SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Hi and welcome to our SPS Forum!

Only our forum members are eligible for our freerolls, cheaprolls, forum games, and other promotions; so if you haven't registered, please sign up, it only takes a minute!

Any problems or questions please email us at admin@sharkpokerschool.com

SharkPokerSchool Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SharkPokerSchool Forum
www.SharkPokerSchool.com....  Hi Guest, welcome to the SPS Forum!..... Welcome to our newest member darrayb..... Don't forget our friendly weekly forum game, and wp to last Sunday's winner, xBEASTx!!!

+4
danowski69
GlasgowAlex
MADV
Evo397bhp
8 posters

Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats

MADV
    MADV

SPS Chips : 1369
    Favourite hand : AA - the suit, quite frankly, is irrelevant

Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats - Page 2 Empty Re: Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats

Post  MADV Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:10 am

geordieneil wrote:
    MADV wrote:I like your description of the horse and cart but I think a more apt compariosn would be using the very technology everyone uses.

I use a 15" screen to play poker. Other people by 2 20" screens. Are these people cheating? They definitely have an advantage over me. The reason ITS NOT cheating is because it's available to everyone, just as tracking software is. Personally I don't use it but that's because I'm lazy. I really should but I just don't play that much anymore.

It's like saying a sports person cheats because he/she has better boots, a better bike, better clubs, even a better swim suit! They all have access to these.

Do you use a mouse or a touchpad? I can't p[lay with the touchpad, so I feel like I'm cheating using a mouse, it gives me an advantage.

Case closed. woop!

????? strange reply madv...have u read the whole thread?? does ur 15 inch monitor, or your mouse ever do your maths or decision making for you? does ur mouse or monitor count millions of hands and tell u what kind of player u r up against? does ur opponent know that u r using this bollox against him?
    now if that isnt gaining an unfair advantage, then i don't know what is

Define "unfair advantage". My mouse doesn't do maths, but it gives me a (very)slight advantage over someone without one. Are you defining it as something that gives 10% advantage, 20%, 30%. I know you can't answer this as it's immeasurable. What is measurable, however, is something you can do, that is either a) not permitted by the site, or b) something that others can't with enough energy/effort/money.

If you don't see the analogy then my post will mean nothing. And yes, I've read the entire thread. Unfortunately, I'm open to new thoughts and explanations, some may not be.
    geordieneil
    geordieneil

SPS Chips : 332
    Favourite hand : aces are u fookin stupid

Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats - Page 2 Empty Re: Logic of tornaments shove/call spots based on stats

Post  geordieneil Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:40 am

Define "unfair advantage". = using cheating software to unfairly improve ur online game = 108.329% match

ps atheletes can buy better trainers which are freely available and may improve his chances of winning a race, and so are steroids.

now i think we can say

cased closed the judge finds the defendant guilty of gaining an unfair advantage
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:12 am

geordieneil wrote:Define "unfair advantage". = using cheating software to unfairly improve ur online game = 108.329% match

ps atheletes can buy better trainers which are freely available and may improve his chances of winning a race, and so are steroids.

now i think we can say

cased closed the judge finds the defendant guilty of gaining an unfair advantage

Cheers for clearing that up, Neil. I see you've clarified your points to a position I just can't argue with.

For want of a better phrase, "yes dear"

Good luck at the tables.

Vad
    Paul
    Paul

SPS Chips : 87

Post  Paul Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:30 am

Lol, glad to see you've been taught that one already Vad
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

SPS Chips : 785
    Favourite hand : High stakes JJ, HiLo A33K Ds

Post  Evo397bhp Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:06 am

see new thread
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu May 20, 2010 5:14 am

bump rock on nicetread
    MADV
    MADV

Post  MADV Thu May 20, 2010 6:07 am

wildrick wrote:bump rock on nicetread

Is this a shameless bump for someone? What a Face
    wildrick
    wildrick
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor
    SharkPokerSchool Mentor

SPS Chips : 2238
    Favourite hand : 10sJs

Post  wildrick Thu May 20, 2010 6:08 am

indeed. me. lol. just cos i liked the thread What a Face
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Mon May 24, 2010 2:53 am

MADV wrote:
    wildrick wrote:bump rock on nicetread

Is this a shameless bump for someone? What a Face

I have no shame ! lol
    Evo397bhp
    Evo397bhp

Post  Evo397bhp Mon May 24, 2010 3:48 pm

Just looked back over this and changed the title to be more apt.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:59 am