordieneil

Post  geordieneil Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:15 am

Evo397bhp wrote:
    geordieneil wrote:cheat

There seems to be a great misnomer in what tracking software actually does!
    It does not make a decision for you as that would break all sites TOS, it does nothing more than what can be achieved by pen and paper, which brings me back to Greg Raymer who has been doing this live for years.
    Thus "cheat" is not applicable!, there is no gained advantage over others, did you do the maths youself??? there is nothing dishonest, it does not act deceitfully or by unfair means, was your decision aided by a computer program,without your opponent knowing about it so I'm sorry to say the term in your reply post holds no credibility in the term of implying that; Tracking software is cheating. do i class this as an unfair advantage, do i class this as depriving of something by deceitful or unfair means. yes i do
    The fact you see it a wrong, is a different matter and you opinion, which you are fully entitled to, they wont be banned as they break no TOS of any site for the reasons stated, they have been around for many years and will be for many more, THEY WILL NOT MAKE YOU WORLD CHAMPION, but as stated they will give you insight into your play post game.

it is giving you an unfair advantage, it is getting a 3rd party to do the maths for you, it is aiding your skill and judgement, and it is unfair against your opponent.
    thb i haven't really looked into what these "gadgets" actually do (purely down to my own morals), only what i've heard from others, but i've been told they collect info continuously from all players, they advise you on the hand ranges of your opponents, and do the maths for you. how on hell can you say this is not an unfair advantage????
    ok if all you use it for is to weigh up your own game and what you did right or what you did wrong after you have finished playing, then fair enough.

but if you use these "gadgets" whilst playing, which WILL aid you with your decision making, then the description of the word "cheating" from the oed applies.
    verb 1 act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage. 2 deprive of something by deceitful or unfair means. 3 avoid (something undesirable) by luck or skill: she cheated death in a spectacular crash.

ps whats wrong with the pen and paper and going thru the hand histories yourself
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:36 am

thb i haven't really looked into what these "gadgets" actually do (purely down to my own morals), only what i've heard from others, but i've been told they collect info continuously from all players, they advise you on the hand ranges of your opponents, and do the maths for you. how on hell can you say this is not an unfair advantage????

enough said really, you feel obliged to argue the morals without experience ?

This post has turned into a argument for and against tracking software which was never it's intention.

You find pen and paper acceptable? do you travel in horse track still? they are the same bar for technologies.

Your argument has been weighed, measured and found lacking in substance other than your own disapproval
    geordieneil
    geordieneil

Post  geordieneil Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:56 am

Evo397bhp wrote:thb i haven't really looked into what these "gadgets" actually do (purely down to my own morals), only what i've heard from others, but i've been told they collect info continuously from all players, they advise you on the hand ranges of your opponents, and do the maths for you. how on hell can you say this is not an unfair advantage????

enough said really, you feel obliged to argue the morals without experience ?

This post has turned into a argument for and against tracking software which was never it's intention.

You find pen and paper acceptable? do you travel in horse track still? they are the same bar for technologies.

Your argument has been weighed, measured and found lacking in substance other than your own disapproval

certainly not arguing, i just hate anything that gives an unfair advantage, the comment on "pen and paper" at least with pen and paper it is your own workings, and not using technology to aid you.
    i dont argue at all about lack of experience with these gadgets, but i have heard a lot about them, and i can only go on what i've heard, and i will never change my mind that i think these gadgets are a form of cheating, not only that, they are taking away the beauty of one man against anothers battle of natural skill and wits.
    i am not alone in thinking these gadget bollox are hurting poker.

i know you didn't start the thread to have a debate on is this or isn't this a form of cheating. i just don't understand why people need technology to assist them with playing the best card game in the world. COZ IT IS A CARD GAME AND NOT A BATTLE OF TECHNOLOGIES

please note my arguements are not against you. they are purely against the fkwits who invent this sh1t to spoil "poker" to make millions by helping people CHEAT gain an unfair advantage.
    Muffer
    Muffer

Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats Empty software

Post  Muffer Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:23 am

I still say use the software and il beat anyone using it in the weekly.
    This isnt arrogant it is a fact,the offer is there for anyone on here to use it and beat me this week.
    Evo consistency is my forte and one day watching how I do it would learn people alot more than this rip off of a gadget.
    You mentioned some big names before mate but people on here play lowish limit and if making a living need a real insight into where there going wrong not something which will aid them.
    You quit laddies as you put it (couldnt make a living and badbeats)I make a very good second living on the same site using no software ,neverplying cash,stts.
    All im saying here is people are clouded as 9/10times its flaws in there gamestopping them hitting consistency level to actually win enough.
    I know you aint,t arguing mate,neither am I at all,just people who are losing regular need game addressed totally as online you have to play the "system" nt just the player.
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:52 am

Muffer wrote:I still say use the software and il beat anyone using it in the weekly.
    This isnt arrogant it is a fact,the offer is there for anyone on here to use it and beat me this week.
    Evo consistency is my forte and one day watching how I do it would learn people alot more than this rip off of a gadget.
    You mentioned some big names before mate but people on here play lowish limit and if making a living need a real insight into where there going wrong not something which will aid them.
    You quit laddies as you put it (couldnt make a living and badbeats)I make a very good second living on the same site using no software ,neverplying cash,stts.
    All im saying here is people are clouded as 9/10times its flaws in there gamestopping them hitting consistency level to actually win enough.
    I know you aint,t arguing mate,neither am I at all,just people who are losing regular need game addressed totally as online you have to play the "system" nt just the player.

Wooooh there tiger, if your going to quote facts about me, you need to get your facts right !

My leaving laddies was absolutely NOTHING to do with your comment of "(couldnt make a living and badbeats)" !!
    At no point have I ever moaned about a badbeat all part of the job, and nor did I say couldn't make a living as this is dependant upon what you value as a living, I commented that for small profit I'm not prepared to put up with the way Laddies treats customers, It's just not worth my time.

And no not all people on here play "lowish limits", you are making a good "second living" very nice for you, BUT I make a first living and only income, WHEN and IF you ever get good enough to make that step you will find that, no longer can Ladbrokes as a solo site fulfill your requirements. ASK the 4 players you mentioned in previous post and many others ;-).

Not going to turn this thread into the merits of low stakes on Ladbrokes, start another thread and I'll be happy to post on it.

Now as for you challenge, well good look with it, but I for one have not for a very long time found the need to grind games in the €3 to €5 bracket , but good luck with that ! ,

This whole post has slipped into a debate on Tracking software, that was not the intention, it was just a repeat of a paper that I did for someone who wanted to use HM for tournaments, now right or wrong for what ever reason is of no importance to the opening post.
    Muffer
    Muffer

Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats Empty Your rite

Post  Muffer Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:12 am

I agree actually,not myself at the minute .Headaches etc..............apologies.
    This shouldnt have been an argument your right,if the facts I stated are both wrong I apologise for that 2.
    Gl at the tables
    MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Post  MADV Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:25 am

I like your description of the horse and cart but I think a more apt compariosn would be using the very technology everyone uses.

I use a 15" screen to play poker. Other people by 2 20" screens. Are these people cheating? They definitely have an advantage over me. The reason ITS NOT cheating is because it's available to everyone, just as tracking software is. Personally I don't use it but that's because I'm lazy. I really should but I just don't play that much anymore.

It's like saying a sports person cheats because he/she has better boots, a better bike, better clubs, even a better swim suit! They all have access to these.

Do you use a mouse or a touchpad? I can't p[lay with the touchpad, so I feel like I'm cheating using a mouse, it gives me an advantage.

Case closed. woop!
    geordieneil
    geordieneil

Post  geordieneil Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:46 am

MADV wrote:I like your description of the horse and cart but I think a more apt compariosn would be using the very technology everyone uses.

I use a 15" screen to play poker. Other people by 2 20" screens. Are these people cheating? They definitely have an advantage over me. The reason ITS NOT cheating is because it's available to everyone, just as tracking software is. Personally I don't use it but that's because I'm lazy. I really should but I just don't play that much anymore.

It's like saying a sports person cheats because he/she has better boots, a better bike, better clubs, even a better swim suit! They all have access to these.

Do you use a mouse or a touchpad? I can't p[lay with the touchpad, so I feel like I'm cheating using a mouse, it gives me an advantage.

Case closed. woop!

????? strange reply madv...have u read the whole thread?? does ur 15 inch monitor, or your mouse ever do your maths or decision making for you? does ur mouse or monitor count millions of hands and tell u what kind of player u r up against? does ur opponent know that u r using this bollox against him?
    now if that isnt gaining an unfair advantage, then i don't know what is

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:26 pm